Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    Yet not on the shortlist for L1 player of the season. A real shame. 
    That's a travesty.
  • Options
    Crazy that he hasn't been considered for league one player of the year. Can  see him getting 30 goals this league one season - i think the EFL have fucked up by announcing nominations too early
  • Options
    Alfie has scored 20 or more League goals for three consecutive seasons for bottom half of the table sides in the same division. Can't think of the last player to do that simply because they usually move on to better things after doing it twice on the trot or fail to do it at all.   
  • Options
    It’s not just about his goal scoring though. His overall level of play across the park is just very good. His tenacity and ball control when he gets the ball is good and pretty consistent. Yesterday was his best game for us yet in my opinion and he should have had at least a hat trick. A very intelligent player. I knew about his goalscoring ability but was never really aware of the other aspects of his play. 
  • Options
    Was a bit surprised he was taken off yesterday, clearly desperate for his hat trick, and he’ll be a gutted that we got a pen (and missed it) after he was subbed!

I guess Jones wants him fresh for Tuesday.
  • Options
    Alfie has scored 20 or more League goals for three consecutive seasons for bottom half of the table sides in the same division. Can't think of the last player to do that simply because they usually move on to better things after doing it twice on the trot or fail to do it at all.   
    I think he is just a normal bloke who appreciates work/life balance - he likes it here. I think he wanted to be here and it wasn't a stepping stone. he is one of those rare people that doesn't know how valuable he really is. We are lucky to have him. 
    Maybe but as great as he is for us I can’t see many Championship clubs being interested due to his age and need to play in a front two. Like any player here I doubt he’d turn down £20k a week in the Championship if it came along.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yesterday was Alfie’s best game for us in my opinion. Of course there were 2 brilliant goals, but also his all-round play was excellent all game 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Yesterday was Alfie’s best game for us in my opinion. Of course there were 2 brilliant goals, but also his all-round play was excellent all game 
    Agreed, I thought it was by far his best game for us. 
  • Options
    Outstanding yesterday - what a performance.
  • Options

Got to feel a little sorry for Colby bishop not getting the second striker spot alongside May.
  • Options
    Near post Norris as goalie?
  • Options
    I was checking our recent top goal scorer records (League) yesterday. 

BWP got 22 in 11/12
    Mendonca got 23 in 97/98 (exc play offs)
    Hunt got 24 in 99/00.

Alfie has 2 games to equal or even beat Hunt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think this achievement should have its own thread really 
  • Options
    I was checking our recent top goal scorer records (League) yesterday. 

BWP got 22 in 11/12
    Mendonca got 23 in 97/98 (exc play offs)
    Hunt got 24 in 99/00.

Alfie has 2 games to equal or even beat Hunt.
    Taylor got 21 in 18/19…
  • Options
    Leading goalscorer in the league saves Charlton from relegation to League two.
  • Options
    "Carrying too many passengers, made HT changes because they weren’t contributing"

Then hooks May off at half time. Been subbed in all of the last 6 games.
  • Options
    I did think to myself that Alfie wasn't pressing quite as much as Dan Kanu.
  • Options
    Brown mentioned post-match that he hopes he is wrong but has a feeling Jones will possibly move May on this summer.