Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Duff got a Manager of the Month??? Wow, what is that? 
    Never gonna happen with this clueless fool.
    Get rid now, couldn't care less if he's considered a good coach as the results say otherwise
    We lose at Burton next week feelings will go nuclear. 
  • I guess that in the owners putting a bit of investment and talk of more, he’s going to get a shot.  

I was massively underwhelmed when he was appointed and it’s not even this run that worries me, it’s what he says.  He comes out with utter nonsense on his post match comments, and ultimately, I don’t respect him.  If I don’t respect him, I can’t imagine the players have much time for him.

If he gets a few results in the coming games, which is conceivable if we get a bit of bounce off the new signings, he’ll get next season.  If somehow this run goes on, it will give the owners a very tough decision to make 
  • Appleton's League record is now absolutely identical to Ben Garner's ie. P20 W5 D9 L6 Pts 24 - this notably excludes two abysmal FA Cup performances.  
    Right man for the job, or just a duff load of players?
  • Tactically poor in changing games. It was clear that Peterboroughs left back was an outlet in the first half but he continued with campbell too narrow.

This is a continuous theme with MA
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    CBT is injured.. wasn’t dropped!

Appleton will not be going anywhere, he will
    have this season and at least until November next year.. so I would just get behind him..

I think we will see a lot of improvements now 
    So what happens if we are relegated or are in real threat of it ? Will we stick by Appleton? Maybe put that to the board because they are dancing with death here. 
    We are not in threat.. I am extremely confident results will pick up now. The players that are in, and coming through the door, we will be okay. And then next season up there! 

This season is written off, and as I said a number of weeks ago, this window and the rest of the season is getting them on song for a real promotion chase. This window and the summer window has big budgets 
    The table does not lie, neither does current form.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    CBT is injured.. wasn’t dropped!

Appleton will not be going anywhere, he will
    have this season and at least until November next year.. so I would just get behind him..

I think we will see a lot of improvements now 
    So what happens if we are relegated or are in real threat of it ? Will we stick by Appleton? Maybe put that to the board because they are dancing with death here. 
    We are not in threat.. I am extremely confident results will pick up now. The players that are in, and coming through the door, we will be okay. And then next season up there! 

This season is written off, and as I said a number of weeks ago, this window and the rest of the season is getting them on song for a real promotion chase. This window and the summer window has big budgets 
    Maybe thus but what if he keeps getting it wrong. I really wish I had your confidence. The owners are backing up what they said with transfers. Just can’t see Appleton as our guy. 
    The transfers have to prove themselves, so not a given things will change overnight.

Bringing players into a struggling team is always hard.
  • Such big budget can't offer our best performers in a shite side decent money to stay and languish in the bottom half of the table with a shite manager and some dreams of new formations and Alfie may being the catalyst lol
  • Unlikely as it seems, but Appleton has really got into our heads, and almost feels us fans are being divided because of our views. 

The sense of frustration and anger is clear, I do not know who to trust at the club anymore!

If the players can try and put it right on the pitch over the next couple of games, then Appleton needs that opportunity!

We all have our opinions, and if it was ever put to a vote, i think the outcome would be inevitable, but I also admire loyalty of our fans, how long he remains in his role is questionable.
  • I've just read Appletons post match comments. What planet is he on ?
  • NabySarr said:
    It’s taken him months and he’s ruined our season, but finally second half today he put us in a 3-5-2 and it was the best we’ve looked for ages. Hopefully he keeps playing it, then I might be prepared to give him a bit longer (I have been Appleton out for ages). If we go 3-5-2 and build for that then I think that’s a good plan and I’d give him time, unless we keep losing 
    We cant really play a 3-5-2 with CBT in the team though. 

And for me, and why I keep banging on about it - it’s the biggest issue we have currently. Our squad is not fully suited to play a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2.

It feels like maybe we are buying players for a 3-5-2 especially with the money we are willing to spend on a striker. 

Guess we will see soon enough if that’s the way we are going. 

Good job he’s being sold then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• You can bring all the quality players you like to Charlton but with this idiot in charge we will lose more games than we will win. See yiu at Burton Mr Apples.
  • I’m finding it hard to connect with the manager, will be surprised if he’s here next season.
  • A head coach that has the players to pick from but fails to get results 

He has 20 games to turn that around
  • edited January 13
    Still think there’s nothing about him that is any worse than the last four managers we’ve had.

All went through bad runs of form. Appleton is lucky in that it appear that he’s the first of the bunch to finally be backed.

He’s obviously going to be here for AT LEAST the rest of this season and the early part of next so if you don’t like him, you’ll have to get used to it.
    Not obvious at all.
    If you’re coming at it from the perspective of wanting him gone, maybe so.

I’d say it is obvious. If they were going to get rid of him due to a bad run of form they’d have done it weeks ago when fans started calling for it.

They’re doing the exact opposite by backing him in the transfer market. That’s an obvious sign to me that he’s here until the end of the season.
  • It could be argued the clowns have been waiting for the window to open to get his players in.

However, IF we were to win one of our next ten my money says he'll be out of the door.
  • It could be argued the clowns have been waiting for the window to open to get his players in.

However, IF we were to win one of our next ten my money says he'll be out of the door.
    Extremely confident that’s not happening but even if it did, I think he keeps his job.