Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: PORT VALE V CHARLTON ATHLETIC / SATURDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2022 3.00pm KO

Comments

• Options
    I have said many times, I saw this with Stockley at Preston. He is playing by numbers and needs a break. We know he is better than this but it isn't helping him playing in a system that doesn't suit him with zero confidence. But there are not any options but to start him!
    How does this not suit him? We got crosses in. He didn't challenge for them. What formation would suit him?
  • Options
    Thank god for the better teams in this league who try to beat us as they play to our strengths. Otherwise relegation would beckon.
  • Options
    There are always other options. I would play literally anyone upfront than Stockley atm. It is like playing with 10 men with him in the team, actually it's worse as all he does is give away fouls or give the ball away
  • Options
    Garner has shown in performances this season with a full squad what he can be capable of with this team. 

Problem is once we miss one or two players, we look crap because our depth is way way below what is required. 

Sound like a broken record but first 60 minutes we have to play with ten men every single game because of our poor excuse for a striker up top. 

Come January we need to spend. Will TS actually make an investment or wait to finish lower midtable again and blame the manager for it? 
    Sort of.  We had 3 wins on the spin that coincided with Aneke’s return, but for the most part, we’ve had a sub par season with the main group of players, coming in interchangeably for one another depending on form.  

We’ll never have a fully fit or full squad due to injuries and suspensions so we have to accept it’s not going to be any higher than midtable as you say.  To be honest, even if this squad was fully available and Aneke could start every game, I’m not sure there’s enough about them.

My first away game of the season today.  I was surprised at the support for this one, didn’t think there would be as many and I thought it was a good turnout.  

Watching the game, I thought both teams were poor with their final ball, but they did deserve it overall.  You’re right and I agree with you and others about Stockley.  I don’t mean to be too disrespectful, but he’s appalling.  If he’s genuinely stuffed physicality then that’s unfortunate, but I don’t believe that given how he starts every game.  It’s embarrassing.  We might as well have 10 men.

The season will continue to play out like this.  The longer term worry is the potential for decline now TS has given up investing 
  • Options
    Garner has shown in performances this season with a full squad what he can be capable of with this team. 

Problem is once we miss one or two players, we look crap because our depth is way way below what is required. 

Sound like a broken record but first 60 minutes we have to play with ten men every single game because of our poor excuse for a striker up top. 

Come January we need to spend. Will TS actually make an investment or wait to finish lower midtable again and blame the manager for it? 
    This has been the same problem since our last year in The Championship. 

I don't know if we pick up more injuries than other similar clubs or whether this is just accentuated by the lack of depth in the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Port vale were the worst team I’ve seen this season…..which says everything about our performance.
  • Options
    Until we sack Stockley off, and have o’connel back- we won’t be winning many games.

lavelle is piss poor, and partnered by innis- is a disaster waiting to happen. 
  • Options
    Utter tripe.
  • Options
    What a great day!

The hattrick of shite is on.

Cricket gubbed by the convicts

Charlton predictably shite

Anyone seen the latest  from Twickers?

• Options
    That was dire to watch from start to finish, we looked knackered, despite having a game free week. What on earth did they do in training all fucking week? TS needs to forget about far fetched plans of Prem League and work out how we are going to get out of this godforsaken League (upwards by the way).
    We need a huge injection of cash in January to get at least 1 LB, a brand new striker (that is fit and can score), and a new CD. I would also start JFC and Payne, Dobbo has played poorly the last few games and needs a rest.
    Forget about trying to win the Pizza trophy, its a nothing competition, put the kids out in that team
    Overall this club is going nowhere if we keep the status quo. 
    I was a huge supporter of TS when he first came in....and gave him the benefit of the doubt for a year or so....BUT he now needs to decide.....support Garner in January or move aside for someone who will!! (Anyone know of any 'lurking buyers at the moment?)
    Am I buying a stream for Tuesday....NO! Glad I didn't buy the £70 package..., these players are embarrassing and I agree with Brownie...the players need to apologise for that performance..it was fucking atrocious!!
    And I'll be really annoyed if they go on twitter and say..." and we go again on Tuesday".....why didn't they go TODAY!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Off_it said:
    And Port Vale do have depth do they?

Fucking joke of a comment.
    No they dont... Along with the majority of teams at this level

Thankfully for us, Shrewsbury have dropped to 16th which doesnt make our record of wins look that bad (they're the only team we've beaten in the bottom half of the table so far) - But what they're doing, same with most teams at this level, who do have inferior squads, is they get themselves organised (a key word, as its something that has been extremely lacking for too much of our season again), and ensure we cant break them down... Even that would be harsh against Port Vale who deserved to win more than 1-0.

Yes we do need more depth in our squad, so that we can comfortably rotate when we need to

But I'd love to know why we think depth would help us beat these teams, even when we've not been able to use tiredness as an excuse, as we've not been able to win these games in the first place (when player for player we've had a better team) - So why depth should matter is an lame excuse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute rubbish. Garner, way too negative. Our owner is a skinflint. But Garner should be getting more out of the squad that he has. 
    Piss poor. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    And Port Vale do have depth do they?

Fucking joke of a comment.
    This is what gets to me. Every week we’re told that players are tired, we don’t have the depth, playing kids etc but have the likes of Forest Green, Cambridge, Fleetwood, Burton, Accrington, Port Vale (I could go on) really got huge squads? 

They must all being doing something right because we couldn’t beat any of them!
  • Options
    Left it an hour and I'm still stewing after that performance. We were horrendous.

The main problem for me is this system with Stockley in it. The whole team looked f**d by the end of the first half and for me, that is largely because they have to carry Stockley for the entirety of the half. He offers absolutely f**k all.
    Can't run. Has the turning circle akin to HMS invincible. Can't win headers. Can't hold the ball up. The persistence on including him in this side is costing us big. The amount of energy expelled by the rest of the side to try and accommodate him is significant. It cannot carry on.
    That's very harsh........on HMS Invincible!!!   :D  :D
  • Options
    My son texted and said the stats looked depressing.
    I replied watching the stats was probably more exciting than watching the actual game.

Woeful performance