Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks

Comments

• In many respects I think it’s perhaps unfortunate that the style and tempo that Jones demands is probably the very worst it could be for Chuks. Hopefully the new medical team have worked some magic but I’m no more than 50/50 that we won’t see Chuks pull up at some point. 
    I'm certain he will pull up at some point this season but I am also certain that we will manage him better before then and as a result get more out of him. Pre-season will help with that, usually he misses it with injury!
  • This seems to be an important season for Chuks. If he can remain fit enough to do a job he can prolong his career, even if it is elsewhere.
    Doesn't he have another year left after this ? 
  • shine166 said:
    This seems to be an important season for Chuks. If he can remain fit enough to do a job he can prolong his career, even if it is elsewhere.
    He came back in January transfer window 2022, 3.5 year deal. 
  • shine166 said:
    This seems to be an important season for Chuks. If he can remain fit enough to do a job he can prolong his career, even if it is elsewhere.

June 1st 2025, or there abouts !
  • edited August 17
    There was a point today where he had a heavy touch and was sprinting that I was terrified he was going to pull up but he had no issues at all. A really positive sign that he might be a little bit more durable. Won so many headers when he came on too. Don't think he's quite the goal threat he was as he's lost a yard of pace but he has so many other strengths.
  • I thought the same but I’m not sure he was actually sprinting full pelt.
  • JaShea99 said:
    I thought the same but I’m not sure he was actually sprinting full pelt.
    Think he was but his full pelt is a bit slower than before!
  • If we see that sort of effort from him, then Will Abbott deserves every penny of his salary
  • I did laugh at his touch when he ran full speed, I think even he was surprised he didn’t pull up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    He was absolutely livid at himself afterwards too. I think Chuks holds himself to an unattainable standard and probably overexerts himself to try and achieve that
    Think that’s part of what makes him good though, he truly never gives up 
  • I said om some other thread that I felt like Chuks’ cameos were diminishing in impact over the last year, but I’d like to retract that. I thought he was really effective today, horrendous first touch aside. 
  • I did laugh at his touch when he ran full speed, I think even he was surprised he didn’t pull up. 
    Reminded me of someone on winns common.
  • sam3110 said:
    He was absolutely livid at himself afterwards too. I think Chuks holds himself to an unattainable standard and probably overexerts himself to try and achieve that
    Lol. I love these sorts of comments. Based on absolutely nothing someone thinks they have a direct line into the fellas mind. Magic.

Please carry on.
  • Off_it said:
    sam3110 said:
    Lol. I love these sorts of comments. Based on absolutely nothing someone thinks they have a direct line into the fellas mind. Magic.

Please carry on.
    Yeah or they’re just looking at how Chuks visibly seems to beat himself up throughout games.
  • Thought Chuks was a bit hesitant when he came on, but after that tangle in front of the West Stand he turned into a Monster. Need someone to kick him before he comes on.
  • He's doing his thing, let not jinx anything okay. Nothing to see here folks no hopes being raised lets just sink the thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Loved his pitch-length sprint to track back in the last 10 minutes. Must have shocked the Bolton player, too, because he passed the ball out for a GK.
    Don’t think we’ve ever seen Chuks run like he has been this season and pre-season. Shows what Jones demands but also that he’s in much better shape having finally got through a pre-season without injury 
  • How do people still spell Chuks wrong?? No grammar Nazi comments or anything but honestly how? Is it on purpose? It’s literally in the thread title? He’s been with us for about 5 years now. Is it a whoosh joke I’ve missed? Someone please tell me as it’s doing my head in.
  • edited August 24
    JaShea99 said:
    How do people still spell Chuks wrong?? No grammar Nazi comments or anything but honestly how? Is it on purpose? It’s literally in the thread title? He’s been with us for about 5 years now. Is it a whoosh joke I’ve missed? Someone please tell me as it’s doing my head in.

Spelling auto correct?
  • NabySarr said:
    No one in our team has been able to put a half-decent cross in this season, up steps Chuks, again just a step up in quality. Him and Godden is like subbing on a championship level strike partnership 
    Agreed I would argue our strike force as a collective unit must be up there with the best in the league. Not sure if how many other teams are able to bring on both a Godden & Chuks type and impact a game like the way they did.

Remember it was only New Year’s Day v Oxford we had Rylah and Casey coming off the bench instead. Serious strides forward since then.