Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread (+post p30): FA Cup R2 replay: Stockport v Charlton, 7th Dec 2022

Comments

• Don’t think Chin had a bad game he made one mistake that cost us the killer goal … but he was excellent along with Laville and Michell but there lies the reason why we are in bad run not long ago we beat Shrewsbury Pompey and 4-4 Ipswich then we lost 3 of our 5 defensive players …second half was pretty even up-to the second goal ..it was difficult game before last few days and doubt there was much time to get his own ideas across althrough there was a slight change in style .. 
    keep going it will change hopefully we get that bit of luck on Saturday and it’s our day but it was a great test for the young players 

🤦‍♂️…please stop…!!!
  • That was worse than Northwich for me, at least with Northwich it was a poor performance l, I think tonight was about our level of capability....

Lowest I've ever felt in 27 years as a Charlton supporter
  • Are you Roland in disguise. 
  • so now we ask the question, who to blame? I say, Garner, bringing this club 6 feet under 😂
  • Do Charlton return home tonight or stay in northwest until Saturday. 
    Serious question 
    Serious question really?

I seriously cannot see tight Tommy paying out for three nights accommodation to keep them up there until Saturday 
  • See the source image
    Bloke make’s me sick.
    2 years ago lots on here were licking his arse.

Someone wanted to rip my head off & piss down my throat when I said last July (2021) that I couldn't see any difference between TS & RD. I still don't. In fact, RD at least spent money at times.

The difference is ,  you're so miserable , you enjoy that fact that we're shit whilst we all hate it. 
  • For me, Clare who is a seasoned professional and captain, scuffing the penalty spot to try and stop a Stockport player scoring, is a new low even for us. 

That is not the values we expect from our club. 

It shows how infested we are with an awful culture, real desperation and wretchedness. 

As with any organisation, the sole responsibility for culture lies with one person. The awful spineless snide two bob owner. 
    This goes back a lot longer than TS in my opinion - something is rotten in that dressing room and has been cultivated by terrible owners I agree though
  • JamesSeed said:
    Can we have Stockport’s manager please. They look way more solid and well drilled than us. 
    Team spirit counts for a lot, and they clearly have plenty, whereas we have zero.

It’ll all be fine when Stockley’s back. 
    You want someone who in his playing days ended on of our own players career as our Manager?
  • Dave2l said:
    Really feel for the loyal Addicks fans who made the trip. Hats off.

Agree

The time, money, effort and travel put in from loyal fans during troubling depressing times for the club.

They deserve so much better and just get treated like that.

With respect, the mental people who spend their money going to Stockport on a Wednesday night in December are the kind of fans who will support the club through thick and thin whatever the situation - they knew there was the possibility of it being a car crash tonight and don’t need our sympathy.

I’d venture to say that a lot of them are finding consolation in ticking off a new ground. I’d have considered it if it wasn’t for being there for Andy Hunt’s hat trick in 1999……

• Sponsored links:

• The players can’t get away with that sort of performance either.  If this club is going down the pan then they’re going down with it.  Bunch of spineless S****
  • Fumbluff said:
    Don’t think Chin had a bad game he made one mistake that cost us the killer goal … but he was excellent along with Laville and Michell but there lies the reason why we are in bad run not long ago we beat Shrewsbury Pompey and 4-4 Ipswich then we lost 3 of our 5 defensive players …second half was pretty even up-to the second goal ..it was difficult game before last few days and doubt there was much time to get his own ideas across althrough there was a slight change in style .. 
    keep going it will change hopefully we get that bit of luck on Saturday and it’s our day but it was a great test for the young players 

Nothing in that performance deserves the word excellent you clegnut
        Is Fumbluff Bluffing, having a laugh or just fucking deluded………we were playing Stockport County not fucking Man City.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎👎👎
  • Hayes interview…… is as clueless as that performance… he doesn’t have a fucking clue…… 
    Hayes is blameless for me, not his fault he’s been thrown in the deep end here with this useless squad!
    Of course he is! He’s a young coach thrown into the deep end by our dickhead owner because there’s no one else….
  • I watched Portugal last night so I sort of expected to have something short of that display but my word that was painful watching. 
    If that lot claim to pros there’s a chance for all of us to get a game at Charlton. 
  • edited December 2022
    Roland is a CNUT, but TS is an Idiotic CNUT.

Seriously, does anyone think that Roland was the worst owner ????

Sandgaard is destroying our club and never were we this bad under Roland.

That was a non league team in our kit with a window cleaner manager.

Absolute fecking disgrace.

HAYES is SUNDAY LEAGUE calibre, at best.

We are in deepest shite and I would rather we all boycott the games from now on to force him out.

• In a whole galaxy of inept performances, one stood out for me. I was shocked at how poor Payne was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not the lowest I've felt as a fan, but the least I've felt. Which is much more worrying.
  • @cafctom Hope the journey back is better.
  • edited December 2022
    My season ticket I bought in blind hope this season, will not be used again until Sandgaard goes. Yes I've wasted my money  but I'm not prepared to waste money on fuel and time any more. I'm done! 
    6 years of doing match threads, even during the RD reign and this tosser, who I supported, has finally done for me. 
    62 years of supporting this club....I'm fucked!
  • The only highlight tonight was after arriving at the game, my phone pinging because people had seen me, Dad, Sister & her boyfriend on telly

The night went downhill after that 

• Do Charlton return home tonight or stay in northwest until Saturday. 
    Serious question 
    Serious question really?

I seriously cannot see tight Tommy paying out for three nights accommodation to keep them up there until Saturday 
    I would not expect much fight on Saturday then. Feel sorry for the fans that have to travel.
    players back 2am tomorrow,light training session.
    same on Friday and travel up and stay overnight before game.

• Well, that's it for me.
    Well done Sandgaard. You have finally broken me.
    After 59 years, yes, fifty nine fucking years, sixty three away grounds and many thousands of pounds spent following Charlton, I can't bring myself to admit that this is my club.
    You make Michael Gliksten seem like a philanthropist. Get out of this club NOW!!!
    You are absolutely clueless. Out of your depth in a business about which you know nothing.
    Four managers in two years. Six months each. Four people who know more about football than you ever will. Just to make things clear for you, it's the game you call Soccer.
    Tonight was probably the worst performance I can remember, although fifty nine years equals a lot of games and I may have forgotten one.
    Clueless team selection from a novice with insufficient players at his disposal.
    Don't hide behind the injured players excuse. One or two of the youngsters have acquitted themselves well but we shouldn't be in the position of having to play them so early in their careers. That is down to you and your sewn up pockets.
    Cut your losses. Sell up. Keep practicing your guitar because your not good enough to make a living from that either.
    Rant over.
    Goodbye all. It was fun while it lasted.

I too have been a Charlton Fan nearly as long as you (1968) when as a little boy my dad took me to the Valley for the first time, been a season ticket hold since we went back to the Valley 
    but unlike you my friend I am not as polite as you have been about TS, our Rock n Roll wannabe Cunt of an owner.
    so TS do what the man said Fuck Off and leave our club alone 👎👎👎👎
  • Thank christ I now live in Portugal and didn’t go to that. Feel for my son, he went with a few County mates and just felt total embarrassment.

I really worry we’re heading towards footballing oblivion