Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    Plaaayer said:
    I personally think that they did make the decision to get rid of him after the game on Saturday, I think they’re just lining up whomever is going to replace him before they pull the trigger, after the amount of shit they got for not having a Holden replacement. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him gone before Saturdays game. 
    yeah agree with this, lining someone up as an instant replacement makes the most sense. Won't be someone in a job, but there are decent options out there 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If people are told things in good faith, and then share it, especially if they are told by multiple different sources, then its wrong to shoot the messenger. Let's face it, it wasn't just @DubaiCAFC who said he'd gone and didn't take training, others on here and elsewhere said the same! What transpired after all the reports, I haven't got a clue, I've never been ITK, but to me there's no smoke without fire. 
    Did the owners overule the SMT?, did MA refuse a mutual agreement? Or were the people who fed info to the different posters being used? I really don't have a clue, however I'm sure info shared was as accurate, at the time. 
    I do believe if he losses tonight his gone pronto!
    Not sure tonight's result will matter.. I wouldn't be surprised to see more than Appleton's head roll

Interesting, as a rumour I heard at the weekend was AS being overruled on Dobson and a better offer about to be given to him to keep him at the club. 

This would set a bad precedent. Why get a technical director in, just to overrule them anyway? Might as well go back to the Sandgaards if people with no football experience are handing out inflated contracts.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If people are told things in good faith, and then share it, especially if they are told by multiple different sources, then its wrong to shoot the messenger. Let's face it, it wasn't just @DubaiCAFC who said he'd gone and didn't take training, others on here and elsewhere said the same! What transpired after all the reports, I haven't got a clue, I've never been ITK, but to me there's no smoke without fire. 
    Did the owners overule the SMT?, did MA refuse a mutual agreement? Or were the people who fed info to the different posters being used? I really don't have a clue, however I'm sure info shared was as accurate, at the time. 
    Not sure tonight's result will matter.. I wouldn't be surprised to see more than Appleton's head roll

Interesting, as a rumour I heard at the weekend was AS being overruled on Dobson and a better offer about to be given to him to keep him at the club. 

This would set a bad precedent. Why get a technical director in, just to overrule them anyway? Might as well go back to the Sandgaards if people with no football experience are handing out inflated contracts.
    Because it's safe to say that, that very same Technical Director has made a few mistakes therefore he can be overruled and rightly so.
    It's not Andy Scott's club.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

So far, Scott has been as useful as a chocolate teapot.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    I personally think that they did make the decision to get rid of him after the game on Saturday, I think they’re just lining up whomever is going to replace him before they pull the trigger, after the amount of shit they got for not having a Holden replacement. 

But this is Charlton, so that’ll be the plan until we win 5-0 tonight, confusing things further.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Because it's safe to say that, that very same Technical Director has made a few mistakes therefore he can be overruled and rightly so.
    It's not Andy Scott's club.
    Sometimes the popular decisions aren’t the right ones to make progress.

If we want to continue on with George Dobson being paid as one of the best players at the club, I have very little faith that we’re getting out of this league any time soon.

Speaks volumes to me that he has no rumoured Championship or League One interest. He’s limited.
  • Options
    Hopefully they might have someone lined up before second half tonight. Would that be a first 2 different managers in one game. 
    Might be an idea that having a different manger in each half because our team plays like a different team in each half. Either shit first half and ok second half or shit second half and ok first. 
    But sometimes we are shit both halves
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

This window he hasn’t though, so hopefully he’s learning .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 23
    Rothko said:
    seth plum said:
    Thank goodness for a limited Dobson over the last couple of years because he has still been our most consistently best player.
    Must mean the others are even more limited.

The issue isn't that Dobson isn't good, but he's looked good in a team that's pretty much been on the back foot for 3 years, and fans will always love a midfielder who flies into tackles when the team is struggling. 

It's whether he's the right option for a team that's not a constant clown car
    When can I expect that team to appear, because... 
  • Options
    Dobson may well fly into tackles, but one thing he does more often is get his team mates out of trouble.
    Thats a major reason I like him, which other players have done the job of more than one man, Fraser?  Aneke? The closest team mate player I can think of in our squad is Thomas, and possibly Edun.
  • Options
    '
  • Options
    Dreading tonight, expecting another thoroughly depressing match.  I hope we can buck the trend and actually get a result, even though the thought of keeping MA is also something to be dreaded.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

This window he hasn’t though, so hopefully he’s learning .
    The first two were shockers, this one we need to see how the players perform.
    Also, rumours are he did not get on with Holden and relations with Appleton are iffy.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    seth plum said:
    Thank goodness for a limited Dobson over the last couple of years because he has still been our most consistently best player.
    Must mean the others are even more limited.

The issue isn't that Dobson isn't good, but he's looked good in a team that's pretty much been on the back foot for 3 years, and fans will always love a midfielder who flies into tackles when the team is struggling. 

It's whether he's the right option for a team that's not a constant clown car
    I think it makes sense to cross that bridge when we get to it, I for one am not looking forward to continuing this circus without Dobson. Let's fix the clown car bit before we start getting rid of our best players. 

People still talk about Ben Purrington and he's not half as good as George Dobson. 
  • Options
    It really feels like there is absolutely no way back from here for Appleton regardless of the next few results, can anyone think of any occasions where manager as been at this point so close to the brink then managed to turn it around and go to have success? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    It really feels like there is absolutely no way back from here for Appleton regardless of the next few results, can anyone think of any occasions where manager as been at this point so close to the brink then managed to turn it around and go to have success? 
    Fergie almost got fired in his first season at Man Utd
  • Options

Alex Ferguson

• Options
    edited January 23
  • Options

Alex Ferguson

This geezer is no Fergie. Btw any chance of the Covered End Choir singing a new song tonight - The Pretenders ‘Brass in pocket’ with lyrics changed to ‘hands in pocket’. Ok I’ll get my coat (useful as it’s going to be a bit cold tonight).
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

Alex Ferguson

This geezer is no Fergie. Btw any chance of the Covered End Choir singing a new song tonight - The Pretenders ‘Brass in pocket’ with lyrics changed to ‘hands in pocket’. Ok I’ll get my coat (useful as it’s going to be a bit cold tonight).
    This Fergie geezer is no Busby…

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Plaaayer said:

yeah agree with this, lining someone up as an instant replacement makes the most sense. Won't be someone in a job, but there are decent options out there 
    Do the SMT have the knowledge to do that?

Not think so.  Even if they did would you trust them? Don’t think so.