Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread (+post p30): FA Cup R2 replay: Stockport v Charlton, 7th Dec 2022

Comments

• edited December 2022
    Egbo is another Inniss/Aneke/JFC/CBT....will play a few good games (decent player) but will miss loads through injury. He's 25 and played so few 1st XI games. 
  • Kanu probably didn't feature as he played for the U18s Vs Newcastle last night instead. Would like to think he'll be involved Saturday however.

Tonight just feels like the lowest of the low on the field, no desire, no leadership, no characters. Feel for the likes of Mitchell being thrown into this side because there's no depth, although I think he's potentially got a bright future. Chuks sub was bizarre if he's not injured yet again. 

Whole club feels like it's in a huge malaise that's not going to end until the owner leaves. No idea who would want to take this managerial role on with this squad. 
  • It’s all been said already but any criticism of Chin is well over the top. Yes he was poor but he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team in the first place. That isn’t his fault, TS is to blame for that. Anyway, seasoned pro’s like Kirk, Payne, Clare, Morgan, Lavelle, MacG were just as bad, if not worse. Only bright spot, another decent performance by Zak Mitchell. Join Miles Leaburn at the top of the list of the next academy products to be sold, probably very soon.

People saying don’t blame Hayes. If I were to be in charge, even for one game, I’d want to win but his team selection and then subs suggested otherwise.

Unless something drastically changes, TS sells or sees the errors of his ways (ha, ha), then League Two beckons.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Kanu probably didn't feature as he played for the U18s Vs Newcastle last night instead. Would like to think he'll be involved Saturday however.

But that was someone's choice. He would have been pulled out of the U18 game if Hayes wanted him tonight
  • I do blame Hayes for not picking the strongest possible team,I don’t know what they thought of Garner,but to be so inferior to a League2 outfit shows they need some guidance and quick.If Sandgaard is staying he must get a new manager,hopefully one with motivational skills and quickly
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Kanu probably didn't feature as he played for the U18s Vs Newcastle last night instead. Would like to think he'll be involved Saturday however.

But that was someone's choice. He would have been pulled out of the U18 game if Hayes wanted him tonight

Oh absolutely, they pulled Mitchell out to start tonight. Just don't understand not having an out and out striker available if you know Chuks can't go 90.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey, this thread has to be the most depressing in the whole football world.
    They'll be someone taking CL to court for the suicide of a family member soon.😥
  • edited December 2022
    SOS! We've been cast adrift in stormy waters, holed beneath the waterline and are sinking fast. The lifeboats are gone and there aren't any buoyancy aids left. There isn't another ship on the horizon and we won't be making port any time soon, but apart from that, HMS Piss the League is maintaining a steady course and making good progress onwards and upwards!
  • Hey, Thomas, you're finally trending on Twitter!

• Not to be dramatic but watching the game felt  like the night were our club died before our eyes. I fear The road back is going to be extremely long for us all. 
  • Hayes was so far out of his depth it wasn't even funny - might as well have just picked a random out of the crowd - my question is where was the assistant manager? As far as I know he wasn't sacked as well was he? 
  • Hayes was so far out of his depth it wasn't even funny - might as well have just picked a random out of the crowd - my question is where was the assistant manager? As far as I know he wasn't sacked as well was he? 
    A lot of our players need a good kick up the arse. Hayes is the last thing we need...
  • Leuth said:
    Mr. Happy said:
    Fuck this, I'm off to read the covid thread from the beginning.
    Biggest belly laugh this site has given me in yonks 
    Wonder how far he got?
  • Sponsored links:

As I said on the other thread I think I read somewhere, SLP I think, that he didn’t feel in the right mindset, or words to that effect, to take charge. I assume being BG’s man he felt loyalty to him.
  • Is this the shittest we've ever been? I'm not even asking in a joking way. 
  • siblers said:
    Is this the shittest we've ever been? I'm not even asking in a joking way. 
    Only in the last 117 years . 
  • Posting without reading!
    How did we do tonight, any good?
  • That’s not even funny. 
    As I said on the other thread I think I read somewhere, SLP I think, that he didn’t feel in the right mindset, or words to that effect, to take charge. I assume being BG’s man he felt loyalty to him.
    .Imagine going into work one Monday and finding out the boss got sacked and saying "err well he took me on, so I need a week off to process it"

fffs

(yes that's an extra F - it means for fucks fucking sake!)
  • IdleHans said:
    Do Charlton return home tonight or stay in northwest until Saturday. 
    Serious question 
    I heard that they were staying up there.
    I hope they're camping 

• I hate to say it, but that performance was so awful - on so many levels - I think we’re nailed on for relegation. 
    There are so many things wrong with the team before you even contemplate the systematic dismantling of the club behind the scenes. 
    There was no heart in that performance. Is there any wonder when owner after owner has taken the scalpel to it time after time and now cut it out of the club. I think the years of mis management and dreadful ownership are going to catch up with us this season. Terrifying to think where that ends. 
    Look at a club like Bradford. Or Oldham. Or Wrexham. 
    We desperately need a mega rich lunatic who is happy to set fire to £200m to turn this around. 

• Just seen the result after having a decent night out for Xmas party. If it’s nor been said already, get f cked Sandgaard. 
  • The lack of f cks I give for this ownership has depleted severely over the last few weeks.