Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    I doubt Appleton is on a particularly good wage.
    Surely if the club want him gone it wouldn't cost that much to pay him off.
    Fuck knows what's going on. 
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    Just noticed this, “Flomsie” who appears to be CBT’s agent posted this on instagram a couple of days ago. For those who haven’t seen the video, the above bald man cries about losing his job. Now I’m no conspiracy theorist…
    He was posting that in response to Derby fans who had found his account and grabbed screenshots of him posting Corey in a Derby shirt before they'd officially announced it. Don't know why it would have anything to do with Appleton.
    Ah I see, well apologies then!
  • Options

I suspect the problem isn’t just getting rid of Appleton but the people who hired him and have sat back and watched the awful run of results. Explaining that to the ‘new’ owners as you say we’re going to need a bit more money to pay for a season that’s basically been wasted and by the way the team could get relegated might be a bit tricky 
  • Options

I suspect the problem isn’t just getting rid of Appleton but the people who hired him and have sat back and watched the awful run of results. Explaining that to the ‘new’ owners as you say we’re going to need a bit more money to pay for a season that’s basically been wasted and by the way the team could get relegated might be a bit tricky 
    It's a mess ain't it.
  • Options
    Why has @DubaiCAFC had to have been misled? Is it not a possibility that what he shared was absolutely correct?…at that time!
    There is so much more to this which may or may not ever come to light. 
    There is an equal possibility that what he shared is incorrect. We have now seen posters trying to justify posts that appeared yesterday with all sorts of reasons as to why Appleton is still in charge. No Football club would let a Manager, take the mornings training session, which he did, then hold a press conference yesterday, which unless they have found a perfect clone, God help us, was definitely him, if they wanted him out. A football club would at the very least place the Manager on gardening leave, not let him have a public forum at which a possibility to air greavences against his employers might be aired. 
    One other thing to remember is how many times have you heard a Manager slate a club that has dismissed him ? There may be something in their contract or final settlement that prevents them from doing so, but equally most Managers want to continue with a career in football and are loathe to be seen as problem employee and thus harming any future job prospects. 
  • Options
    Why has @DubaiCAFC had to have been misled? Is it not a possibility that what he shared was absolutely correct?…at that time!
    Well it can’t be correct - because Michael Appleton hasn’t “gone”. I don’t think Dubai fabricated this at all - I just think maybe his connection(s) didn’t have the full picture. 
  • Options
    se' that's probably as close to the truth as anything on here. That said, I have little sympathy with those running the club, remembering twelve months ago, the amount of misinformation that was placed in social media would certainly fan the flames of suspicion in the future. There is also the culture of silence at the club that was raised yesterday by Airman and AFKABartram, with Charlie boy a skilled manipulater of social media, and the subject of Appletons alleged non appearance at the mornings training session, being raised at the briefing, why the silence ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are no such thing as legal delays to a sacking in football, managers get sacked or placed on gardening leave, then the lawyers do their bit.  Something odd is happening but I doubt anybody knows what it is, even those involved. Maddest football club ever.
  • Options
    If people are told things in good faith, and then share it, especially if they are told by multiple different sources, then its wrong to shoot the messenger. Let's face it, it wasn't just @DubaiCAFC who said he'd gone and didn't take training, others on here and elsewhere said the same! What transpired after all the reports, I haven't got a clue, I've never been ITK, but to me there's no smoke without fire. 
    Did the owners overule the SMT?, did MA refuse a mutual agreement? Or were the people who fed info to the different posters being used? I really don't have a clue, however I'm sure info shared was as accurate, at the time. 
    I do believe if he losses tonight his gone pronto!
    I haven't seen anyone shooting the messenger. 

The club is being mismanaged. So many owners with a finger in the pot and a non convincing group running the day to day club stuff. What could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    Someone posted earlier that they reckon the money men said no as they don't want to pay the wages of three managers at one time.  I reckon this could have substance.

relationships must be at an all time low of we've sacked him and then reinstated him at the request/directions of the money men!

