Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread (+post p30): FA Cup R2 replay: Stockport v Charlton, 7th Dec 2022

Comments

• For me, Clare who is a seasoned professional and captain, scuffing the penalty spot to try and stop a Stockport player scoring, is a new low even for us. 

That is not the values we expect from our club. 

It shows how infested we are with an awful culture, real desperation and wretchedness. 

As with any organisation, the sole responsibility for culture lies with one person. The awful spineless snide two bob owner. 
    I agree, that was disgraceful.
  • I know that we have been poor for a while (obviously), but we looked to take it to a new level tonight.

The players looked shell shocked, is this because of the team selection, or the sacking? 

As I said earlier, no heart, no belief, no passion, no organisation. It's hardly surprising with so many players playing out of position.

I saw that Lavelle made just one tackle today, yep one bloody tackle, is that normal for a CB? I couldn't find the stats for other players I'm afraid. 

Chin has come in for stick but what about Aneke? He was worse than Stockley by some margin.

These players are better than tonight's performance that's for sure.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Can we have Stockport’s manager please. They look way more solid and well drilled than us. 
    Team spirit counts for a lot, and they clearly have plenty, whereas we have zero.

It’ll all be fine when Stockley’s back. 
    No because as a no nonsense center half he once miss timed a tackle so is a c@£t apparently...
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Can we have Stockport’s manager please. They look way more solid and well drilled than us. 
    Team spirit counts for a lot, and they clearly have plenty, whereas we have zero.

It’ll all be fine when Stockley’s back. 
    You want someone who in his playing days ended on of our own players career as our Manager?
    I’d forgotten that. 
  • Do Charlton return home tonight or stay in northwest until Saturday. 
    Serious question 
    I heard that they were staying up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got 7th place in premier league 19 years ago, the next couple of seasons hovered around mid table. The fans wanted more, the club sold their best player Scott Parker. Got rid of Curb. Like a snowball going down hill ever since.
  • I genuinely wonder if Sandgaard even knew we were playing tonight or even gives a toss if he did. Clearly the club means nothing to him other than a way of keeping some of his hangers-on employed. The danger is if we mean so little he won't give a flying one if we go to the wall. He can probably write off most of his investment against taxes. God this is so depressing
  • 1968CAFC said:
    Well, that's it for me.
    Well done Sandgaard. You have finally broken me.
    After 59 years, yes, fifty nine fucking years, sixty three away grounds and many thousands of pounds spent following Charlton, I can't bring myself to admit that this is my club.
    You make Michael Gliksten seem like a philanthropist. Get out of this club NOW!!!
    You are absolutely clueless. Out of your depth in a business about which you know nothing.
    Four managers in two years. Six months each. Four people who know more about football than you ever will. Just to make things clear for you, it's the game you call Soccer.
    Tonight was probably the worst performance I can remember, although fifty nine years equals a lot of games and I may have forgotten one.
    Clueless team selection from a novice with insufficient players at his disposal.
    Don't hide behind the injured players excuse. One or two of the youngsters have acquitted themselves well but we shouldn't be in the position of having to play them so early in their careers. That is down to you and your sewn up pockets.
    Cut your losses. Sell up. Keep practicing your guitar because your not good enough to make a living from that either.
    Rant over.
    Goodbye all. It was fun while it lasted.

I too have been a Charlton Fan nearly as long as you (1968) when as a little boy my dad took me to the Valley for the first time, been a season ticket hold since we went back to the Valley 
    but unlike you my friend I am not as polite as you have been about TS, our Rock n Roll wannabe Cunt of an owner.
    so TS do what the man said Fuck Off and leave our club alone 👎👎👎👎
    If I had said what I really think, there would be a better than 50/50 chance of this site being closed down.
  • Stig said:
    Do Charlton return home tonight or stay in northwest until Saturday. 
    Serious question 
    TBH mate, if you don't know the answer to that now, you probably haven't got the gig  ;)

