Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    edited March 12
    Scoham said:
    Milan said:
    Alfie has been outstanding this season, I dread to think what position we'd be in without him. The thing that worries me is that his exploits obviously won't have gone unnoticed by bigger clubs. Will we be willing and able to hold on to him if a big offer materialises in the summer?
    As good as he is I can’t see Championship clubs coming in for him, I don’t think his all round game is the standard a club at that level who could pay a decent fee would go for.
    As we’ve seen he is quite limited in that he has to play in a front 2 or as a number 10 so that would put a lot of teams off also. Building your team around him at this level is fine but no one in the championship is going to do that 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Is there anything anyone on here would like me to ask Alfie May tonight? 
    At East Kent Addicks?

I'm surprised they'll let you in. 

Not only will they probably make you sign a confidentiality agreement, they may not even let Alfie know the questions.

:p 

Yes mate we let anyone in, even twats like you
  • Options
    Milan said:
    Alfie has been outstanding this season, I dread to think what position we'd be in without him. The thing that worries me is that his exploits obviously won't have gone unnoticed by bigger clubs. Will we be willing and able to hold on to him if a big offer materialises in the summer?
    No different to what he did last season though, and in a worse team. 

As others have said, he doesn't seem to fit into the 433 formation many teams play nowadays.
  • Options
    For me he should be in the no10. He’s the closest we have to a proper playmaker , floats around can cross and play good passes and arrive to school goals. If we’re doing this 532 he should be in front of 2 of the other Dobson/coventry cms 
  • Options
    Alfie will be 31 in the summer, with 2 years left on his contract (if we utilise the option which we no doubt will) I can’t see any club paying what we would want for him considering his age and the fact he has never played above this level.
  • Options
    edited March 12
    We would have been more than sunk this season without him, really glad we signed him.

Think its 8 consective months that he's got a goal in, how many League goals will he end up on?

My guess is 25 goals, no pressure Alfie! 

Would love for him to get a hat trick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fantastic goals per games ratio too. 
  • Options

Fantastic goals per games ratio too. 
    146 miles per gallon is impressive, especially as he was sharing the car with Kanu.
  • Options
    Alfie will be 31 in the summer, with 2 years left on his contract (if we utilise the option which we no doubt will) I can’t see any club paying what we would want for him considering his age and the fact he has never played above this level.
    I asked him about his age and how long he reckons he can play for. 

He said he wants to break the EFL record for oldest professional player, and feels great and nowhere near ready to stop playing. 

He also acknowledged (to my surprise) that he doesn't believe championship sides will show an interest due to his age, and that his best chance of playing at that level is going up next season with us. 

I get the impression he's genuinely really grateful/happy to be here, and he will stay here until we outgrow him essentially.

I personally think he's championship quality and hope he gets a chance to showcase himself with us in the near future.

A really modest lad Alfie. We all probably knew this anyway but the more you hear from him, the more you realise he's the perfect fit for Charlton. 👍🏻
    To be clear I think Alfie is absolutely class and hope he stays here for many years. Was just listing the reasons that it is unlikely a Championship club will come and pay what it would take to get him. 
  • Options
    Alfie's goalscoring form has picked up since India sealed the Test match series against England. Having young kids alongside your favourite sport starting at 4am can be harsh! 
  • Options
    Don't rate him, have never rated him and this is from someone who watched him when he was at Erith and Belvedere
    Izale McCleod had fantastic figures for MK dons and was absolute dogshit as was Andy Gray hope I am wrong but I have followed his career from dot and do not rate him.Ajose had good figures from elsewhere and was the same, I hope I am wrong but Alfie May will do diddly for us.
    Like the best type of wine, aging exceptionally well
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Is there anything anyone on here would like me to ask Alfie May tonight? 
    At East Kent Addicks?

I'm surprised they'll let you in. 

Not only will they probably make you sign a confidentiality agreement, they may not even let Alfie know the questions.

:p 

Yes mate we let anyone in, even twats like you
    Ha ha .... sense of humour bypass?

Don't you do banter? :) 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair to Appleton, he inherited a lopsided squad, where the two best attacking players CBT and May, required different systems. And without Miles and Chuks as well, to play the number 9 for May to play off.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    To be fair to Appleton, he inherited a lopsided squad, where the two best attacking players CBT and May, required different systems. And without Miles and Chuks as well, to play the number 9 for May to play off.
    I think it is fair to say that Appleton was dealt a poor hard but he then went on to play it extremely poorly.

Injuries and squad balance can excuse some tactical flaws to a certain extent but the lack of motivation and morale is down to his leadership - more precisely the lack of acting.
    Fixed the last sentence for you 
  • Options
    6 opportunities, starting today to match Dennis Edwards and be only the second Charlton player to score at least one league goal in every month of the season.

August ⚽⚽
    September ⚽⚽
    October ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽
    November ⚽⚽⚽
    December ⚽
    January ⚽
    February ⚽
    March ⚽⚽⚽⚽
    April ?

If he does I'll need to check the longest streak. Edwards may well have that as he scored in the April of the previous season, and August to October of the next season. Seems unlikely anymore can beat that without completing an entire season.