Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2023

Comments

• Options
    HandG said:
    Fantastic win for the Rambler. 
    I was not a believer but he was a very worthy winner indeed. Well done Lucinda, Scu and Derek Fox - beautiful ride. 

Carnage out there from the first - watching mine drop out by pretty much every conceivable manner one by one.
    That was a huge disappointment for my model, no fudging it. 
    Gaillard Du Mesnil got his place and A Wave Of The Sea ran creditably but sincere apologies to those who followed my selections.
    Will do an autopsy in due course but Portman Road and Aintree both a debacle.
    I need a drink.  

No need to apologise, they’re animals, anything can happen! 

I was just remarking at how well the previously amazing Delta Work was running and it unseated it’s rider. It happens.
    You're absolutely right. It is always chaotic in a GN - this one maybe a tad more than usual as the loose horses didn't want to take the off ramp - but it happens.
    Usually with a team you can weather a couple of no-shows or unfortunates. Not today.
    But so many fancied others failed to complete or met with misfortune.

Mr Incredible seemed to be going nicely and (I think) just chucked his jock off in between fences, unless he stumbled.
    God knows what happened to The Big Breakaway - seemed to be another horse nearby that either he brought down early or vice versa.
    Recite A Prayer jumped the first nicely and got barged into by a faller and unseated.
    Dunboyne set off OK but clearly was not happy or obliging - can't even blame the ground.
    Velvet and Back On The Lash both looked to be going nicely but couldn't keep up the pace and PUd.
  • Options
    I had Wave of the Sea & I think it came in 6th. Had £2 each way so I think that means £1 on the "place" bit of the bet. Betting slip had 50/1 so 5th of the odds means I get £10 plus my stake back. Is that right ? 
    9th sadly
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Great thread as always. Always in awe of the knowledge and work you put in. You should carry your head high @PeanutsMolloy unlike those useless f*ckers at Portman Road today. 
  • Options
    It's not a pension winning year Peanuts, as always it was close. 

My own bets, came in without loss, keep it up because next year, we will all be doubling down and be millionaires. 👍😁
    It will teach me to get greedy, looking for the hat-trick after Chepstow and Fairyhouse but que sera sera.
    Back to the drawing board for next year.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    So Delta Work got sideswiped by another, causing him to stumble and UR.  :s

Looks like Mr Incredible's jockey was unbalanced after 2nd Canal Turn, couldn't straighten him up and came off. Can't blame the horse's temperament for that. Was going nicely as well  :'(
  • Options
    Had Gaillard and Noble Yates e/w .. both on tote and PP, .. The winner Corach just to place on the tote .. small bets, all in all about £39 in pocket .. better than that Portman Road shagging, fecking disgrace
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Great thread as always. Always in awe of the knowledge and work you put. You should carry your head high @PeanutsMolloy unlike those useless f*ckers at Portman Road today. 
    Thanks mate. Much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the thread.
    We'll get back on track and knock it out of the park next year.   :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So Delta Work got sideswiped by another, causing him to stumble and UR.  :s

Looks like Mr Incredible's jockey was unbalanced after 2nd Canal Turn, couldn't straighten him up and came off. Can't blame the horse's temperament for that. Was going nicely as well  :'(
    I REALLY fancied Delta .. to state the obvious, the GN is always a bit of a lottery
  • Options
    Some stamina from Vanilius, runs like a 5 miler 🤣
  • Options
    Wiped out there.
    5 horses and none finished.
    Thanks anyway Peanuts, it was bound to happen eventually.
  • Options
    Cracking day’s sport. 1 small place from several bets, Portman Road massacre, Millwall and Palace winning and Kent having a mare at Edgbaston…
  • Options
    Vanillier and Gaillard du Mesnil vying it out now at the 8 mile marker!

Thought Delta Work and Mr Incredible were very unlucky looking at the replay. Both were handy enough and travelling, neither seemed to do a lot wrong but guess that's how big field handicaps go!
  • Options
    Absolute carnage out there. No idea if the delay caused any of it although I suspect some temperamental horses may have boiled over.
    Well done Corach Rambler who was 10lb well in and honourable mention to Noble Yeats under his burden of 11st 11lbs.
    Peanuts gives his explanations but has no control over fallers, unseaters etc and once again gave his reasons why he could not back horses carrying big weights on his models. 
  • Options
    No winners at the National but I had a cheeky £2 at 10/1 on Charlton beating Ipswich.. anyone know that result?
    Did you back them each way?
  • Options
    Now I am aware that Mister Coffey goes against a lot of trends not least trip, Topham run and trainer's record in the National but I do have an interest in him at big prices. 
    Gave me a run for my money but was always going to get overhauled after the last. Not sure quite why de Boinville made quite so much use of him but as I've never ridden a horse in my last I'm probably in no position to criticise. 

Roll on next year.
  • Options
    6 secs slow of std - I got that bit right  :p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Peanuts, I have enjoyed your input and knowledge even though this year it has not paid off. Shame they couldn’t have got hold of some of the protesters glue and stuck Mr Incredible’s jockey into the saddle
  • Options
    Similar to most others I got wiped out today but thanks Peanuts for all your work. 
    Looking forward to next year!
  • Options
    Lost on Delta Work, really enjoyed the thread as always, roll on next year.
  • Options
    Didn’t enjoy watching that - absolute carnage on the first circuit - fallers, loose horses jumping into each other, other loose ones busting inside the course. Unfortunately the protesters will get their way in some form - be max 30 field next year 
  • Options
    Sad to see a horse died during the race.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Wasn't sure whether to have a bet as I am not sure I agree with the race. In the end I did, each way, and my horse came in second but not sure I will next year. I have to be honest, I don't know who is right or wrong, but I don't appreciate hearing biased opinions without those of the other side. 

They made claims that may be true but I would like to hear the other side of those claims and make the right personal decision on the race for all that matters.
  • Options
    Very sadly Hill Sixteen fatally injured after falling at 1st. 
    I think that was the incident involving The Big Breakaway - not that that matters.
    Not good.
  • Options
    Horrible footage the arseholes are using to their advantage. Very sad as accompanied by the protests, this will be the talking point.
  • Options
    Horrible footage the arseholes are using to their advantage. Very sad as accompanied by the protests, this will be the talking point.
    I'm sure they would prefer that a horse hadn't died, that one did die rather proves their point.
  • Options
    Here we go.