Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Appearing to Pray After Scoring?

Comments

• edited April 2023
    And so is Nick Pope.

I think if he ever scored then he would go up to the gantry in that huge stand and wave to the crowd.

If Nick Pope ever scored there will be smoke coming out of his arse.

The other time Smoke will come out of Nick's arse will be if his long term girlfriend, Shannon Horlock (daughter of Kevin: Swindon & Man city) gives birth to a new Pope.

• se9addick said:
    Makes you wonder if there would be less shit going on in the world if god wasn’t having to deal with the prayers of blokes being paid a load of money to play football. Still, each to their own and on the subject of gestures I liked what looked to be a choreographed blm kneeling dance off between the two teams yesterday. More of that please with something along the lines of that troupe that did well on Britains got talent a few years back.
    I was a bit confused about what was happening pre-kick off yesterday, was it moments silence? Was it a new way of choreographing the taking the knee. 
    Me too. I thought it was going to be a minute's silence and I was wracking my brain trying to remember who'd died this week. It turns out that it was a Civil War Re-enactment: Our players all stood there like privates on parade whilst on the pre-arranged signal, theirs all dropped to their knees, fired their imaginary muskets and shot our boys in the chests. It was a nice little theatrical, but I think if they're really going to make these scenes work we might need those that are shot to fall over and roll around a bit (they are footballers, so it can't be that hard). Also some smoke and Kensington gore wouldn't go amiss.   
  • Stig said:
    se9addick said:
    Makes you wonder if there would be less shit going on in the world if god wasn’t having to deal with the prayers of blokes being paid a load of money to play football. Still, each to their own and on the subject of gestures I liked what looked to be a choreographed blm kneeling dance off between the two teams yesterday. More of that please with something along the lines of that troupe that did well on Britains got talent a few years back.
    I was a bit confused about what was happening pre-kick off yesterday, was it moments silence? Was it a new way of choreographing the taking the knee. 
    Me too. I thought it was going to be a minute's silence and I was wracking my brain trying to remember who'd died this week. It turns out that it was a Civil War Re-enactment: Our players all stood there like privates on parade whilst on the pre-arranged signal, theirs all dropped to their knees, fired their imaginary muskets and shot our boys in the chests. It was a nice little theatrical, but I think if they're really going to make these scenes work we might need those that are shot to fall over and roll around a bit (they are footballers, so it can't be that hard). Also some smoke and Kensington gore wouldn't go amiss.   
    Is this serious or am I being whooshed?
    It seems like a script on Would I Lie to You.
    It's gotta be a lie hasn't it?
  • Try words said about some of the players for avery long timeWellred said:

Some of our players should be thanking God they still have a job 

• I will say this then bow out of what I see is becoming a very heated and potentially nasty thread..
    I am a confirmed Anglican, and therefor a believer, and do not take well to being called a "God Botherer", and it seems that a non believer looks upon a believer as being deluded, and obviously wrong, but we are all individuals and whether believer or not deserve respect.
    I will never castigate anyone for not believing, and would just say that God watches over us all in equal measures, so let's just leave it there shall we regarding any rights or wrongs please, and treat everyone as friends..
    I will say that any player giving thanks either when scoring a goal or coming onto the pitch is a personal thing and should be treated as such
    Prove it....
  • I will say this then bow out of what I see is becoming a very heated and potentially nasty thread..
    I am a confirmed Anglican, and therefor a believer, and do not take well to being called a "God Botherer", and it seems that a non believer looks upon a believer as being deluded, and obviously wrong, but we are all individuals and whether believer or not deserve respect.
    I will never castigate anyone for not believing, and would just say that God watches over us all in equal measures, so let's just leave it there shall we regarding any rights or wrongs please, and treat everyone as friends..
    I will say that any player giving thanks either when scoring a goal or coming onto the pitch is a personal thing and should be treated as such
    Prove it....
    He would, but God moves in mysterious ways.
    Prove it....
    He can’t. No one can. It’s bollocks and we all know it deep down but the insane beauty and futility of life and certain endless death is too much for some people. So they pretend that made up shit books made to make the masses behave are real. Utter rubbish. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So we were wrong when we thought our players never had a prayer. 

I’ll get me coat. 
  • Christ!
    There are some wet blankets on here.

