Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Rodwell & Andy Scott at Bromley Addicks 7 December

Petts Wood RBL

7.30pm

Free entry (collection taken)

All Addicks welcome 

Chance to win lunch at the training ground for two and Michael Appleton's shirt

Comments

• Bromley Addicks have come up with the totally original idea which is in no way copied from any social media site of sponsoring a shirt but offering people the chance to pay £10 towards the cost but for that they go into a draw to win either the shirt (Michael Appleton's) or the lunch for two at the training ground that comes with the deal.

If you're interested bring a crisp tenner (yes, we take cash) to the meeting in December to go into the draw.
  • Managing Director James Rodwell and Technical Director Andy Scott will take part in a Q&A in the CharltonTV Lounge Saturday, October 28th ahead of the Addicks’ clash against Bolton Wanderers.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/meet-rodwell-and-scott-charltontv-lounge
  • edited October 2023
    Only £73 for ST holders and £98 for non-ST holders

Think Bromley Addicks are undercharging at £0 plus voluntary donation

:o 
  • Only £73 for ST holders and £98 for non-ST holders

Think Bromley Addicks are undercharged at £0 plus voluntary donation

:o 
    Presumably you have to go through the club to get the guests (silly question of course you do) did the smt or whoever decide "Oh what a great idea, we can make some dosh". If not why did they not have the curtesy to say yes but just to let you know they're going to do a Q&A at a game in October. Bizarre.
  • Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Yes, we have to go through the club and it may have given them the idea but they have had speaking guests in the lounge before.

It probably will have little impact on our turn out as very different "price points" and audiences.

It's not as if another supporters group had scheduled a meeting on zoom with the manager for the exact same night!!!
  • I can make this one, two good guests at an important time of the season and enough time to have been able to judge Appleton and the team more, right ahead of the January window too.

Thanks all!
  • edited October 2023
    Sorry to put this on here, but Andy Scott is interviewed by Richard Cawley today and seems interesting. I am on my phone so if anyone can copy it over. Unless this is an old interview I missed. Dated today
  • Henry

Any chance of organising one in the Basingstoke area.
  • Henry

I have consulted the committee and after due deliberation the answer is no
  • Henry

Bromley addicks on tour, I like it!

After a 25 year absence I "might" actually be able to make this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dear Bromley Addick,

Just a reminder that Jim Rodwell ( Managing Director and Chairman ) and Andy Scott ( Technical Director) will be our guests on Thursday December 7th 2023 at our usual venue, The Petts Wood Royal British Legion Club, Queensway Petts Wood BR5 1DH.

The meeting will get under way at 7.30 pm and will be the normal Q & A session.

At the last meeting it was agreed that Bromley Addicks would sponsor Michael Appleton's shirt for the rest of this season.

At the December meeting we will be raffling two prizes

1. Michael Appleton's shirt
    2 . Lunch for two at the training ground with Michael Appleton.

Raffle tickets will be on sale on the night for £10 each so please bring some cash as we don't have a card reader.

The Charlton Athletic museum will also be there selling bucket hats (£20), badges and key rings (£3 each), again cash only,  which will make ideal Christmas presents.

Remember, if you want to support the museum they would love to hear from any fans with old shirts, badges, tickets etc to donate but please not any programmes more recent than 1960.  You can bring items along on the night or you can email the museum on cafchistorian@gmail.com

Looking forward to seeing you all at what should be a very interesting meeting

The Bromley Addicks Committee
  • .Covered End said:
    Can someone ask Andy Scott a straightforward question - Are we going to be able to spend money on transfer fees ( not loans or frees) in the Jan window. 
    I'll ask. 
    Will you get a straight answer, unlikely 
  • clb74 said:
    Can someone ask Andy Scott a straightforward question - Are we going to be able to spend money on transfer fees ( not loans or frees) in the Jan window. 
    I'll ask. 
    Easy answer.
    We will spend as much in the transfer window , as @ElfsborgAddick spends on a round in the pub.
    Make sure you help arrange the tables nicely on Thursday.
  • Can someone ask Andy Scott a straightforward question - Are we going to be able to spend money on transfer fees ( not loans or frees) in the Jan window. 
    Waste of time, he'll skirt around the answer.
  • Sponsored links:

• So what exactly has changed since you took over? 
  • So what exactly has changed since you took over? 
    Tell me the players YOU brought in that have not been a success.
  • Come along and ask the questions 
  • Come along and ask the questions 
    It wasn’t a dig at the event.

i won’t be attending. 

It is a suggested pointed question. 
  • Maybe put a cap on the amount of words he’s able to use in the waffle of  an answer …
  • Petts Wood RBL

7.30pm

All Addicks welcome 

Does Appleton know?
  • Petts Wood RBL

7.30pm

All Addicks welcome 

Does Appleton know?
    yes
  • Petts Wood RBL

7.30pm

All Addicks welcome 

Does Appleton know?
    Any excuse to get his guns out, he’s happy
  • Guessing you won't be able to record this or stream it live. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it tomorrow 
  • Can someone ask about the young lad with the meat patties?
    Heard a rumour he won't be round too much longer. Can they confirm?