Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic Vs Leyton Orient: Saturday 5th August 2023: KO 3.00pm

Comments

• Options
    Very comfortable win..shoukd have been more both Campbell and Camera should have scored easy chances.. Think 3-0 would have shown how much we controlled the game .MOM Jones looks a real player , disappointing Ness his passing was awful 
    But a win a win.. We know we have few more gears to go through unfortunately don't think Orient have 
  • Options
    Dobbo outstanding. 
    Spilt Apres Sun on my cagoule.
    Otherwise a very encouraging start to our promotion season.
  • Options
    Should be a strong side on Tuesday, as we have several of our new signings needing minutes.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that. Good crowd and the signings all impressed. Camara looks different class even excusing the horrendous miss …. He’s got to start from here. Like others I suspect Dobson, Camara, Anderson and Taylor will start a lot of games for us. Fraser adds to the midfield numbers where the squad looks strong.

Edun looks a great addition. Jones over Inniss as well from this early look. Also Thomas cements his place as one of the most underrated players in our squad.

May without Leaburn is not the player we will end up with….. as soon as he gets a player who can hold it up and win the balls to play on to him he won’t have to constantly try to best the offside trap chasing over the top balls.

So really pleasing - Dobson, Camara, CBT big positives. 
    Spot on, as you often are 👍
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    sam3110 said:
    swordfish said:
    sam3110 said:
    Got the job done, not much more than that. Big improvement needed against better opposition, we need to actually take chances that are handed to us, if they equalised after the Camara miss, I'd be absolutely fucking livid, as it would have been criminal. 

Desperately need a striker and we need the back 3 to work out how not to look so open when a team breaks against us
    We literally have no idea how Orient rate as opposition, but we have beaten them. That's all that matters 
    They've just got promoted to our division and haven't spent a load of money on players, I think it's quite safe to assume that they're not going to be the best team we play at The Valley this season
    Luton Town are in the Premier League.
    And? Absolutely fuck all to do with Orient buddy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New season, first game win, no goals conceded. We are yet to finalise the squad and are unlikely to have before late August.

So as work in progress it was a good work out. A lot of work to be done on timing of runs, passing long range, defending but so far all in the right direction.

• Options
    Will take 3 points and a clean sheet any day of the week, especially given how poor we were last week v Aberdeen.

If we win our home games we'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season and with our early run of games at the Valley i'd like to think we can get a run going.
  • Options
    Good professional performance and they did not have a shot in anger.
    Pleased to see our fitness levels so much better than the opposition for a change.
    Love Camara and our youth players. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    swordfish said:
    sam3110 said:
    swordfish said:
    sam3110 said:
    Got the job done, not much more than that. Big improvement needed against better opposition, we need to actually take chances that are handed to us, if they equalised after the Camara miss, I'd be absolutely fucking livid, as it would have been criminal. 

Desperately need a striker and we need the back 3 to work out how not to look so open when a team breaks against us
    We literally have no idea how Orient rate as opposition, but we have beaten them. That's all that matters 
    They've just got promoted to our division and haven't spent a load of money on players, I think it's quite safe to assume that they're not going to be the best team we play at The Valley this season
    Luton Town are in the Premier League.
    And? Absolutely fuck all to do with Orient buddy
    Can't judge how teams will go this early.
  • Options
    Dobbo  - superb
    Elvis  - brilliant
    Tupac -  great stuff
    Kirk - waste of space. 
    Elvis??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Dobbo  - superb
    Elvis  - brilliant
    Tupac -  great stuff
    Kirk - waste of space. 
    Elvis??
    Yeah he was a good singer Ali
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The Charlie Kirk negativity is getting boring now.

he was only on for ten minutes and short of choosing not to shoot from his own half I can’t see what he did wrong.
    He did have that air shot on the edge of their box, but didn't do much wrong other than that
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    "Our supporters were tremendous," says their manager. "Away end was amazing today," says Orient Twitterer. Am I losing my hearing? I didn't hear a peep out of their support all game. 
    Bearing in mind how good the acoustics are in that stand, their support was very quiet today 
  • Options
    Good to get the 3pts but let's not get carried away.
    The defense still looks shake and except for their lack of an inform striker it could have been 2-2.
    There ball over mid field got us into trouble to frequently. We added to the problems by our poor passing in which we gave them the ball in dangerous areas including AMB's role oa ut.
    I agree with trying the long balls to Alfie May but we must learn to be far more accurate with them.
    A better team would have taken us tothe cleaners.
  • Options
    Posting without reading

not Entirely convincing win but a tricky fixture against a solid men behind the ball just up team. Feel there is more to come from us hopefully and 3 points so they’re the main things.

- not particularly impressed with Jones who looked nervous in possession and positionally (not used to 3 at the back?)
    - Thomas impressed me overall
    - the 3 at the back needs finessing, also not sure with ness at the middle of it, feel the central one needs to be a real confident leader which is maybe ahead of ness at the minute
    - liked CBT - our main threat
    - liked May, a few good touches and good movement. Caught offside loads but in a way I liked that, the fact we have a striker playing on the shoulder and it only takes 1 or 2 to be on… stockley never got caught offside in the centre circle!
    - thought campbell and Anderson both started well but faded 
    - camara looked class when he came on 
    - also liked the look of Edun from his brief appearance