Oops sorry.
  • I am not religious and science tells me that there is no god, however I cannot prove that there isn't, the same as someone who believes, cannot prove that there is.

If having a faith gives a person comfort, then that is their right to believe and nobody else should tell them otherwise.
    You cannot prove something doesn't exist, it is down to them to prove 'god' does. Until then, its fairytales.
  • I put the praying in the same pidgion hole as kissing the badge 

All a load of bollocks and mainly done for attention and cameras 
    Wrong thread. There’s a whole other debate about the pigeons at The Valley 😂
  • I am not religious and science tells me that there is no god, however I cannot prove that there isn't, the same as someone who believes, cannot prove that there is.

If having a faith gives a person comfort, then that is their right to believe and nobody else should tell them otherwise.
    You cannot prove something doesn't exist, it is down to them to prove 'god' does. Until then, its fairytales.
    Nobody HAS to prove it either way. If someone wants to believe and it gives them comfort, then you or I don't have the right to tell them otherwise, it's nobody else's business.
  • Genuine questions for religious experts.
    Do different religions pray to their own God, or do all believers believe and pray to the same God?
    If there are different Gods. How does that work?
    Surely if one God is "real" then the others aren't?
    Perhaps, religious folk believe in more than one God?
    I hope these genuine questions aren't offensive, I've worded the questions as carefully as I can.
  • JaShea99 said:
    But it is someone else’s business when it starts to affect/influence someone’s impressionable children or anyone vulnerable in their life. As someone else said further up, the whole model is based on brainwashing from a young age. If no religion was allowed to be taught until the age of 18, the numbers would be completely different because so many more people would make decisions based on logic and common sense as opposed to having no choice in the matter from birth.
    So, like fortnite then?
  • Nobody is born religious.

It is forced/bestowed upon young children who have no say in it. It's a socially acceptable form of child abuse.

Prove me wrong.

Also, do believers accept the Old Testament and all the shithousery that comes with it, or do they cherry pick the nice parts that are convenient and fluffy? After all, you don't get the New Testament without the Old, so I assume they're okay with slavery, mysogyny, rape, torture etc so long as their lord says it is okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPLw0tdgMfc
    Saw him last Sunday. Hilarious (Jim not God)
  • Sponsored links:

• Genuine questions for religious experts.
    Do different religions pray to their own God, or do all believers believe and pray to the same God?
    I hope these genuine questions aren't offensive, I've worded the questions as carefully as I can.
    It's a good question and one that used to puzzle me, so I did a bit of research a few years back.

It turns out that most of the "Big" religions are all derived from the same basic story and therefore, quite conveniently, they all believe in the same God. It's the detail of who said what and when and which branch they chose to believe that differentiates them.

Which, to me at least, makes it even more bizarre. They all generally believe in the same or similar things, so why do they all hate each other?! Madness. Pure madness.
  • Bring back the good old days when footballers would celebrate scoring a goal with firm handshake, a sip of a pint of mild, and drag on a cigarette.
  • Early night for me tonight. 
    God bless everyone 
  • Off_it said:
    Genuine questions for religious experts.
    It's a good question and one that used to puzzle me, so I did a bit of research a few years back.

It turns out that most of the "Big" religions are all derived from the same basic story and therefore, quite conveniently, they all believe in the same God. It's the detail of who said what and when and which branch they chose to believe that differentiates them.

Which, to me at least, makes it even more bizarre. They all generally believe in the same or similar things, so why do they all hate each other?! Madness. Pure madness.
    Hold on, isn’t one of these Gods a talking elephant?
    If I had managed to change that little detail in the story then I’d have been pleased as punch when that caught on. 
  • At least the Gods back in the day of the Ancient Greeks and stuff were cool.

You know, tridents, wings made of fire - things like that.
  • WSS said:
    At least the Gods back in the day of the Ancient Greeks and stuff were cool.

You know, tridents, wings made of fire - things like that.
    And Ursula Andres dressed in virginial white ....

Nobody HAS to prove it either way. If someone wants to believe and it gives them comfort, then you or I don't have the right to tell them otherwise, it's nobody else's business.
    I agree with this - until the point that it is made my business - that's why i keep myself to myself re- beliefs - and I also tend not to tell other people who or what is watching over them or not.