Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic Vs Leyton Orient: Saturday 5th August 2023: KO 3.00pm

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Only followed on Twitter. Delighted we held on. Predicted a 1-1 draw, as didn’t think we had enough attacking depth to change the game from the bench. Looking forward to reading the comments. COYR.

• Options
    Not the greatest performance but getting off to a winning start feels good. Hopefully there’s more to come once our new signings are able to make
    more of an impact. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    It felt reasonably comfortable in so far as a one nil can be. Stand out performances were CBT and Dobbo for me and May just behind. Can't pick out any poor performances though. We do need somebody to play up top with May. Camara looked very good when he came on but should have scored.
  • Options
    Great to start with a win. Camera looked mustard when he came on. I thought Anderson struggled, trying too hard? Still wasn't bad but Assimwe pick of the young lads.

• Options
    Getting a result with a makeshift defence, midfield and strike partnership isn't to be sniffed at. Nowhere near a promotion performance but there were enough positives, especially from the bench to give us hope for the season.
  • Options
    Looked okay but made hard work of beating Orient. We can only improve.

May was everywhere - full of energy. Will be a handful for opponents.

Defence still looks a bit iffy...
  • Options
    Good to win a local derby.
    Good to win 1st match of the season.
    3 points is a bonus with new players and young players trying to blend.

Sandgaard has gone and another new era gets off to a winning start.
  • Options
    Camara looked good but don't let that cameo gloss over the lads that got us to a winning position. 

CL has a habit of finding a hero and focusing on them almost obsessively. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    swordfish said:
    sam3110 said:
    Got the job done, not much more than that. Big improvement needed against better opposition, we need to actually take chances that are handed to us, if they equalised after the Camara miss, I'd be absolutely fucking livid, as it would have been criminal. 

Desperately need a striker and we need the back 3 to work out how not to look so open when a team breaks against us
    We literally have no idea how Orient rate as opposition, but we have beaten them. That's all that matters 
    They've just got promoted to our division and haven't spent a load of money on players, I think it's quite safe to assume that they're not going to be the best team we play at The Valley this season
    Luton Town are in the Premier League.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Their manager says he’s pleased with how they played against us and expects we’ll be in the top four or five this season.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Good game overall. Youngsters looked lively but showed that lack of experience at times which is to be expected.
    Massive game for Orient in the circumstances so happy to chalk that one off and move on. We were time wasting a bit too much for my liking. Would have hoped we could have got the job done a bit more convincingly

Was May really offside that many times??
    Is he just too quick for your average league one linesman?
    Camara looks mustard,apart from his finishing!

Can Ness swap his 3 Wood boots for the 9 iron ones next time!

Really hard to judge on a first outing. When we are under the cosh and losing will tell us more.
    I think we look more steely, so should be ok. Especially if we get a few back/add a couple more.

• Options
    May reminds me of Lyle Taylor, chasing down everything, he will be a popular player come the end of the season. We got the job done today, I felt we controlled things and never really looked like conceding. Solid start.
  • Options
    Dobbo  - superb
    Elvis  - brilliant
    Tupac -  great stuff
    Kirk - waste of space. 
  • Options
    What happened to prediction that the match would not last 90mins due to the heavy rain and violent thunder storms. game finished in glorious sunshine to go with the mood of the 15000 charlton fans who ignored the weather forcast.
  • Options
    very rare goal from Capn George .. good start to the season against committed opponents .. new blood blooded .. all very good and may it continue to next easter