Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale: Saturday 19th August 2023: KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Crossbar challenge...guy hits the post..give him the money, at least he hit the woodwork...🙄
  • edited August 2023
    Ref gives a soft pen then makes up for it for the rest of the half. Kanu looking good, not being bullied.
    We will need to score again to win this game.
    Not sure what Taylor is meant to be. Has a touch of the Mc Grandles about him.
  • For me that’s been our worst performance of the season, although we have not been to bad. Really missing Fraser/Camera in the middle of the park, we are just so one paced in there. 

Think we will get another goal though.

Lets not talk about the ref. 

Disagree about the midfield, I'd rather have these 3 being combative and energetic without being too marauding, especially the way we've been conceding goals this season so far. 

Swap Kanu for Campbell and we might have stumbled across our most balanced Starting XI so far
  • FFS Brownie, how can you blame CBT for not pushing the ball far enough forward on that clear foul, the guy just took him out and should be off, don't blame CBT for being fouled...ludicrous comment..

He’s not wrong though. CBT is clean through if he controlled the ball properly
  • Brownie saying it werent a red, even after seeing replay in slow motion.

Player clearly takes CBT out, then comes away with the ball, which is obviousy nothing like playing the ball in the first place. Ref bought it though
  • sam3110 said:
    For me that’s been our worst performance of the season, although we have not been to bad. Really missing Fraser/Camera in the middle of the park, we are just so one paced in there. 

Disagree about the midfield, I'd rather have these 3 being combative and energetic without being too marauding, especially the way we've been conceding goals this season so far. 

Swap Kanu for Campbell and we might have stumbled across our most balanced Starting XI so far
    Is Kanu playing  wide ? 
  • FFS Brownie, how can you blame CBT for not pushing the ball far enough forward on that clear foul, the guy just took him out and should be off, don't blame CBT for being fouled...ludicrous comment..

Brownie is going to Brownie.

Callumcafc and Cafc43v3r to your points, his second touch could definitely be better and he could push the ball out further which would make it harder for Ojo to close. But it's still a foul, and to Brownie's point if you give that foul you have to give a red. It's a clear goal scoring opportunity. It's hard for me to blame CBT for getting fouled. 
  • Forget the ref who is crap - we should be at least 3 up but as usual we overplay it or chose the wrong ball and we don't look very solid at the back. Also our set pieces are sinking to new lows.

So it was CBT's fault...give over😫
  • Sponsored links:

• Only one team in it and that's us, Port vale are awful. CBT the usual attacking threat. Edun got some nice outballs 

The pen, said it earlier think it's generous, the challenge on CBT towards the end was worse imo but, meh we'll take it.

On the ref, massively inconsistent and not bias at all whatever people may think just... Not good enough...looking at the decisions where nothing was given.... I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and think he's trying to call them as 50/50 bit of tussling. 

Biggest danger is losing someone to a second yellow for time wasting 😂
    Yeah I don't think he's biased I think he's bad. He has missed two big calls, one against each side. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    sam3110 said:
    For me that’s been our worst performance of the season, although we have not been to bad. Really missing Fraser/Camera in the middle of the park, we are just so one paced in there. 

Is Kanu playing  wide ? 
    Inside right I'd say
  • Two big decisions, and the ref got both wrong 
    Sums it all up perfectly.

So it was CBT's fault...give over😫
    Didn’t say that, it was a foul and a sending off.

I’m frustrated because I’d rather have the 1v1 chance for a two goal lead over a red card. Corey had that chance and he fluffed it.
  • edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    sam3110 said:

Is Kanu playing  wide ? 
    Inside right I'd say
    And he and Alfie are interchanging when in possession, so it almost becomes a lopsided 4-4-2 in possession and a 4-1-4-1 out of it. Asiimwe providing all of the width on the right. 
  • Carbon copy performance so far.
    Some slick passing
    Panics at the back.
    Zero clean shots on goal bar the penalty.

• That Brownie comment about CBT, he said the same Tuesday when May was taken out, they were both fouls and blaming the player for not getting further forward is just stupid..they were both red cards
  • Ref gets a rousing reception as he emerges from the tunnel for the second half
  • Pre match I said 1-1

Wouldn't surprise if it finishes that way. Usual CAFC is to not finish chances & then let in a scrappy equaliser. 
  • Good for 20 minutes, and then the silly mistakes crept in. The overhit Edun pass to CBT from the free kick, Dobbo not shooting from just outside the box and putting the ball out for a goal kick… and a few others. 
    Need that second goal to calm the nerves. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fancy a nice early 2nd half goal 
  • That Brownie comment about CBT, he said the same Tuesday when May was taken out, they were both fouls and blaming the player for not getting further forward is just stupid..they were both red cards
    I can only speak for myself but thinking that way only comes from a place of wanting the team to play better. I’m frustrated because we’re in League One and it’s the little things that can take us from being a mid table side towards promotion.

Should they have both been sending offs? I believe so. But if our player was a bit better in the moment, the ref wouldn’t have even had a decision to make in either case.
  • Langstaff scores his second.

How many more does he have to score before someone takes note.  
  • Gribbo said:
    Fancy a nice early 2nd half goal 
    But who for Chris Kamara?
  • Carbon copy performance so far.
    Some slick passing
    Panics at the back.
    Zero clean shots on goal bar the penalty.

What about the CBT effort cleared off the line then?
  • Looked like another possible pen for the holding of Kanu's arm there
  • Langstaff scores his second.

How many more does he have to score before someone takes note.  
    First two goals of the season, pretty anonymous up until today.
  • We spend the first minute in their box, just can't get it into a shooting opportunity 
  • Second half
  • Vale corner, and hector gets last touch out, they have another 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!