Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale: Saturday 19th August 2023: KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    At this rate May might be suspended before Leaburn is fit.
    All 3 cards for back chatting the ref.

Do you know, Golfie .....for the 1st time ever, I may have to agree with you?

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Blackett-Taylor has to get the ball out of his feet there… not a foul
    On replay, he gets the man first. It’s a foul and a red card.

So frustrating from CBT though. Only reason the defender had a chance at the ball was because he couldn’t get the ball out of his feet.
    I think that's very harsh, the ball is at his feet and he's using his body to shield the ball so the defender has to go through him to get the ball. And that's what happened. You can't blame CBT for a foul that he looked to draw not being given. 
    Surely he’s more focused on trying to rush the keeper, not win a foul… I think that’s very generous to assume he was trying to invite that contact.
  • Options
    2 time wasting yellows and 3 minutes added
  • Options
    S'Charlton init?  We all know this will happen...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    All 3 cards for back chatting the ref.

Do you know, Golfie .....for the 1st time ever, I may have to agree with you?

At least one was for "time-wasting"
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Two arms round Anderson literally hugging him so he can't move... no foul again. 
    Looking for a late call-up for the RWC?
  • Options
    1. 45'+1'

Post update

George Dobson (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 45'+1'

Post update

Foul by Funso Ojo (Port Vale).

• Options
    Another red card not given, not even a free kick for a cynical foul on CBT when clear through, bloody useless ref and lino in this case
    Trust me the one I saw last night will beat anything that happens today.
    2 pens given not one was a foul.
    Booked both managers.
    Took both teams of pitch for 20mins due to water or beer being thrown after away team 
    Scores. Then books scorer when teams come back on for incident that happened 20 minutes earlier.
  • Options
    Reading 1-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    SDAddick said:

So frustrating from CBT though. Only reason the defender had a chance at the ball was because he couldn’t get the ball out of his feet.
    I think that's very harsh, the ball is at his feet and he's using his body to shield the ball so the defender has to go through him to get the ball. And that's what happened. You can't blame CBT for a foul that he looked to draw not being given. 
    Surely he’s more focused on trying to rush the keeper, not win a foul… I think that’s very generous to assume he was trying to invite that contact.
    I don't think he's inviting the contact but as the angle narrows as you get closer to goal he's trying to keep the defender from intervening so it's just him and the keeper so the defensed can't get a block in when he goes to shoot.

Yes the first touch or two could have been better, but once he gets where he is I think he does what you would want bearing down on goal with a defender behind him. 
  • Options
    The ref is worse then his dad, and he was fucking terrible 
  • Options
    Good half. Great going forward, CBT especially. Poor defensively. Port Vale the worst we've had here for ages 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    HT 1-0
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:

I don't think he's inviting the contact but as the angle narrows as you get closer to goal he's trying to keep the defender from intervening so it's just him and the keeper. 
    But his pace should do that job for him. It’s not as if the defender was going to catch up if he just pushed the ball 5-10 yards ahead of himself.
  • Options
    1. 45'+2'

Post update

Attempt missed. James Wilson (Port Vale) left footed shot from outside the box.

2. 45'+2'

Post update

Foul by Lloyd Jones (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Ref is an utter turd. Has to be a red card on the way...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:

I don't think he's inviting the contact but as the angle narrows as you get closer to goal he's trying to keep the defender from intervening so it's just him and the keeper. 
    But his pace should do that job for him. It’s not as if the defender was going to catch up if he just pushed the ball 5-10 yards ahead of himself.
    But the keeper might. Okay let me watch the replay at halftime. Maybe I've missed something. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fairplay think we have played well and been threatening 

same again after the break please there are more goals for us here port vale are poor!
  • Options
    HT 1-0 after a May pen...but this is more about the useless ref...and stupid time wasting law, anyway more to come from us second half and towards The Covered End, would be great to see Alfie get his first in open play at that end...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Brown says not a penalty, but should’ve been a foul outside the area for pulling back Kanu beforehand.
  • Options
    Ref is an utter turd. Has to be a red card on the way...
    Can you send the ref off?
  • Options
    Ref has been dreadful but he is the reason we're winning so won't be too harsh on him just yet. 
  • Options
    For me that’s been our worst performance of the season, although we have not been to bad. Really missing Fraser/Camera in the middle of the park, we are just so one paced in there. 

Think we will get another goal though.

Lets not talk about the ref. 

• Options
    Curbs thinks the cbt one is a penalty 🤣

I'd say if the ball rolls in the opposite direction when the player makes contact then the ref gives a red but because he comes away with the ball he let's it go. Went through the back of him though before getting the ball so should be a red.
  • Options
    FFS Brownie, how can you blame CBT for not pushing the ball far enough forward on that clear foul, the guy just took him out and should be off, don't blame CBT for being fouled...ludicrous comment..
  • Options
    Two big decisions, and the ref got both wrong 
  • Options
    Only one team in it and that's us, Port vale are awful. CBT the usual attacking threat. Edun got some nice outballs 

The pen, said it earlier think it's generous, the challenge on CBT towards the end was worse imo but, meh we'll take it.

On the ref, massively inconsistent and not bias at all whatever people may think just... Not good enough...looking at the decisions where nothing was given.... I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and think he's trying to call them as 50/50 bit of tussling. 

Biggest danger is losing someone to a second yellow for time wasting 😂
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!