Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match thread: Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 30th September 2023 | KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Isted definitely saved a goal.
    He saved about three in total.
  • That 60 yard strike was going in, it was almost nearly an OG too! Lucky point then really.
  • seth plum said:
    We have sacked the manager who started the season, and appointed a new one. 
    The new manager has a 0% lose rate. 
    The new manager has in my opinion dropped four points at Stevenage and Shrewsbury.
    Had we won both of those games by my calculation we would be four points behind my target instead of the current eight.
    We now have to beat Exeter and Blackpool to simply stand still and remain eight points behind (my) target.
    I can see some progress in players being available after injury, so in that respect Appleton has fallen into a pot of jam, but if Holden was sacked in order to make results better (some say this new Methven wrangled regime should be judged on results) then four points dropped at Stevenage and Shrewsbury are not improvements, had we won both of those games a case can be made that things have got better.
    Wibble wibble wibble.
  • seth plum said:
    The new manager has in my opinion dropped four points at Stevenage and Shrewsbury.
    Had we won both of those games by my calculation we would be four points behind my target instead of the current eight.
    We now have to beat Exeter and Blackpool to simply stand still and remain eight points behind (my) target.
    I can see some progress in players being available after injury, so in that respect Appleton has fallen into a pot of jam, but if Holden was sacked in order to make results better (some say this new Methven wrangled regime should be judged on results) then four points dropped at Stevenage and Shrewsbury are not improvements, had we won both of those games a case can be made that things have got better.
    Wibble wibble wibble.
    Yeah whatever. You constantly personalise don’t you?
    Creepy creepy creepy.
  • se9addick said:
    jams said:
    I still think it was going wide until Isted intervened 
    Was going in, and was a really clever save, he knew it was gonna bounce over him and into the goal, so he took the only action he could an bounce the ball over the bar, via the turf, a good recovery and save imo...
  • se9addick said:
    jams said:
    Was going in, and was a really clever save, he knew it was gonna bounce over him and into the goal, so he took the only action he could an bounce the ball over the bar, via the turf, a good recovery and save imo...
    Even if it WAS going wide (which I don't think it was) then it would be really hard to tell in real time at full speed. He couldn't really risk it IMO.
  • edited October 2023
    Both Charlton (Isted & Jones) and Shrewsbury (Bayliss & Winchester) have players in L1 team of the week.

• Almost scoring from 60 yards gets you in the TOTW?! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Almost scoring from 60 yards gets you in the TOTW?! 
    If you watched the 90 mins, Winchester was easily their best player IMO. Best I’ve seen a player deal with CBT all season.
    100%. I thought he was more of a central midfielder so was surprised to see him at wing back, but he did a very good job 
  • edited October 2023
    se9addick said:
    jams said:
    quite a flap, but doesn't matter how you keep them out
  • IAgree said:
    seth plum said:
    Suggesting Appleton has “fallen into a pot of jam” is just plain old wrong on so many levels. He inherited a terrible legacy and has very clearly steadied the ship. To expect him to win every one of his opening games in the context of how and what he took over is to set him up to fail, although I suspect that’s the point isn’t it

Re “your target” this is real life, not Football manager.
    I don't apologise for having the target of automatic promotion.
    The context of how and what he took over is down to Methven's merry men isn't it?

• edited October 2023
    seth plum said:
    IAgree said:
    seth plum said:
    Suggesting Appleton has “fallen into a pot of jam” is just plain old wrong on so many levels. He inherited a terrible legacy and has very clearly steadied the ship. To expect him to win every one of his opening games in the context of how and what he took over is to set him up to fail, although I suspect that’s the point isn’t it

The context of how and what he took over is down to Methven's merry men isn't it?

Who are you judging Methven or Appleton?

I also note that your "he is only here for the money" didnt extend to Henderson when he was appointed?

Why would that be?  For someone so sensitive to it in others you are awfully xenophobic.

Before any says anything about race or nationality look up what the word actually means first.
  • Leuth said:
    Almost scoring from 60 yards gets you in the TOTW?! 
    If you watched the 90 mins, Winchester was easily their best player IMO. Best I’ve seen a player deal with CBT all season.
    The Shrewsbury fan (Shaun) I spoke with pre-match called that Winchester would run the show. I was impressed. I also thought Tom Bayliss was quality and my personal motm for them who's ended up in totw also. They do have some decent players tbf and played some good football which is why the result didn't concern me too much. 

Feel if Shrewsbury had a striker they'd be a decent team 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    IAgree said:
    seth plum said:

I also note that your "he is only here for the money" didnt extend to Henderson when he was appointed?

Why would that be?  For someone so sensitive to it in others you are awfully xenophobic.

Before any says anything about race or nationality look up what the word actually means first.
    Not quite sure what point you're making here. Stephen Henderson was a follow on from the appointment of Michael Appleton wasn't he?
    As for judging, well numerous people have suggested that the regime and their appointees are judged on results, which is actually what I am doing.
    As I type we sit fifteenth in the third division, not a great result from the first couple of months of the season and speaking purely for myself I don't think languishing where we are is good at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    IAgree said:
    seth plum said:

Well of course we all want that don’t we?! Never met a football fan yet who didn’t!

You personal target really isn’t here nor there though is it and you have set a new manager unattainable expectations given the situation and squad he inherited
  • seth plum said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    IAgree said:
    seth plum said:

Not quite sure what point you're making here. Stephen Henderson was a follow on from the appointment of Michael Appleton wasn't he?
    As for judging, well numerous people have suggested that the regime and their appointees are judged on results, which is actually what I am doing.
    As I type we sit fifteenth in the third division, not a great result from the first couple of months of the season and speaking purely for myself I don't think languishing where we are is good at all.
    Has anyone said its good?  Or is that another fantasy of yours that thousands of Charlton fans are dancing in the street because we are 15th in league one?

Why use it as a very pathetic stick to beat our "so called manager" with?  Who has actually met your "target" since he has been employed. 

Did you accuse Henderson being here for the money and not caring about results and your small mind little target?  Or is he the right kind of chap?

Did you accuse Jackson and Bowyer for being "so called managers" because they took jobs under Roland and Thomas?

Or has your sad little life been consumed by the  irrelevance of what school Methven went to or what colour his trousers are?

You are absolutely pathetic and a hypocrite.
  • Looks like I am not the only one making judgements.
  • seth plum said:
    Looks like I am not the only one making judgements.
    Hypocrite 
  • Chunes said:
    I feel the target of automatic promotion is weak and feeble. Therefore I am setting a target of Champions League football within three years. 

I'll be posting before and after every game to update you all as to whether we are meeting my target. 

Please enjoy.
    That's a load of tosh, a proper target would be winning the six nations, grand national, boat race and The Hundred as well.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    I feel the target of automatic promotion is weak and feeble. Therefore I am setting a target of Champions League football within three years. 

I'll be posting before and after every game to update you all as to whether we are meeting my target. 

Please enjoy.
    That's a load of tosh, a proper target would be winning the six nations, grand national, boat race and The Hundred as well.
    Surely not The Hundred?!
  • edited October 2023
    Well Mr Plum thought our manager should be sacked if he didn't win the first 8 games, so by his reckoning Appleton should have already been sacked twice.
    Anyway he's getting all the attention he craves, so he must be happy in his world.
    This
  • Is it Tedic or Tenic? I am getting confused.

I thought it was Tedic but seen Tenic now a few times. 
    Only on the players’s marks thread. It’s Tedič.