Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott Appointed Technical Director

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Andy Scott has proved to be utterly useless. One of the problems is that he has a perception that players who cant get in Championship sides must be good enough for league 1. When we signed Edun - my Blackburn supporting mate said he was useless. When we signed Bakinson from bottom of the Championship Sheffield Weds, my mate who is supporter had never heard of him. Gillesphey & Ladapo don’t look good enough and nor does REG. Coventry is OK but we didn’t need him because we had George in that position. 
    The only bright spark in my book is that my Harrogate supporting mate texted me immediately to say that Ramsey was their best player. He’s the guy who has not started yet because T Watson is playing there ? 
    Not saying he is a good signing, but your mate can't be a very big Wednesday fan. He played 26 times in a promotion season
    I suggest you check his stats. A huge majority of those performances were from the bench. And lots of times he never even got off it.
  • Options
    Hope you're correct. C_E_L
  • Options
    Song for Tuesday.

"Andy Scott. Off yer trot""
    He aint got a clue ... 
  • Options
    Can we not! As much as we don’t like the fella.

We need to stay up!!! We need to get behind the team, rather than singing verbals at someone who’s closer to being out in the summer, than someone who’s already “signed” a contract to go. 

This is not the time for negativity and a toxic valley!
    The point is...well actually what is the point of him now the window has shut?
     Might as well pop one his cannister now and find someone who is capable of doing the job properly ready for the summer
  • Options
    Can we not! As much as we don’t like the fella.

We need to stay up!!! We need to get behind the team, rather than singing verbals at someone who’s closer to being out in the summer, than someone who’s already “signed” a contract to go. 

This is not the time for negativity and a toxic valley!
    Dobson is leaving in the summer and you’re saying Scott is closer to being out in the summer than that? How does that work?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phil Chapple

Was head of recruitment when Powell and the club built the 2012 league 1 winning team.

Was at Charlton when both Hart and Jones was here.

Worked at Fulham, Brighton and briefly at Stoke when Jones was there.

Now working for Luton. Not sure if he was also there alongside Jones.

Played 167 times for Charlton.

I suggest he'd be a better fit for head of recruitment than Andy Scott although I know Scott's role is wider than that.

He was:

The question is, would he want to leave Luton to come to a club struggling at the bottom of League One? I'd love to have him back.
  • Options
    Phil Chapple

Was head of recruitment when Powell and the club built the 2012 league 1 winning team.

I suggest he'd be a better fit for head of recruitment than Andy Scott although I know Scott's role is wider than that.

He ain’t leaving Luton for Charlton. 
  • Options
    I’m not sure the individuals signed are the main issue with Scott. Whilst they have been poor, most came with good reputation and the mood music on here was there was a step up in quality. 

I think the incompetence lies in 1) the balance of the squad, particularly the missing pieces like a proper number 9, which makes things really difficult for decent players, like Coventry or LWat 2) the belief that we can completely restructure our squad mid season and 3) related, bringing in players from the league above, who’ve just been promoted out of this league, and thinking they’ll be arsed enough to come into the team and be an instant ‘leader’. The Powell squad was full of players who seemed chuffed to be here, or had a point to prove. Alfie May was our best signing and he felt coming to charlton was an honour and privilege. 
  • Options
    Phil Chapple

He ain’t leaving Luton for Charlton. 
    Probably not but he's not Technical Director at Luton.

A bigger role at a smaller lower ranked club might tempt.
    If you don't ask......
  • Options
    Is Scott due at any upcoming fans group meetings in the next couple of weeks?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    All cancelled.
  • Options
    edited February 12
    Gribbo said:
    There is only one group that has live meetings and we had him in December.
  • Options
    edited February 12
    Ain't Got a Clue - The Lurkers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZKWffik1FE
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Stevenage head of recruitment is a friend of a friend - he has absolutely smashed it on very tight budget - he lives in bexleyheath - just saying 
    The man that was responsible for recruiting Piergianni at Stevenage, would be more than welcome at Charlton for me. 

I'd rather centre backs/defenders that can actually keep a clean sheet, and not be total pussies, than some centre backs that apparently are just really good at passing? Load of good that's done us so far. 

It's absolutely ridiculous that we had a whole window to get a no nonsense centre back to increase our chances of getting some clean sheets, and we hired soft players as per. 

Is it really that hard to find a player like Innis, that has a bit of discipline about him. I wasn't Jason Pearces biggest fan but we are crying out for a player like that, he'd absolutely walk into this team. 
    Innis definitely gave us a steel that’s rarely been seen. But don’t forget the dreadful injury and disciplinary record, he was often unavailable. But you are right about Pearce and hard to believe we had someone as good as Patrick Bauer playing for us in League One.
  • Options
    edited February 12
    DOUCHER said:
    Stevenage head of recruitment is a friend of a friend - he has absolutely smashed it on very tight budget - he lives in bexleyheath - just saying 
    The man that was responsible for recruiting Piergianni at Stevenage, would be more than welcome at Charlton for me. 

I'd rather centre backs/defenders that can actually keep a clean sheet, and not be total pussies, than some centre backs that apparently are just really good at passing? Load of good that's done us so far. 

It's absolutely ridiculous that we had a whole window to get a no nonsense centre back to increase our chances of getting some clean sheets, and we hired soft players as per. 

Is it really that hard to find a player like Innis, that has a bit of discipline about him. I wasn't Jason Pearces biggest fan but we are crying out for a player like that, he'd absolutely walk into this team. 
    Innis definitely gave us a steel that’s rarely been seen. But don’t forget the dreadful injury and disciplinary record, he was often unavailable. But you are right about Pearce and hard to believe we had someone as good as Patrick Bauer playing for us in League One.
    There was a spell, before injury where Innis was terrific for us. Offensively, he added to our threat from set pieces. Surprisingly for such a big man, he wasn't a great headerer of the ball, but he did provide a bit of chaos to increase our potency. I always think regarding centre halves, if you are playing two of them, at least one needs to be a leader and one needs to be a goal threat. It can be the same one of course. If you are playing three, at least one needs to be a leader and two need to be a goal threat.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    New England Tea Men - April 1978
    Flanagan,Powell and Orient .

We got very lucky that season.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    New England Tea Men - April 1978
    Flanagan,Powell and Orient .

We got very lucky that season.
    Not forgetting Lawrie Abrahams as well