Seriously though, I think any half decent club would to stay up there. Save a load of wasted motorway hours, do a bit of team bonding and arrive at Morecambe nice and fresh. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if I find out that's what we've done.
    If they go to Morcambe then they could ride the donkeys on the beach. With a bit of luck Sandgaard might agree to but a couple of them to play up front
  • Hayes is a coach with no senior experience.However after the loss of Garner and humiliating defeat on Friday surely he was under a duty to the supporters to put out his strongest team and not play  youngsters like. Chin and Mitchell against a tough team.
    The performance was,predictably,abject and hit a new low even to us old hands used to disappointment.
    Garner should not have been sacked,and the lack of effort tonight indicates the players think likewise.Sandgaard has given his managers no financial backing and I fear unless he sells we are heading to Division 2,Stockport we’re so superior it is alarming
  • Hayes is a coach with no senior experience.However after the loss of Garner and humiliating defeat on Friday surely he was under a duty to the supporters to put out his strongest team and not play  youngsters like. Chin and Mitchell against a tough team.
    The performance was,predictably,abject and hit a new low even to us old hands used to disappointment.
    Garner should not have been sacked,and the lack of effort tonight indicates the players think likewise.Sandgaard has given his managers no financial backing and I fear unless he sells we are heading to Division 2,Stockport we’re so superior it is alarming
    So you are suggesting that the players downed tools and played badly as a protest for BG being sacked?
  • Stig said:
    Serious question 
    TBH mate, if you don't know the answer to that now, you probably haven't got the gig  ;)

Seriously though, I think any half decent club would to stay up there. Save a load of wasted motorway hours, do a bit of team bonding and arrive at Morecambe nice and fresh. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if I find out that's what we've done.
    They are staying up overnight and using Preston N E training ground
  • Sponsored links:

• See the source image
    Wish he’d stick to his cringeworthy attempt at being a musician, rather than making an equally cringeworthy attempt at football. An expensive guitar and zero talent, should stay at home noodling and buy a copy of Football Manager if he’s that interested- at least that way he’s only wasting his own time 
  • edited December 2022
    Can you pawn a season ticket?
  • 1968CAFC said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Don’t think Chin had a bad game he made one mistake that cost us the killer goal … but he was excellent along with Laville and Michell but there lies the reason why we are in bad run not long ago we beat Shrewsbury Pompey and 4-4 Ipswich then we lost 3 of our 5 defensive players …second half was pretty even up-to the second goal ..it was difficult game before last few days and doubt there was much time to get his own ideas across althrough there was a slight change in style .. 
    keep going it will change hopefully we get that bit of luck on Saturday and it’s our day but it was a great test for the young players 

Nothing in that performance deserves the word excellent you clegnut
        Is Fumbluff Bluffing, having a laugh or just fucking deluded………we were playing Stockport County not fucking Man City.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎👎👎
    Can you read?
  • Just when i feel we are scraping the bottom of a very deep barrel...
  • Stig said:
    Serious question 

My son, who is doing work experience at the club, was told he wasn't needed tomorrow or Friday as the players were up North.  
  • mogodon said:
    Stig said:
    Serious question 

If they go to Morcambe then they could ride the donkeys on the beach. With a bit of luck Sandgaard might agree to but a couple of them to play up front
    They could be the donkeys on the beach.
  • edited December 2022
    supaclive said:
    Why not start Dobson, CBT, Fraser, Rak Saki?

Get 3-1 up and take them off
    We disrespected Stockport, the travelling fans and us sat at home watching that bollox.
    What has happened with Chuks? I mean genuinely. He's a professional athelete who can't do his job.

I am really at a loss for more words now.

It used to be "why not start Chuks and get 3-1 up and take him off?". Now Chuks starts and it's "why not start x y z?" instead.

The whole squad is rotten. There's a few players I'd keep like Dobson, Egbo, O'Connell, Wollacott and the youth. The rest can go.
  • Not Hayes' fault of course, but that post match interview was of a junior coach, used to working with players as their friend, not a manager. 
    I agree.

What we need atm is a manager who will shout & scream at the players. Instill some balls & some passion. Not someone who is quite as a mouse & too tactical. 
  • I felt nothing watching that tonight, devoid of all emotion.