I don't know what's worse, sacking him and then telling him it's a misunderstanding or being sacked and going back to work the next day!!!

another day, another Charlton soap opera
    Not sure that’s correct they would come to an agreement to pay remaining months of contract .. not continuing to pay them .. there no way the club sacked him and asked him to come back that’s just ridiculous … plus this is only the second manager that they had to pay compensation to so it would not bother them that much if and when they decide it’s time .. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So a man who seems unable to motivate his players or instill any consistent drive, belief or desire into them will take charge for another game tonight.
    This against widespread social media declarations that he had been sacked, which no doubt he would be aware met with the general approval of a considerable portion of the fan base.
    This sacking has reportedly been botched leaving the situation in an unresolved mess.
    He will lead the team out in this must win game with at best at lack of support from the fan base and at worst outright hostility.
    Look away now.
    Can we actually sink any lower
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If people are told things in good faith, and then share it, especially if they are told by multiple different sources, then its wrong to shoot the messenger. Let's face it, it wasn't just @DubaiCAFC who said he'd gone and didn't take training, others on here and elsewhere said the same! What transpired after all the reports, I haven't got a clue, I've never been ITK, but to me there's no smoke without fire. 
    Did the owners overule the SMT?, did MA refuse a mutual agreement? Or were the people who fed info to the different posters being used? I really don't have a clue, however I'm sure info shared was as accurate, at the time. 
    I do believe if he losses tonight his gone pronto!
    Not sure tonight's result will matter.. I wouldn't be surprised to see more than Appleton's head roll
    And that should be the case.

I would hope that provided by this point there is still the appetite and cash to do anything about it, Scott has got a maximum of one more manager or one more transfer window to improve this football club and start delivering. Based on how his first 12 months of involvement has gone, he's pretty lucky to get that.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    se9addick said:
    Well it can’t be correct - because Michael Appleton hasn’t “gone”. I don’t think Dubai fabricated this at all - I just think maybe his connection(s) didn’t have the full picture. 
    I think this is the bi-product of Charlton’s convoluted structure. 

You’ve got god knows how many people with an ownership stake. Just because one of them offer a view and insight, doesn’t mean it will then be a carried finalisation. Same with the ‘UK management team’. Then chuck in all the usual ‘someone who works at the training ground / The Valley’, or knows a players dad, or X’s agent etc and you got so many potential messages out, which if they were correct about so and so signing in the past then get interpreted as everything they say is fact when that might not necessarily be the case. 

Yep, as I said yesterday probably only about two people (most likely in the US) really have the full picture of what’s going on and with the greatest respect they aren’t going to be telling people who will be putting it straight on the internet. 

I would guess that the previously reliable contacts of our verified “ITK” posters (which definitely includes Dubai) are now only partially in the know. 
  • Options
    they were not in long enough in the summer to do anything significant
  • Options
    Surely it can be the ‘board’ have decided he is gone but haven’t yet secured the successor. 

On that basis he may still get sacked this week regardless of tonight’s result. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    I think this is the bi-product of Charlton’s convoluted structure. 

You’ve got god knows how many people with an ownership stake. Just because one of them offer a view and insight, doesn’t mean it will then be a carried finalisation. Same with the ‘UK management team’. Then chuck in all the usual ‘someone who works at the training ground / The Valley’, or knows a players dad, or X’s agent etc and you got so many potential messages out, which if they were correct about so and so signing in the past then get interpreted as everything they say is fact when that might not necessarily be the case. 

Yep, as I said yesterday probably only about two people (most likely in the US) really have the full picture of what’s going on and with the greatest respect they aren’t going to be telling people who will be putting it straight on the internet. 

I would guess that the previously reliable contacts of our verified “ITK” posters (which definitely includes Dubai) are now only partially in the know. 
    two people in the US?? Who are they.. Last time I looked, our ownership model is more than 2 people in the US.. And if you are to believe the rumours on here they want and have little input.. 

Personally I still think he will be gone before the weekend, what ever the result. 
  • Options
    @DubaiCAFC is well connected so i have no doubt the information he was given was genuine,especially as he said it was verified by 4 different people. 

My guess is that something changed last minute , or the person making the decision to sack Appleton (presumably Scott) was overuled. 

It's all very strange, but I'd love to have been a fly on the wall yesterday. 

Just another mad day at Charlton athletic