Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    Curbs said on Charlton TV weeks and weeks ago that May was going to give Jones a bit of a headache moving forward.
    Seems crazy to be even talking about it when the fella finishes top of the scoring pops.

But part of me thinks in accomodating Alfie to reach that milestone did we sacrifice other parts of the pitch too much??

Jones will have to live and die by any decision, but I think shifting him on really won't go down well. He'll be putting pressure on himself early doors
    However there is a train of thought that everyone else in the squad was consistantly shit and Alfie May was the only one of them to remotely try and put a smile on our faces... Alright, it's my train of thought but shipping him out is lunacy unless you have some pretty spectacular signings coming in, and this is Charlton so that's a fucking fantasy!
    Getting rid of Alfie I am hoping is a case of 2+2=5, the stories are not stacking up.
  • Options
    Curbs said on Charlton TV weeks and weeks ago that May was going to give Jones a bit of a headache moving forward.
    Seems crazy to be even talking about it when the fella finishes top of the scoring pops.

But part of me thinks in accomodating Alfie to reach that milestone did we sacrifice other parts of the pitch too much??

Jones will have to live and die by any decision, but I think shifting him on really won't go down well. He'll be putting pressure on himself early doors
    However there is a train of thought that everyone else in the squad was consistantly shit and Alfie May was the only one of them to remotely try and put a smile on our faces... Alright, it's my train of thought but shipping him out is lunacy unless you have some pretty spectacular signings coming in, and this is Charlton so that's a fucking fantasy!
    Getting rid of Alfie I am hoping is a case of 2+2=5, the stories are not stacking up.
    Similar to the George Dobson about to sign for some random club in Hungary rumour. These so called silly rumours have a way of biting us on the arse and ending up true.
  • Options
    Christ on a bike. It's gonna be a long old summer at this rate.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Christ on a bike. It's gonna be a long old summer at this rate.
    This will keep us distracted for part of it until the pre-season friendlies start

• Options
    I don't think Jones will look to move Alfie on, I reckon any move would only happen if Alfie wasn't happy about being a rotation option or if we sign a couple of strikers and Alfie obviously falls behind them. Alfie scored 7 goals for Jones and whenever we won a game he scored so Jones will definitely see his value, it's just a question of whether Alfie agrees with how he's valued. It's true that Alfie was probably the only joy we got this season but a lot of that was because everyone else was terrible and we need to be a less individualistic team. I'm hopeful that we'll sign a big lump to go up front and compete with Leaburn and a striker with a bit of pace and aggression to compete with Alfie. If one keeps the other out of the team then that can only be a good thing
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    We have a manager that I now trust to get things right and if he decides that May isn't the answer, I will be okay with that.  On the other hand 27 goals!!!!!!!!!!! What is there not to like

May - 27
    All other forwards (excluding wingers) - 15?
    Jones hasn't earned anywhere near enough trust with me yet to offload the league's top scorer. 
    Getting rid of a true goal scorer, who has scored a hatful last few seasons at this level will never, not fill me with dread.

Not easy to replace.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    We have a manager that I now trust to get things right and if he decides that May isn't the answer, I will be okay with that.  On the other hand 27 goals!!!!!!!!!!! What is there not to like

May - 27
    Jones hasn't earned anywhere near enough trust with me yet to offload the league's top scorer. 
    Getting rid of a true goal scorer, who has scored a hatful last few seasons at this level will never, not fill me with dread.

Not easy to replace.
    What does the Green ball mean? 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:

May - 27

Not easy to replace.
    Assists 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stewart said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:

May - 27

Not easy to replace.
    Assists 
    His only real shortcoming. 

• Options
    I doubt we'd sell this time around until Jones has his replacement through the door. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Last week I told Alfie he wasn't allowed to go anywhere and he said he doesn't want to.

But you have to bear in mind his next contract, wherever it may be, is likely to be his last decent one and his stock is as high now as it has ever been.  So if a crazy offer came in then it would actually make sense for all parties.  Not a nice thought but it's the reality of the situation.

He's away on hols now (though popping home briefly tonight)  so I'm unlikely to be able to ask him if anything is going on - though realistically he's not going to admit to anything. 

Rest assured if I see him I'll politely enquire
    So the Circus goes on and will continue until beginning July maybe longer?
  • Options
    edited May 9
    I don't think May fits the profile of us getting a crazy offer. Who is going to make such an offer? Putting playing styles to one side, a big thing Jones has to do is get goals in the side. Last season we had too many players who didn't contribute enough so with that in mind we can't afford to lose the top scorer in the league. As May works like a donkey, I'm sure he could fit into most styles of play and Jones will be looking at how we get the best out of him I suspect. I think one criticism I would have of May is that when things aren't going for him, you can tell sometimes and he can be a bit like a headless chicken. I would be looking for 85 goals plus overall from the team. You can't take May's goals out of that sort of target.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:

May - 27

Not easy to replace.
    Go see your doctor
  • Options
    This whole rumour is brilliant, built on someones vibe a few weeks ago, and now he's being sold to the first club who offers a pack of spangles. 
  • Options
    Is that fruit or mint spangles?
  • Options
    Cola spangles were the best
  • Options
    he's going nowhere
  • Options
    he's going nowhere
    Indeed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Stewart said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:

May - 27

Not easy to replace.
    Assists 
    His only real shortcoming. 

His other is his height..almost literally!
  • Options
    edited May 14
  • Options
    clive said:
     Come on Clive, you are better than that
  • Options
    clive said:
     Come on Clive, you are better than that