Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread (+post p30): FA Cup R2 replay: Stockport v Charlton, 7th Dec 2022

Comments

• And I thought Roland was bad, JFC.
  • See the source image
    He can stick that guitar up his arse.
  • edited December 2022
    @Airman Brown time to resurrect VOTV??
    time to resurrect CARD in my opinion.

(new name needed obvs)
  • @Airman Brown time to resurrect VOTV??

(new name needed obvs)
    CATS
  • Listened to the commentary as not on tv here. Probably a god send.

Shocking when you think these players get £1000's per week. 

Chin up people. We will still be around when these hopeless turds are gone. 

Banjo Bjorn, Chief turd.... fuck off and practice playing your banjo. You are one hopeless dick of a man when it comes to football. 

Thinking ahead. There's a window coming up, someone needs to assess who to move on loan or transfer, who to bring in. No manager to influence what type of player he wants so it's down to Banjo Bjorn's son isnt it? 

My god what a thought... 
  • @Airman Brown time to resurrect VOTV??

(new name needed obvs)
    CATS
    can't believe i spent an hour trying to find the words to make TWATS make sense when this was staring me at the face
  • Do Charlton return home tonight or stay in northwest until Saturday. 
    Serious question 
    Hopefully stay up there, and don't come back.
  • People blaming Hayes for tonight are deluded. 
    I would say they simply know nothing about football.
    After tonight's slamming by this board you just know we are going to win on Saturday.
    COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we at rock bottom, yet?
  • They put more effort in taking the knee than they do playing football.A bunch of cowards who always hide when the going gets tough.Mitchell and Dobson who didnt hide and showed the others what hard graft and passion is were the only 2 who come out of the game with any credit.
  • edited December 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Darren Bent bang on - Time and Resources to get promoted. 

Sandgaard takeover Sept 2020
    Bowyer - March 21 Sacked - 6 monthsish
    Jackson - 15/03/21-18/03/21 - 3 days
    Adkins 18/03/21 - 21/10/21 - 8 Months
    Jackson 21/10/21 - 03/05/22 - 7 months (almost)
    Garner 08/06/22 - 05/12/22 - 6 Months

Not ONE full season. 
    Not ONE well funded transfer window
    Not ONE Smartly resourced transfer window. 

NO TIME AND NO RESOURCES

Not ONE Sandgaard supporter left surely?

We pfaff around for a month prising Garner away from Swindon, presumably paying compensation, when we needed a quick start to move in the transfer market. We then fail to back him, leaving him with a lop sided squad, although some of the signings were undoubtedly his.
    Garner states, and I think it's true, that patience, and a couple of transfer windows will be needed to get the squad fully formed, and comfy with the new playing style. But the usual injuries kick in, we start promoting youngsters into a squad with no confidence, and results worsen, and in December, we sack the manager, bring in an untried coach while starting to look for a new manager to run the squad built by someone with their own football policy. Madness.
    Sandgaard has personally designed this mess. We now have the notoriously crap January window to shore up the team, but previous windows suggest we won't be doing that to the extent we need to.
    If TS is planning to stick around, he should look at the narrative he has written since April, admit he's responsible, and bring in professionals to take decisions (and clear out his family and chums). Like RD, there is no learning curve, and he needs to accept he has utterly fucked up.

• In fact, apart from the very poor passing and easy dispossession The one thing it really lacked out there was leadership not effort. They did not play as a team.

• edited December 2022
    If ever there was a night to pick a 4-4-2 with Aneke on the bench, last night was it. Asking Chin and Campbell to be wing backs in an away cup tie was asking for trouble. There was no defensive shape at all. JFC couldve easily played LB in a 4-4-2. 

All smacked of a deep and TBF probably justified worry that we are going to struggle badly over Xmas and were trying to keep players fresh/injury free for that, rather than win last night's game. 
  • edited December 2022
  • In a whole galaxy of inept performances, one stood out for me. I was shocked at how poor Payne was.
    Agree completely. He went to ground with every single contact. It was as if the whole Stockport side had contempt for him. Having said that, Chuks was donkey-slow and Kirk offered nothing. There were no balls coming through from Morgan or Campbell either. In fact, they were all atrocious, including MacGilliray who did at least make a couple of decent saves early on which probably prevented an even bigger hammering.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stockport from League 2 were 8/11 to win that game. 
    What makes it worse is the players did try ! but are just not good enough, as individuals or collectively.
    I said that is a home banker before KO and no one slagged me off because it was.
    The situation with having Aneke, CBT and Inniss as part-time players because they don't have the bodies or minds to play regular is unique to Charlton.
    The last 48 hours of the window meant we had no chance of top 6 and even top half once the mandatory injuries kicked in.
    The situation with JFC is ridiculous, he finally plays from the start and is rusty; Jake did try TBF but isn't match fit.
    This feels worse than when Jackson took over when we were in 22nd place last season as we knew he would galvanise the players to rise up to mid table, which we did.
    Some of you were deluded in thinking we could go from 22nd to 6th ! 
    Playing a 17 year old Mitchell at LB was cruel beyond belief as i didn't see him  use his Left foot even when running forward and he got booked as he tackled with his right foot not his left but at least the kid tried and came out the game with respect.
    Tough for Chin as well and he struggled all night. 
    The line ups in the last two matches have been as weak as i can remember with the team bereft of confidence. Even the ever willing  George Dobson struggled when he came on.

Thomas Sandgaard needs to be offered an exit plan before the clichés comes to fruition: "death by a thousand cuts."

The worse thing for me is the enjoyment that Matt Southall is getting from Thomas Sandgaard's inept running of Cafc, on and off the field.

Please don't say we have reached rock bottom because you must realize it can get much worse and League 2 could happen. It's December and we can't beat teams in the bottom 12 !
  • Croydon said:
    Would bet on our loanees being recalled in January as well
    Would miss Sessegnon but probably not Rak-Sakyi - he has been cack for the last ten games. 
  • That was the worst I have seen from Charlton in over 60 years of watching them! I can see league 2 looming for us. Who would even want to join a failing load of rubbish in January!
  • I could only bear to watch the first half, it was so obvious from that the result was only going one way. I don't want to say the club is on it's knees as financially we are nowhere near those dark days of ESI but playing wise it feels that way. It's pure mismanagement from the top and for me I think I might be done for a while. I've got some personal issues going on and I really don't need the stress of watching this crap adding to it so I'm sorry Varney but I won't be there for Brighton or any other game until he sells up or completely changes his approach and I know which of those is most likely.
  • Chuks (who i rate...as a sub) looked like a drunken sailor last night. Clumsy to the point where Omar Bogle would've been deemed as an improvement. 

He couldn't even get off the ground to win his defensive headers. Stockley will be straight back in and hopefully refreshed after his break. If he isn't, we're fucked. 
  • Where's our new manager bounce?

Oh!
  • I think Thomas has planned this , sack the manager , then the new owners,  can bring in there own men , Dennis Wise , comes to mind !!!!!

• I also gave up watching on TV at half time. It was clear we weren’t going to win.. In 60 years of support this is the worst state in which I have seen this club and that includes the years of exile from The Valley.
  • Do Charlton return home tonight or stay in northwest until Saturday. 
    Serious question 
    I heard that they were staying up there.
    Let's hope they don't come back