Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott Appointed Technical Director

Comments

• Options
    3 transfer windows. Utter garbage each one.  He has done what he did at Forest, scatter gun tons of signings.  All this shit of wanting Championship ready players and 5 of the 9 bought in couldn't get a start in a team who started the day 6th bottom of L1.

Bakinson is a bit of muscle with no ability; Ladapo is a big slow lump which is exactly how he was described to me by a couple of stalwart Ipswich fans; Gillesphey is a total liability and Coventry is a non entity based on today's game and they are the pick of the bunch. It's extraordinary incompetence by Scott.

He promised to put his hands up if he got it wrong; instead he has gone into hiding much like Edun did in today's game.
    Bakinson was excellent today so was Coventry , Ladapo is still getting match fit but again playing a role that not his .. Gillesphey went if with head injury but took his injury he was playing well … 
    DNFTT
  • Options
    Sold CBT, Fraser and Dobson. 

Got Florini in as a replacement for Fraser, he's worse. 

Got Bakinson + Coventry as replacements for Dobson, neither are much better. 

No replacement for CBT. 

Knew Leaburn and Aneke were unfit and we need a striker to hold the ball up; gets Ladapo who looks like he's never seen a ball before. 

Made sure our formation forces us to include our worst players in Edun and Watson. 

What a shambles. 
    Fraser on loan , because of family issue been allowed to move he was travelling week
    in week 
    out  between London and Scotland , Dobson decided to take up the option of 3 years at Hungry, after he turned down our offer of 2 year with option , CBT refused to play for us and demanded to be allowed to move back north …. Bakinson not a replacement for Dobson but Coventry is a massive up grade on Dobson , Florini is more of a winger not number 10 
     He's winging it alright.
  • Options
    Old Tommy Driesen doesn’t look like such a knob head these days, eh?
  • Options
    Early days but the jury is massively out on Gillesphey and Reg too. The rest of the Jan signings I’m comfortable in saying are average/poor (bar the two wing backs yet to play). 
  • Options
    3 transfer windows. Utter garbage each one.  He has done what he did at Forest, scatter gun tons of signings.  All this shit of wanting Championship ready players and 5 of the 9 bought in couldn't get a start in a team who started the day 6th bottom of L1.

Bakinson is a bit of muscle with no ability; Ladapo is a big slow lump which is exactly how he was described to me by a couple of stalwart Ipswich fans; Gillesphey is a total liability and Coventry is a non entity based on today's game and they are the pick of the bunch. It's extraordinary incompetence by Scott.

He promised to put his hands up if he got it wrong; instead he has gone into hiding much like Edun did in today's game.
    Bakinson was excellent today so was Coventry , Ladapo is still getting match fit but again playing a role that not his .. Gillesphey went if with head injury but took his injury he was playing well … 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think you can say that Bakinson looks uninterested. He puts in a shift but the quality isn't there.

Anyway, back to Scott... imagine looking at Edun and Watson and thinking "These guys are really effective! Let's build our entire January transfer window around 3-5-2 with them providing our impetus".
    To be fair we signed two new full backs - though both appear to be pushed for by Jones. I’m expecting at least one of them to start on Tuesday.
  • Options
    New England Tea Men - April 1978
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Early days but the jury is massively out on Gillesphey and Reg too. The rest of the Jan signings I’m comfortable in saying are average/poor (bar the two wing backs yet to play). 
    Idk, Coventry is actually pretty good? People are just miffed he isn't Dobson
    People have compared getting rid of Semedo is similar to the getting rid of Dobson and that is logical. What the key part is Semedo was replaced with Hollands/Stephens who turned out to be a big upgrade. The replacement of Dobson equally needs to be a big upgrade as getting rid of Dobson at this stage could not be seen as a big priority in this squad
  • Options
    The signings of Taylor in the summer (yes I know he's been injured) and Coventry in the Jan window felt like the long term replacements. Whether we actually see both in the same side before the end of the season is a whole other thing! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Is he? Been very average bar his bright cameo on debut
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    .How much in wages partly drawn from our season ticket money does Andy Scott get paid for being the pivotal person destroying what was left of our club?
  • Options
    Should be a priority for the owners to get rid of Scott
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Still way too early to judge. I know we like to write a player off. He comes with tremendous pedigree and really should be one of the better players in the league. Let's get behind him, shall we?

There's that mythical 'football played on paper' again. I've watched the games, 'one of the better players in the league' he certainly is not. 

At the moment he's on par with Dobson, who is apparently just an average League One player that isn't capable of getting a team promoted. 
  • Options
    Letting CBT & Fraser go who were are two most creative players and replacing them with no one who can create. We are now relying on both full back to create chances but neither are good enough. That is on Scott.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Still way too early to judge. I know we like to write a player off. He comes with tremendous pedigree and really should be one of the better players in the league. Let's get behind him, shall we?

There's that mythical 'football played on paper' again. I've watched the games, 'one of the better players in the league' he certainly is not. 

At the moment he's on par with Dobson, who is apparently just an average League One player that isn't capable of getting a team promoted. 
    I think Camara made it clear in just 15 mins what a player looks like when they're genuinely one of the better players in the league. 
    exactly - u can see after 1 game how good a player is - i think coventry is okay and will give you a 6 out of 10 minimum each game - he's not a stand out player - there are hundreds of these types of players who have come through the academies of big clubs and never made it - he's not proven himself anywhere yet but seems to have been handed the job of replacing our best player, captain and heartbeat of the team- scott, get your coat  
  • Options
    Time to get your coat Andy.