Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Reading | Saturday 21st October 2023 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Does MA have to play Tedic because he is on loan? Putting him on the wing is obviously not his game and MA seems not to fancy him at CF
    I’d like to see him with NA behind him and not Watson, not because I think he’d play a lot better but he’d get a lot more of the ball 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    What a great second half after Reading had proved to devoretty decent in the first. 
    Quite a few lifers saying in the match preview that this is the sort of game we often lose (away team on a long losing streak away from home etc), but we don’t seem to be that team any more. 
    So much quality on display in that second period. Corey unplayable again with three great assists, good performances all over the pitch, and four goals of the highest quality. 
    Tyreece has totally won me over. Cracking strike for his goal, and a wonderful assist for Miles, who looked brilliant again. 
    No mistakes from Hector this time. He looked class today, and with Jones has formed a strong centre back partnership now. 
    The only downside was Corey’s hamstring. Just have to hope he’s not out for too long. 
    But what a game. Absolutely buzzing. 
    Was he injured as well as Aneke, I assumed Corey went off to protect him for the upcoming games
    My mistake. Written quickly on the train home. 
  • Options
    Strangely quiet and lack luster first half followed by an equally impressive and exciting second half, once again after Apples seemed to wave his magic wand and get the subs sorted at the right time, 'suppose the only demerit in that regard was leaving Chuks on when we were in such a commanding position, but hindsight is a wondeful thing isn't it..
    Anyway 4-0 and some good well worked goals, but really impressed with the defence with some great blocks and determination to preserve the clean sheet, that seems to have been worked on big time, so Lincoln away Tuesday and another home match against Bolton next Saturday...more of the same please...✅
  • Options
    Left at half time, absolute borefest, don’t think we had a single chance. If you don’t score you’ll never win games.

We’re going nowhere. 
    😳
  • Options
    Reading were decent in the first half, and worked much harder than we did, probably because they were desperate to end that losing run. 
    As others have commented their 32, Abbey, handled Chuks very well, which meant the ball wasn’t sticking up front and our attacks were snuffed out. 
    Also, Tedic couldn’t get into the game, whereas Tyreece really did, and stole the show. Corey edged the MotM for me, but only just. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Can we actually ban NabyWonderland from player marks? This is too much. I can't stand it 
    After your comment about CBT playing ‘so badly’ in the first half glass houses spring to mind. 😂
  • Options
    Love watching Campbell and Asiimwe play - so much skill and energy. CBT impressing agqain and after a poor first half we looked on fire at times in the second half.
  • Options
    Decided not to go today but to stay at home & watch the cricket.

Doh !!! Wrong decision !!

But I know what the manager should do next!!!!

• Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    Great performance and so far it’s humble pie time for me regarding Appleton. Need to get Dobson and CBT tied up to new deals ASAP - big, big test for the new ownership. 

I’m surprised not more has been said about Chuks. At this stage, starting the guy is negligence and if he’s out for a substantial amount of time then that falls on Appleton. Infuriating.
    Will be gutted if we lose Dobson and CBT.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Does MA have to play Tedic because he is on loan? Putting him on the wing is obviously not his game and MA seems not to fancy him at CF
    Would he play CF if Aneke is out? Maybe his chance to show what he's about, because  one dive and a mishit shot in all this season isn't that impressive. Different style I know but I'd rather have Kanu on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really good 2nd half performance. Showed composure to dispatch of Reading. Thought their 32 Nelson Abbey looked really really good though.
  • Options
    Problem is that many of Aneke's injuries have occurred while on as a sub.

He has also been injured within minutes of coming on, and once in a warm up, only to be replaced as a sub. Perhaps MA is just focusing on playing players when they are fit and deal with playing the situation when they're not available. Not a bad approach if that's his way.
  • Options
    Nice ball from L Watson to CBT for our first, hit at pace and forward focused.

Pure strike from TS and how nice to see 3 academy lads celebrating in the corner....him, Nathan and Miles. 

Miles is pretty clinical when coming on a as a sub. 
  • Options
    Mirrored the Blackpool game without the defensive slip ups. 
    Cautious first half with no right width and right back staying deep; attacking from the left with two big blokes at the far stick. 
    Second half shackles off. A right winger, an attacking right back and a probing midfielder on and hey ho. Great fun. 
    Even had time to try something different for future games with Camara. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Would he play CF if Aneke is out? Maybe his chance to show what he's about, because  one dive and a mishit shot in all this season isn't that impressive. Different style I know but I'd rather have Kanu on.
    Miles would be my choice as CF