Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• I can't even tell what the plan is supposed to be - what's our style of play, patterns etc? 

Never a good sign flailing around changing formations and personnel hoping to get lucky 
  • Deserves what he gets and he is being paid to produce results, then the chants will be aimed at the board, that sadly is how football works, MA is useless and should not be allowed to coach or manage these players as it is clearly not working! 
    Again wtf is going on at the training ground, put Pearce at the helm as a caretaker👍
  • jams said:
    I can't even tell what the plan is supposed to be - what's our style of play, patterns etc? 

Never a good sign flailing around changing formations and personnel hoping to get lucky 
    Exactly this. I’ve thought this for weeks now. I couldn’t tell you what style of play he’s even trying to achieve. 
  • There would be plenty of interest in managing CAFC - but whether they would be of the right quality is doubtful.
    However, my view is that Appleton should go with immediate effect. We have some challenging games on the immediate horizon, and MA appears completely out of his depth. We cannot afford for this dreadful run of results to continue.

• Next two games and no wins . Pleasure is  on 
    I think you meant pressure!
  • Has he gone yet 🙏.
  • ct_addick said:
    Ok we have 5 new players…..we played Burton off the park but gave up stupid goals…..too much tick tacky shit….shoot from outside the area and stick first time crosses in the box…..we are too good to go down…..willing to give Appleton a little while longer
    It’s the lack of attacking movement that drives me nuts. We knock it about in nice triangles without actually going forward, and 9/10 we then go long after keeping it for 5 minutes.

Said it before but our “wing backs” who offer nothing in attack or defence, kill us in this formation. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    ct_addick said:
    Ok we have 5 new players…..we played Burton off the park but gave up stupid goals…..too much tick tacky shit….shoot from outside the area and stick first time crosses in the box…..we are too good to go down…..willing to give Appleton a little while longer
    It’s the lack of attacking movement that drives me nuts. We knock it about in nice triangles without actually going forward, and 9/10 we then go long after keeping it for 5 minutes.

Said it before but our “wing backs” who offer nothing in attack or defence, kill us in this formation. 
     Edun has proven to be quite decent in attack, but neither are very good at defending. Kind of failed wingers and failed full backs.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 20
    J BLOCK said:
    ct_addick said:

100% about the wing backs. Edun has played more like what is required in the last two games but the jury is still out on him. We don't even need a jury for T Watson surely. He is too soft, offers very little offensively and even less defensively. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    ct_addick said:

Edun has proven to be quite decent in attack, but neither are very good at defending. Kind of failed wingers and failed full backs.
    Massively disagree 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Rumours starting now that we might see the Charlton flag tonight
    What does this even mean ?

Statement on the OS with the Corner flag picture 
  • Sponsored links:

• Alright Ronnie…
  • You get some good ones (you wish were still here), some bad ones (who may just have been here at the wrong time) and then you some ugly ones (bad management, zero interest in fan relationship and full of themselves).

So long ugly…
  • ct_addick said:
    You are wrong - he needs to go now 
  • Anyone thinking Appleton might be sacked within the next couple of weeks is going to be very disappointed. He’ll get until March at the least. 
  • PWR

there is no rationale or justification for him to be here. He has done absolutely zero, zilch in his time in here to suggest he is even remotely worthy of any role in football at all. There is no excuse for the results and performances with the players we have had available, and I’m talking about all season not just now we’ve had a few in 
  • Too much noise on here from those who have been reliable with rumours in the past for him to still be here come Tuesday night. 

Might even take a few days to be announced, whilst they confirm if its going to be Fleming or Pearce who takes the team in the meantime 
    Might have missed something. What noise exactly?👍 
  • Smithy said:
    Anyone thinking Appleton might be sacked within the next couple of weeks is going to be very disappointed. He’ll get until March at the least. 
    Sacked by the morning.