Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Reading | Saturday 21st October 2023 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Was a poor first half but really turned it on in the second! Assimwe, Leaburn and
    Campbell were all excellent impact subs!

Real shame about Chuks but we march on! 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I came off the beach (not knocking one out) expecting to regret it but somehow the sun continues to shine indoors. I have that feeling that we might at last get out of this fucking awful league…but I’m not going to say it cos it might put the mockers on it. LLLABH!

• Options
    How about a cheeky bid for Reading’s no. 32 in January? Been a while since an opposition player, let alone defender, has stood out like he did.
    Not seen many handle Chuks as well as that. Although would have been nice if he hadn't injured him by being good as well 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Nelson Abbey - he's their captain at the age of 20. They might want £75m for him too.
  • Options
    Absolutely bossed the second half, which is good because the first half was absolutely dire. CBT when he's on it, he's absolutely unplayable 
  • Options
    Think the Prem sides will be all over Abbey in January I'm sure. Feels like a Brighton type signing. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I came off the beach (not knocking one out) expecting to regret it but somehow the sun continues to shine indoors. I have that feeling that we might at last get out of this fucking awful league…but I’m not going to say it cos it might put the mockers on it. LLLABH!

At least we're back in the hunt. Which is a lot more than looked likely a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Probably the best name I've ever heard: 

Nesta Guinness-Walker

• Options
    Looked so much better after the triple sub and went 442 there 2 centre backs were very good keeping chucks quiet first half. When it was a 1 up front. That abbey very impressive. 
    Think Corey’s cross for first was probably best his ever done right on money for chucks. 
    Hectors best game of season 
    great result. 
  • Options
    Can we actually ban NabyWonderland from player marks? This is too much. I can't stand it 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Just cannot understand leaving Chuks on for so long…we all know 45 mins is max…

Manager wanting more than 45 mins from his striker. Disgrace!

Surprised we see him in a Charlton shirt again 
  • Options
    It is going to be about six weeks I suspect but he will be back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All brilliant but worried about chuks 
  • Options
    Dobson / Watson combined well. Hope Chuks knock is not long term, feel for him.
    Good performance, not great.

Win the games in hand …….
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Just cannot understand leaving Chuks on for so long…we all know 45 mins is max…
    Glad he scored but impact sub is his position 
  • Options
    1st half was absolute pony. Tupac changed the game completely. A rare quiet game for cbt it seemed only until he then gets 3 assists. Knew as soon as he received the ball for our 1st it was going to end in a goal. Peach of a cross where Aneke didn't even have to move. From then on it was just to easy for us and I was glad we didn't ease off and positive subs were made to increase the score rather than hold out. UTA.
  • Options
    It is going to be about six weeks I suspect but he will be back.
    Has Appleton said that?
  • Options
    I have been giving Apples a relatively low score because of our 1st half performance, but I now wonder if his tactics is to have a defensive 45 then bring on the subs and change to an attacking formation?
  • Options
    Does MA have to play Tedic because he is on loan? Putting him on the wing is obviously not his game and MA seems not to fancy him at CF
  • Options
    Leuth said
    Can we actually ban NabyWonderland from player marks? This is too much. I can't stand it 
    his marks are no different to yours in that they are his view of the game, so to answer your question.......
    No