Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks

Comments

• RC_CAFC said:
    One of the best things about this summer’s business is we can finally just use Chuks as the weapon he was built for. Half an hours impact off the bench. We are not relying on him to do something he can’t.

It could genuinely be the difference between top 6 and not.

In the 90 odd minutes he’s played so far, we’re 3-0 up and he’s played a crucial role in 2 of goals and missed a sitter that I’m sure in a few weeks he’ll be burying.
    I think the fact he can’t do the running that Jones wants from his starting strikers will also mean that he doesn’t fall into the trap that previous managers all have, where they realise Chuks is amazing and get greedy and try and start him 
  • Lovely strike, he’s naturally so much better than this level. The injuries (still not sure what they really are) are so cruel because he could have had a nice career at a much higher level.
  • Displayed excellent close control, at one stage there were two defenders around him and the juggled the ball past them and created a chance.
  • The message I got from Chuks interview was 'to keep working hard' !! Good lad and good strike. The other bit of skill he showed was bringing the ball down on the end of his foot from a 70 yd clearance by Mannion. Class.
    Just don’t work too hard Chuks, don’t want NJ thinking you can start games and lead a high press.
  • Charlotte “Well, Chucks, talk us through your goal”

Chuks ”Keep working hard, 100%”

Charlotte ”And it was a great assist from Campbell”

Chuks “Keep working hard, 100%”

• If I was Jones, I might be thinking, can we get 45 minutes a game from him? Maybe a dangerous thought but not an unsurprising one.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I was Jones, I might be thinking, can we get 45 minutes a game from him? Maybe a dangerous thought but not an unsurprising one.
    I think if he stays fit for another month we might see a slight increase in his minutes. Problem is by that point we're deep into two games a week territory so it's more of a risk. He's great off the bench for 30-45 mins, think everyone just needs to be happy with that
  • Charlotte “Well, Chucks, talk us through your goal”

He's not wrong, working hard = higher chance of results. 
  • Such a pivotal part to us getting any real success this season imo. The stats speak for themselves. Apart from Bolton, he has been the main influence for picking up points.
    The slight concern for me is that there isn't any real master stroke in tactical nous when we lean on him each time. 
    I don't want to jinx it, but god only knows where the goals are going to come from if the fella....

Like I said. Don't want to jinx it.
  • Sage said:
    I think the level of performance in the team will dramatically increase when we can get Leaburn and Godden on the pitch together. To then add Aneke coming on for 30 minutes or so every game is going to cause opposition so many problems, it’ll win us so many points.

I think we are more desperate to see him play longer because the difference in quality between him and Ahadme is huge, but having Leaburn back will take the pressure off him to perform every time he steps on the pitch.

Just like the team need to resist the temptation of going long into him so often, because he’s got more to his game than that, Jones will resist the temptation to start him because we have so many options now.

Use him for what he is and you will get a player who is a level above.

We just need to ensure we are in a good position for when he comes on so he’s not saving us from defeat or having to win us a game. It’s far more enjoyable if he comes on and helps extend our lead. 

@Sage I find that players who return after 10 months out of the game, without a competitive pre-season, rarely hit their previous levels from the offset. In fact you usually see them pick up niggles in interrelated body parts from their original injury. 

You seem confident he will hit the ground running (at full pelt)?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Charlotte “Well, Chucks, talk us through your goal”

He's not wrong, working hard = higher chance of results. 
    True.
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Sage said:
    I think the level of performance in the team will dramatically increase when we can get Leaburn and Godden on the pitch together. To then add Aneke coming on for 30 minutes or so every game is going to cause opposition so many problems, it’ll win us so many points.

I think we are more desperate to see him play longer because the difference in quality between him and Ahadme is huge, but having Leaburn back will take the pressure off him to perform every time he steps on the pitch.

Just like the team need to resist the temptation of going long into him so often, because he’s got more to his game than that, Jones will resist the temptation to start him because we have so many options now.

We just need to ensure we are in a good position for when he comes on so he’s not saving us from defeat or having to win us a game. It’s far more enjoyable if he comes on and helps extend our lead. 

@Sage I find that players who return after 10 months out of the game, without a competitive pre-season, rarely hit their previous levels from the offset. In fact you usually see them pick up niggles in interrelated body parts from their original injury. 

You seem confident he will hit the ground running (at full pelt)?
    They’ve taken their time with Miles and made sure he’s fully hit each stage of the recovery. He’s also grown and matured into his body now and looks to have gained some strength. With Dr Abbott around, and the extra work they’ve put into the sports science and conditioning department, I’m far more confident he’ll be effective, and more effective than Ahadme certainly, than if things were 12 months ago or later.
  • I guess in reality it's a G/A every 3 games as he can only do 30ish mins but that's still a great return. Would put him on about 15 G/A assists a season which is incredibly useful for a sub. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up bringing that mins per G/A number down this season too, he looks much more of a threat than in his (limited) appearances last season
  • Best impact sub since Garry Nelson, can’t understand why folk get fed up about him. 

As soon as we are behind or need to go up a gear - Chuks is your man. 
  • Sage said:

Chuks is better with his feet than his head. He does do pretty well at retaining the ball when we hoof it long to him, but I wish we’d try and work the ball to his feet more rather than just hitting long diagonals to his head. His link up play is excellent when he gets it deeper, and he can roll defenders easily and get shots off if you get it to him on the edge of the box. 
  • https://x.com/nozza_/status/1833128134528368780?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q

First Touch: 20
    Strength: 20
    Balance: 20

Got to be his ratings for FM25