Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks

Comments

• Literally legs like tree trunks.
  • Just listened to Chuks being interviewed after today’s game. 

Couldn’t help but think of Frank Bruno, “you know what I mean, Harry”
  • Get even a half decent run of games with Chuks contributing and we'll have a much better season.
    We only lost 1 game that he appeared in last season 
  • Looks fitter and slimmer than ever, should be more mobile and hopefully take the edge of the injury risk.
    Posted a couple of years ago that maybe he should lose some muscle but remember the medical experts jumping on it a bit. Sure I wasn't the only one that thought it was worth a try. Remains to be seen if it makes any difference but fingers crossed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 20
    NabySarr said:
    Get even a half decent run of games with Chuks contributing and we'll have a much better season.
    We only lost 1 game that he appeared in last season 
    It was the last game of the season as well
  • I can't see how Chuks who turned 31 recently can play a contact sport and suddenly because of a new program and sports science be available for selection more often 🤔
    Surely everything has been tried in the last 5 years by mainly using him from the bench in the 2nd half as Chuks preferred that from starting !

Jayden Stockley said Chuks Aneke had the Qualities to be a top Championship striker but needed a lot of convincing that he could start matches.

Let's hope some magic spray has been found as Aneke could be the X-factor player similar to Yann in CP League 1 winning squad. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Ok, we will take 45 minutes of Chuks at his best either 1st half of 2nd half if that is the max 👏🏼
  • edited July 21
    glad the medics are trying something new with Chuks. It’s diffficult to get the right balance as he needs the muscle to play the way he does, but that muscle also meant he was prone to injury.  I hope the support team have helped him with the psychological side also so he can be a threat without his most powerful weapon (strength and ability to bully defenders). From the excellently taken goal on Friday, I hope so. 
  • I can't see how Chuks who turned 31 recently can play a contact sport and suddenly because of a new program and sports science be available for selection more often 🤔
    Surely everything has been tried in the last 5 years by mainly using him from the bench in the 2nd half as Chuks preferred that from starting !

Jayden Stockley said Chuks Aneke had the Qualities to be a top Championship striker but needed a lot of convincing that he could start matches.

Let's hope some magic spray has been found as Aneke could be the X-factor player similar to Yann in CP League 1 winning squad. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Ok, we will take 45 minutes of Chuks at his best either 1st half of 2nd half if that is the max 👏🏼
    Between 2020 and 2022 he was pretty much fit the whole time, scored 15 goals for us and then was fit for half a season at Birmingham. So we know it can be done. Needs his minutes managed and probably some well deserved luck 
  • A terrible shame with his injury history as he would have been a fantastic asset if he'd have been able to manage 35 games a season.
    But he would have been an asset for someone else then.
  • The 38 app that Wikipedia have for the 20/21 season from memory was for the amount of times Chuks was in the 18 man squad and not the amount of games he got on the pitch. Definitely his best season for Aneke being available for selection.

Since his return when JJ played him for the full duration of a match when he scored a late equaliser on his return from Birmingham, CAFC have played about 118 matches and Chuks has only been available for 39 so he needs a change of fortune so our own cheat code can prosper.
  • edited July 21
    Chuks is undeniably a difference maker and someone who makes watching us enjoyable. I thoroughly hope he can play a big part this year, he seems to be a great influence on the young players in this squad and someone who genuinely seems grateful to the support the club have shown him, I know that should be the bare minimum but we have seen many players fuck us over after supporting them through long term injuries, so it's at least nice to see some appreciation.
  • It’s encouraging so far but we’ve had too many false dawns. I don’t ever think Chuks is going to be a 90 minutes player again but if we could get the occasional 45 minutes and cameos from the bench then he’s going to be a major factor this year. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Yann was about the most durable player we’ve had in the last 15 years .  Chuks .. isn’t .  
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:
    A terrible shame with his injury history as he would have been a fantastic asset if he'd have been able to manage 35 games a season.
    But he would have been an asset for someone else then.

Why is that?
  • Rothko said:

I have not played the video yet, but if this is the case good luck to the fella to have his head screwed on and not waste his dough.
    I hope that when his career finishes he is financially secure.  Possibly has an insurance against injuries etc.
  • The 38 app that Wikipedia have for the 20/21 season from memory was for the amount of times Chuks was in the 18 man squad and not the amount of games he got on the pitch. Definitely his best season for Aneke being available for selection.

Since his return when JJ played him for the full duration of a match when he scored a late equaliser on his return from Birmingham, CAFC have played about 118 matches and Chuks has only been available for 39 so he needs a change of fortune so our own cheat code can prosper.
    No, he played in 38 league games. Often as a sub, but he played over 1500 minutes across 38 league games that season 

I know he hardly ever started as he preferred being a sub but I find that hard to believe that Chuks Aneke was on the pitch for 38 out of 46 league games in the 20/21 season. 
    The narrative even in his 1st spell at CAFC, was he was injury prone for most of that time; obviously not in the 20/21 season.

No, he played in 38 league games. Often as a sub, but he played over 1500 minutes across 38 league games that season 

I know he hardly ever started as he preferred being a sub but I find that hard to believe that Chuks Aneke was on the pitch for 38 out of 46 league games in the 20/21 season. 
    The narrative even in his 1st spell at CAFC, was he was injury prone for most of that time; obviously not in the 20/21 season.
    He did play in 38 league games in that season, 41 games in all competitions.

Well, it happened. He actually played in 41 games overall including 3 cup games. He started 12 of them and missed one game he probably would have played in because he got sent off like a big angry loon. He also came on at half time on 4 different occasions so he was very available, we just managed him carefully. It was Jackson after that who threw the plan out, starting him in 4 consecutive games and bringing him on for half an hour in the 5th. He was out for 12 games after that and we've had the Chuks we've got now ever since

His heart condition was something that only came to light i believe in the last couple of years. Its something to do with his Aerobic Capacity and it affecting the amount of Oxygen/blood flow to his muscles. This is from someone close to him and i'm not in anyway a doctor so couldn't tell you why it's the case, however i was really surprised to see him at Palace. One of the other things that was said was The heat is another factor, so Pre-Season is usually always a real struggle for him. 

One thing we do know about Chuks is, when he is fit, he is VERY effective. I can't see where he is going to get anything other than a Pay as you play deal however after this season. his on very good money with us and i can't imagine anyone else paying that to him given his record. Need's a massive injury free season. 

That good spell of fitness (for Chuks) was the reason he got a move to Birmingham and we bought him back. Had he had a second season being mostly out injured I’m sure we wouldn’t have done so. 
  • Scoham said:
    The 38 app that Wikipedia have for the 20/21 season from memory was for the amount of times Chuks was in the 18 man squad and not the amount of games he got on the pitch. Definitely his best season for Aneke being available for selection.

That good spell of fitness (for Chuks) was the reason he got a move to Birmingham and we bought him back. Had he had a second season being mostly out injured I’m sure we wouldn’t have done so. 
    Although he barely played in 19/20 either