Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• Well wish the guy the best of luck, but by god he is going to need a lot more than luck to get us out of this terrible situation. The main criteria for me is will he be given any financial resources to  rebuild the team, in January, and if he is still here in the summer?. I appreciate we are not going to get  a seasoned manager, I mean who in there right mind want to come to this club at the moment?

Frankly, unless significant investment is put into the team, and several players moved on I fear not only for our status in this league, let alone getting back to the Championship. 
    With the current owner, and lease arrangement with RD the investment will need to be  very significant, let alone the rebuild of this team.

I am afraid I have lost all confidence in the current  owner, who promised a golden future, and I can only assume is looking for a way out.?  ...... if he had any sense. Clearly his vision and football management as well as choice of managers has been at best  underwhelming.

It has often been difficult to be a CAFC supporter in my 60 odd years as man and boy, we can but hope that things change, not with false messiahs, billionaire owners, and unrealistic pipe dreams that have been promised over the past years. 

• Is Amanda his Mum?
  • edited December 2022
    Chunes said:
    No it's Amanda ffs...🤷‍♂️
  • You'd get a good price for it on ebay
  • Is Amanda his Mum?

• Andy Scott? Wasn’t that the bloke from the Cillit Bang adverts ten years ago?
    Hi I’m Barry Scott and this is Cillit Bang!
  • edited December 2022
    In amongst all this nonsense I’d quite like to see a proper structure in place (CEO/DOF/CFO) and then Garner re-instated and given a fair shot - I.e funds to work with! At times I think we showed promise but working through such a toxic and unsettled environment with complete lark of experience above must have been so frustrating! 
  • Sponsored links:

• How do we know he's a 'defensive manager' btw?
  • Think I might end up with a banning order tomorrow night!
    Only if you’re lucky! 
  • I Give up. who are these people ??
  • edited December 2022
    Leuth said:
    Well, we'd better get used to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI04WqdLaYM
    What an inspiration....🙄🥱
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope he can sort our defence out 
    We’d be as well with the Shake and Vac woman. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Leuth said:
    Well, we'd better get used to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI04WqdLaYM
    I thought you were better than cheap LOLs!

Looks like a man who ran out of ideas and he was sacked only a few days later. His run at the end at Bristol City was obviously unacceptable but taken in the context of an entire season, he left them 13th in the table after 30 games played. More than solid.

They sacked him and replaced him with Nigel Pearson, a bloke who was definitely going to rebuild and get them promoted…

Almost two years later and right now they are sitting in 18th after finishing 19th (falling from 13th) and 17th the last two seasons. Maybe Holden wasn’t the problem after all?

Seems like he did an ok job at the level above, in my opinion. They did go on a really poor run and no manager survives those in modern football but hopefully he’ll have learned from it.

Taking my Charlton goggles off, I’d say it’s a good appointment for a team sitting in the bottom half of League One.
    A new manager, whoever that may be, is largely immaterial when the club is set up to fail from within.

It’s like constantly changing the tires on a car with no engine and wondering why it won’t start. 

Agreed but that’s a separate argument. Only here to defend Holden’s credentials, not the club as a whole, which is a shambles.
  • Haha, pretty cheap of me I agree. He actually seems, as promised, quite dignified and likeable at least
  • mogodon said:
    It took Duchatalet less than a year to start making desperate managerial appointments. It's taken Sangaard two years, so I guess that constitutes an improvement.

when the fun stops, stop ??
  • Holy mother forking shirtballs - his record at Stoke was outstanding!

😎 Chill out everyone