Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    Sky is wrong the Statbank shows 8 yellows in EFL matches
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What did May do?!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    What did May do?!
    https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1766536651017256984?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q

Always keep your boots on before a tunnel jump…
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Congratulations to Alfie who becomes the fastest player to reach 20 league goals (35 games) for Charlton Athletic in 13 years since Bradley Wright-Phillips scored 20 league goals in 36 appearances back in 2011

Clive Mendonca (1998) and Arthur Horsfield (1973) also reached 20 league goals in 36 games at the start of Charlton careers as well 

However the fastest to 20 league goals is Ralph Allen who achieved that feat back in 1934 in just 12 league games

Bloody hell, what a start. Do you know how many goals he finished the season on?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    shirty5 said:
    Congratulations to Alfie who becomes the fastest player to reach 20 league goals (35 games) for Charlton Athletic in 13 years since Bradley Wright-Phillips scored 20 league goals in 36 appearances back in 2011

Clive Mendonca (1998) and Arthur Horsfield (1973) also reached 20 league goals in 36 games at the start of Charlton careers as well 

However the fastest to 20 league goals is Ralph Allen who achieved that feat back in 1934 in just 12 league games

Bloody hell, what a start. Do you know how many goals he finished the season on?
    32 league goals in 28 games 
  • Options
    He's hit the magic number...

20 goals in 35 appearances.

Now three goals clear at the top of the scoring charts...
    Three seasons on the trot he's scored 20 plus goals in League 1: 

2021/22 - 23 of the 66 goals scored by Cheltenham (34.85%)
    2022/23 - 20 of the 45 goals scored by Cheltenham (44.44%)
    2023/24 - 20 of the 56 goals scored by us (35.71%)

It's safe to say that without Alfie's goals, his side would have been relegated on at least one occasion. And possibly twice.

Roll on next season with May, Kanu, Leaburn, Aneke plus one other signing. Assuming they all stay and are fit. The owners' intent will be there for all to see in that respect. 

Absolutely zero faith in this happening for Chuks and sadly Miles early career has been very injury hit so far. Not sure how much you could rely on either.
  • Options
    edited March 10
    Now he’s joined the likes of Killer and Flash he’s earned the right to a new moniker…I’ll start and after his spectacular tunnel jump yesterday I’ll pitch in with ‘Slipper’
  • Options
    edited March 11

Well in Alf

Wouldn't mind a certain someone else in this team of the week in our heart of defence next season, ridiculously consistent.
  • Options
    Now he’s joined the likes of Killer and Flash he’s earned the right to a new moniker…I’ll start and after his spectacular tunnel jump yesterday I’ll pitch in with ‘Slipper’
    Cinderella?
  • Options
    Is there anything anyone on here would like me to ask Alfie May tonight? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did he think Appleton was a useless piece of shit!
  • Options
    If Alfie was a piece of clothing, what garment would he be and why?
  • Options
    At East Kent Addicks?

I'm surprised they'll let you in. 

Not only will they probably make you sign a confidentiality agreement, they may not even let Alfie know the questions.

:p 

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Surely 35 is faster than 36 so he's the fastest since someone before BWP (and Mendonca, and Horsfield?)?
  • Options
    Would he rather have a hand made of ham or an armpit that can dispense sun-cream?
  • Options
    Does he know the names of any elderly hairdressers in Lytham St.Annes?
  • Options
    how's his bum after his tunnel jump?
  • Options
    Alfie has been outstanding this season, I dread to think what position we'd be in without him. The thing that worries me is that his exploits obviously won't have gone unnoticed by bigger clubs. Will we be willing and able to hold on to him if a big offer materialises in the summer?
  • Options
    Did he think Appleton was a useless piece of shit!
    This was asked by someone, but in a kinder way. He said he enjoyed playing under Appleton, he's just different.

Oggy Red said:
    At East Kent Addicks?

I'm surprised they'll let you in. 

Not only will they probably make you sign a confidentiality agreement, they may not even let Alfie know the questions.

:p 

Haha, no camera and I didn't ask anything too pressing. Luckily I was allowed in.

how's his bum after his tunnel jump?
    Someone asked about the jump. He's all good haha. Just didn't listen to some advice about keeping his boots on. 

Got the impression Alfie really loves it here.
  • Options
    Milan said:
    Alfie has been outstanding this season, I dread to think what position we'd be in without him. The thing that worries me is that his exploits obviously won't have gone unnoticed by bigger clubs. Will we be willing and able to hold on to him if a big offer materialises in the summer?
    As good as he is I can’t see Championship clubs coming in for him, I don’t think his all round game is the standard a club at that level who could pay a decent fee would go for.