Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Holden under pressure?

Comments

• Options
    I think he’ll survive to next Saturday. Fail to beat Fleetwood and I can’t see him surviving. God knows who we’ll get in next. 
  • Options
    I think he'll get one more game . If we don't win that then it's bye bye and deservedly so just for that first half formation ( Whatever it was ) and performance alone. 
  • Options
    He should be under pressure but he's Methven's man so he isn't. Tactically he seems to be getting so much wrong and the constant changes of formation can't help the team be organised in defence
  • Options
    If I'm Rowell or the only a minority investor in no way involved in the day to day Methven, I look at that, I look at the wages on the books and the fees spent this summer, and I don't know how I can keep Holden, even if I hired him in the first place.

As SD Addick, I would have Holden gone tonight. He's way out of his depth. Apart from seeming like a good guy, I can't identify a strength he brings as a manager. 

Holden Out for me. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    If I'm Rowell or the only a minority investor in no way involved in the day to day Methven, I look at that, I look at the wages on the books and the fees spent this summer, and I don't know how I can keep Holden, even if I hired him in the first place.

As SD Addick, I would have Holden gone tonight. He's way out of his depth. Apart from seeming like a good guy, I can't identify a strength he brings as a manager. 

Holden Out for me. 
    He’s building a culture though .. of losing 
  • Options
    Darren Moore’s available…
    He walked out on a lunatic and Championship football, he's not going backwards and have more hassle with owners.
  • Options
    Easy scapegoat to ignore what is happening upstairs. 

Yes he's doing poorly, but the main issues is our squad building and recruitment this summer. 

Friends with the gang of four thought so will be interesting to see how quickly they turn on him to save their own skin. 
    What is happening upstairs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes he's doing poorly, but the main issues is our squad building and recruitment this summer. 

Friends with the gang of four thought so will be interesting to see how quickly they turn on him to save their own skin. 
    Nothing, which is the point. 
  • Options

Scapegoat? Happy with how that first half played out?

Holden got it totally wrong and we were lucky to still be in the game at half time.
  • Options
    Gotta go if you ask me. In these situations it very rarely turns around for the better. 
  • Options
    Straight down the tunnel at full-time 
  • Options

Nothing, which is the point. 
    Ha, I thought I had missed something 
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Holden got it totally wrong and we were lucky to still be in the game at half time.
    The reason we're in the league position we are is because we're stuck relying on kids waiting for those perfect players that don't exist. 

Last 3 seasons we've started poorly, it's recruitment every single time. Why do other clubs manage to get a squad together ready for August but never us? 
  • Options

The reason we're in the league position we are is because we're stuck relying on kids waiting for those perfect players that don't exist. 

Last 3 seasons we've started poorly, it's recruitment every single time. Why do other clubs manage to get a squad together ready for August but never us? 
    If you don’t have the players, you set up to be hard to beat.

By contrast, we are consistently opened up and counter attacked with ease.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Last two seasons you are 100% spot on. This season has been a bit different because of the take over and they have a week to turn this around. However, I suspect that this time next week, you will be 100% right over 3 seasons
  • Options
    He is now under pressure.i still think we should stick by him
  • Options
    If you going to change the manager its got to be done before the window shuts
  • Options
    If we don't beat Fleetwood next week, he's surely gone
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Jac_52 said:

Friends with the gang of four though so will be interesting to see how quickly they turn on him to save their own skin. 
    Bullshit. You saying you'd be happy if Charlie walked through the door got rid of every single one of our players and replaced them with the port vale team? They beat us with a far worse team on an individual basis because they are properly coached to a system that works for them. Holden is out of excuses as far as I'm concerned.
    We had 5 players under the age of 22 starting today. 

Players can be worse and win with experience. We have zero because we haven't recruited any leaders. 
  • Options
    not sure replacing him would do much you cant polish a turd and we havent been backed in the window enough

Chris wilder
    &
    Darren moore

would be my top picks if we did though

• Options
    The thing I'm really concerned about with him is he just clearly doesn't know how to put a defence together. It doesn't matter how good your attackers are if you keep conceding, promotion squads are built on strong defences. Going back to last season Holden's teams seem to make the same mistakes over and over and he doesn't know how to fix it. I was willing to give him time to change the shape to one he was more comfortable with but the defence looks even more lost playing 3 at the back and he's given up on it repeatedly. Countless different formations and overplaying kids. Sure he could do with more players but he also couldn't be doing much worse with what he's got. I honestly feel like if we got a top quality right back, creative midfielder, centre back and striker in tomorrow not that much would change and that does worry me
  • Options
    If we were still making occasional errors during games it would be excusable with a young and unbalanced squad. But we're making the same mistakes over and over with no alternative plan.

The squad is not great but it's not as bad as results suggest.