Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• edited January 13
    @DubaiCAFC
    Interesting comments about him getting it tactically wrong today. What was it particularly?
  • Appleton is a terrible manager who never should have been appointed but we do need to get our heads around the fact that he isn’t going anywhere for now. He’ll get a month or two with these players and if the results even moderately improve I would expect him to be in place next season unfortunately. But if we do sack him, who wants to join us? Nobody good. We’re in a shit situation all round. 
  • edited January 13
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    CBT is injured.. wasn’t dropped!

Appleton will not be going anywhere, he will
    have this season and at least until November next year.. so I would just get behind him..

I think we will see a lot of improvements now 
    Not seen anyone say CBT was dropped.

Hope you mean November this year? If so then November it is, but a waste of time and another season I'm afraid. Might as well bin him off now and be done with it.
    You need to give a manager a chance, with the players he wants, and be given the tools.. post January I will start to judge him
    Yeah let's just ignore a quarter of the season because a manager can't manage. 
    So is the probationary period for every manager, ignoring any past managerial experience, a quarter of a season?  Seems  short sighted to me as that's potentially 3 managerial changes during every season, as if we weren't already a laughing stock!

Maybe we shouldn't make permanent appointments, and have guest managers for blocks of games.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not confident Appleton is the man, but a quarter of a season is nothing in managerial terms. Players can be out injured for longer, and quite often ours are.
  • edited January 13
    DubaiCAFC said:

have this season and at least until November next year.. so I would just get behind him..

He won't be here much longer if we don't start winning.
  • edited January 13
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hope you mean November this year? If so then November it is, but a waste of time and another season I'm afraid. Might as well bin him off now and be done with it.
    You need to give a manager a chance, with the players he wants, and be given the tools.. post January I will start to judge him
    Mate, don’t know who you are, but you bore me with your constant negativity..And not allowing the owners a chance. Rome wasn’t built in a day..

Today is the only day for me, he has got tactically wrong, before this, we have had a depleted squad, with over hyper youngsters playing! 
     :D He's won 1 game in 11. And you think today is the only day he's been tactically wrong? Do you watch our games or just get told how well we play by your sources?  
    Issues before today has been the lack of players.. it hasn’t been great, and no one has said it has been.. but what’s the point of recruiting players for a manager then sacking them, then another manager comes in with a different ideas???

He needs a chance with what he wants, then judge..

And when we finish midtable and then start next season poorly we will have wasted millions on a manager that does not have the skills to get us promoted. 

Today is a prime example. He's got better players available, he loses the game because he puts them into the wrong set-up and we get dominated in the first half. This isn't the first time it's happened and it certainly won't be the last. Hasn't got a clue. 
    As I said, he got today wrong! Personally I wouldn’t have appointed him at the start, as I have said a number of times. But we have him now, and we need to give him the time and tools.. 

As Browny and Curbs said, these owners are in it for the long term, and they have the ambition to get us back, it isn’t an over night fix. But chopping and changing managers isn’t the answer
  • What's just as frustrating is he doesn't react early enough. Waiting until half time when it was plain to see nothing was working isn't good enough, we just ended up wasting a half. Though part of me was surprised he changed things then as he's so stubborn. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Mate, don’t know who you are, but you bore me with your constant negativity..And not allowing the owners a chance. Rome wasn’t built in a day..

Today is the only day for me, he has got tactically wrong, before this, we have had a depleted squad, with over hyper youngsters playing! 
     :D He's won 1 game in 11. And you think today is the only day he's been tactically wrong? Do you watch our games or just get told how well we play by your sources?  
    Issues before today has been the lack of players.. it hasn’t been great, and no one has said it has been.. but what’s the point of recruiting players for a manager then sacking them, then another manager comes in with a different ideas???

I thought the point was you recruit players for a system so that when you sign a new manager you get one that will play that same system so you don't constantly have a churn of players. That's what we've been told and hence why Holden went because he changed system.
    Holden went because things changed behind the scenes, training style and other things that was happening! 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

And when we finish midtable and then start next season poorly we will have wasted millions on a manager that does not have the skills to get us promoted. 

Today is a prime example. He's got better players available, he loses the game because he puts them into the wrong set-up and we get dominated in the first half. This isn't the first time it's happened and it certainly won't be the last. Hasn't got a clue. 
    As I said, he got today wrong! Personally I wouldn’t have appointed him at the start, as I have said a number of times. But we have him now, and we need to give him the time and tools.. 
    Is 
    As Browny and Curbs said, these owners are in it for the long term, and they have the ambition to get us back, it isn’t an over night fix. But chopping and changing managers isn’t the answer
    It is if he isn't the right man for the job. Admit they got it wrong and get the right person in now. It'll save them time and money in the long run.
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Is 
    It is if he isn't the right man for the job. Admit they got it wrong and get the right person in now. It'll save them time and money in the long run.
    Not going to happen, and they believe as a coach he is very good., also, he is good at up managing (hence the signings).. something that Holden failed to do.. 
  • supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I thought the point was you recruit players for a system so that when you sign a new manager you get one that will play that same system so you don't constantly have a churn of players. That's what we've been told and hence why Holden went because he changed system.
    Holden went because things changed behind the scenes, training style and other things that was happening! 
    You don't know this
    You're just telling us what you've been told
    Despite my concerns over the validity of some things you are told, I'm glad you do tell us.

