Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread (+post p30): FA Cup R2 replay: Stockport v Charlton, 7th Dec 2022

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    Can we go any lower?
    Don't tempt fate JS.
  • could it be that our players and management team are so pissed of with Garner's sacking that the showed it by this awful performance ?
  • The criticism of Chin is really over the top. He was far from the worst player out there.
    I feel sorry for any kid being played alongside those "senior" players.
    You must have seen a different game. 
  • edited December 2022
    Useless display - we continue to get worse.

Hate most of these players.
  • The players know that they can't win games with the squad as it is. We need two more forwards and a full back, but as the great Guru Martin Sandgaard, the bloke who tried every football club in London to get a game and still got fucked off, knows we don't need forwards or obviously goals. 
  • Sponsored links:

• could it be that our players and management team are so pissed of with Garner's sacking that the showed it by this awful performance ?
    No. 

That would be stupid and could be grounds for dismissal. 
  • Now that things are going to start whipping up against TS and the atmospheres are going to get toxic, these players are about to realise how easy they’ve been getting it from the fans.
  • Macronate said:
    We are light years behind the teams that trotted out when Duchatelet was at the helm.
    Absolutely spot on.  
  • The only way that we won't be playing Stockport in the league next season is if they fail to get promoted.
    Sadly, I think you're wrong there.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    could it be that our players and management team are so pissed of with Garner's sacking that the showed it by this awful performance ?
    No. 

That would be stupid and could be grounds for dismissal. 
    Dismissal? Footballers? It's not like real life, you know.
  • BAG OF SHITE!

• Bleak.

We're a fucking mess from top to bottom on and off the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t think Chin had a bad game he made one mistake that cost us the killer goal … but he was excellent along with Laville and Michell but there lies the reason why we are in bad run not long ago we beat Shrewsbury Pompey and 4-4 Ipswich then we lost 3 of our 5 defensive players …second half was pretty even up-to the second goal ..it was difficult game before last few days and doubt there was much time to get his own ideas across althrough there was a slight change in style .. 
    keep going it will change hopefully we get that bit of luck on Saturday and it’s our day but it was a great test for the young players 

Nothing in that performance deserves the word excellent you clegnut
  • I hope the players are embarrassed at how bad they are...
  • edited December 2022
    Harsh on the youngsters to say it’s the worst team ever.

However many of the more senior players haven’t got the balls or the heart to get us out of this. The likes of Kirk, Blackett-Taylor, DJ and Aneke are just passengers drifting along whilst their careers peter away. 
    I wouldn’t say that players like Morgan, Payne, Lavelle and Innis don’t give 100%, the problem is that they’re just not very good. 

We say this every season but the squad needs a complete overhaul. Ain’t happening any time soon though is it? Most of these chumps have got long contracts which was apparently considered sensible at the time….
  • Really feel for the loyal Addicks fans who made the trip. Hats off.

Agree

The time, money, effort and travel put in from loyal fans during troubling depressing times for the club.

They deserve so much better and just get treated like that.

• Can we have Stockport’s manager please. They look way more solid and well drilled than us. 
    Team spirit counts for a lot, and they clearly have plenty, whereas we have zero.

It’ll all be fine when Stockley’s back. 
  • supaclive said:
    Why not start Dobson, CBT, Fraser, Rak Saki?

Get 3-1 up and take them off
    We disrespected Stockport, the travelling fans and us sat at home watching that bollox.
    What has happened with Chuks? I mean genuinely. He's a professional athelete who can't do his job.

I am really at a loss for more words now.

Try. Because everything you have said is 100% right.