Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale: Saturday 19th August 2023: KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Blackett-Taylor has to get the ball out of his feet there… not a foul
    On replay, he gets the man first. It’s a foul and a red card.

So frustrating from CBT though. Only reason the defender had a chance at the ball was because he couldn’t get the ball out of his feet.
  • Options
    Ref ain't got much choice but to book every other c*** now
  • Options
    Another red card not given, not even a free kick for a cynical foul on CBT when clear through, bloody useless ref and lino in this case
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Wrexham 1-4
    Got to laugh at that🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    I mean CBT should have put the burners on and been clear of his man, but still a red imo.
  • Options
    Can see why the ref didn't give it in real time as I wasn't sure either, but that is a foul on the last man.
  • Options
    Port vale corner, soft headed down effort at brewers feet. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hmmm.

This ref is a bit biased. That was straight through the back of CBT.
    I didnt think it was a foul in real time. Definitely was looking at the replay
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Ojo looked to tread om CBT's heel the went through the side to get the ball. Should probably have been a red card. Referee gives nothing. You could tell from the way CBT fell that it was a foul, even if you weren't up with play. 
  • Options
    I can see why the ref didn’t give it - I didn’t think it was a foul until we got the replay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Gills winning 0-1 after Crawley missed a penalty
    Rich Crawley? Should stick to being a journo. 

• Options
    Corner to Charlton ... but then a Vale player goes down in the box off the ball ...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    In the top half as it stands....
  • Options
    Ref making up for pen
  • Options
    Charlton on 3-1 yellow cards
  • Options
    There'll be a red in this I reckon
  • Options
    1. 41'

Post update

Attempt saved. Nathan Smith (Port Vale) header from the left side of the six yard box is saved.

2. 40'

Post update

Corner, Port Vale. Conceded by Karoy Anderson.

• Options
    At this rate May might be suspended before Leaburn is fit.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Charlton on 3-1 yellow cards
    Will take that if it ends up the final score too.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Slightly concerned with the amount of cards we seem to pick up this season (whether it’s unnecessary from us or the new rules), considering the poor quality back ups we have for first 11. Can’t afford to have too many suspensions. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will not win with just one goal ... famous last words
  • Options

So frustrating from CBT though. Only reason the defender had a chance at the ball was because he couldn’t get the ball out of his feet.
    I think that's very harsh, the ball is at his feet and he's using his body to shield the ball so the defender has to go through him to get the ball. And that's what happened. You can't blame CBT for a foul that he looked to draw not being given. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    There'll be a red in this I reckon
    Thinking the same
  • Options
    45 seconds to take a throw in, is it not allowed to be time wasting if you're behind?
  • Options
    1. 42'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Tom Sang.

• Options
    Our set-piece takers are so terrible
  • Options
    Referee is not having the best afternoon let’s say
  • Options
    Lol referee having a shocker. I'm not a big pick on the refs guy, but this one is noticeably very bad. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    We will not win with just one goal ... famous last words
    Just saying what we're all thinking...
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I think that's very harsh, the ball is at his feet and he's using his body to shield the ball so the defender has to go through him to get the ball. And that's what happened. You can't blame CBT for a foul that he looked to draw not being given. 
    If he had controlled it properly the bloke wouldn't have even got close to him. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!