Surely though, when it comes to tactics and set up, Appleton has seen how much better we, and Alfie May are when he has another central forward on the pitch?

Ideally Miles or Chuks but even with Kanu it's SO clear we're better. 

So why, with 1 win in 13, does he refuse to start a game in that set up?

It's very poor management. 
    Yes, I was told that, but from 3 different people, then you take note!

believe what you want, but it’s funny, soon as other people say stuff, you believe it.. 

agree May is better when someone along side him, but he had 2 alongside first half.. the issue was we was over run in the middle of the park! 
  • DubaiCAFC said:

So what happens if we are relegated or are in real threat of it ? Will we stick by Appleton? Maybe put that to the board because they are dancing with death here. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

So what happens if we are relegated or are in real threat of it ? Will we stick by Appleton? Maybe put that to the board because they are dancing with death here. 
    We are not in threat.. I am extremely confident results will pick up now. The players that are in, and coming through the door, we will be okay. And then next season up there! 

This season is written off, and as I said a number of weeks ago, this window and the rest of the season is getting them on song for a real promotion chase. This window and the summer window has big budgets 
    Maybe thus but what if he keeps getting it wrong. I really wish I had your confidence. The owners are backing up what they said with transfers. Just can’t see Appleton as our guy. 
  • The last time we won a game was 11 games ago…is there any other reason or statistic that counts ? 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

We are not in threat.. I am extremely confident results will pick up now. The players that are in, and coming through the door, we will be okay. And then next season up there! 

This season is written off, and as I said a number of weeks ago, this window and the rest of the season is getting them on song for a real promotion chase. This window and the summer window has big budgets 
    Maybe thus but what if he keeps getting it wrong. I really wish I had your confidence. The owners are backing up what they said with transfers. Just can’t see Appleton as our guy. 
    Get that with Appleton, and I wasn’t a fan of his appointment, but I have only heard good things about him since being at the club. Yes results are not great at the moment, but need to give him the tools, which he is getting. And to be honest, he is getting the best. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Are you really onboard with what appleton is doing? Im a fan of what the new owners are doing and how theyre conducting themself, but the guy is a proper clown
    Not overly onboard, wouldn’t have been my choice, but we have him, and need to give him the opportunity.. but the whole negativity towards him isn’t going to help.. bit like the whole negativity towards the owners before they had even started, or even earlier this week, should I say..

• DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Get that with Appleton, and I wasn’t a fan of his appointment, but I have only heard good things about him since being at the club. Yes results are not great at the moment, but need to give him the tools, which he is getting. And to be honest, he is getting the best. 
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

His appointment was abysmal . What if the run continues ? Surely they will have to do something because it’s not on. No chance we will get promoted under him.  Most of the fan base detests him already. There’s better options out there. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

You don't know this
    You're just telling us what you've been told
    Despite my concerns over the validity of some things you are told, I'm glad you do tell us.

Surely though, when it comes to tactics and set up, Appleton has seen how much better we, and Alfie May are when he has another central forward on the pitch?

Ideally Miles or Chuks but even with Kanu it's SO clear we're better. 

So why, with 1 win in 13, does he refuse to start a game in that set up?

It's very poor management. 
    Yes, I was told that, but from 3 different people, then you take note!

believe what you want, but it’s funny, soon as other people say stuff, you believe it.. 

agree May is better when someone along side him, but he had 2 alongside first half.. the issue was we was over run in the middle of the park! 
    I believe it when it's not being fed by Charlie Methven

Simple
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Are you really onboard with what appleton is doing? Im a fan of what the new owners are doing and how theyre conducting themself, but the guy is a proper clown
    Not overly onboard, wouldn’t have been my choice, but we have him, and need to give him the opportunity.. but the whole negativity towards him isn’t going to help.. bit like the whole negativity towards the owners before they had even started, or even earlier this week, should I say..

He has had the opportunity that he shouldnt have had in the first place, and is making a complete hash of it. Outside of Fraeye im not sure weve had anyone less tactically aware than him. Id genuinely rather have Guy Luzon in charge
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Is 
    Not going to happen, and they believe as a coach he is very good., also, he is good at up managing (hence the signings).. something that Holden failed to do.. 
    Being better than Holden isn't a reason to keep somebody who appears to not be up to the job.

I don't want us to be a merry go round any longer but I can't see anything he's doing that is going to be beneficial to us short, medium or long term.
  • They need to admit they got it wrong and get rid before it’s to late ,we lose the next 2 or 3 games is there still no chance of us going down ?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

A shame Scott didn't go with him.