Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: PORT VALE V CHARLTON ATHLETIC / SATURDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2022 3.00pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Said on here before but things are so bad I can see us in Div 2 in a couple of years.

So depressing. 
    I'm with you on that. Probably not this season but since relegation 3 seasons ago we are getting worse & worse. If something doesn't change soon then League 2 is a great possibility. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Jesus man, take some accountability yourself. From watching the stream I'd say there was only one team looking to score..... and it wasn't us. 

I said on the match thread that their midfielders actually looked like they wanted to run with the ball & make something happen. PV might not have created much more than us but they looked more threatening when they had the ball. There's no point us having 65% of the ball if all we are going to do with it is pass it around the back 5. We have got to be quicker with it & more direct. Need to use the pace of JRS & CBT & get decent balls into the box. Sess was our best player & he at least tried running at them & getting some crosses in. 
  • Options
    I don't get the Garner defence. The WHOLE team look absolutely shocking.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    My theory is that McGrandles was added before the owner decided to stop spending. If this is true, then obviously Garner was told lies. Why is that my theory? Well we had enough midfielders at that time and we surely wouldn't be adding to them if we had to lose players to bring players in, in positions where we were very short, which is obviously what the situation was at the end of the window.
  • Options
    Are we any better off than this time 12 months ago? League position is exactly the same now as it was then as is the points total (Plus one extra this season) 

I’ve lost track on how many comments Garner has made re budgets, recruitment etc. It won’t make the blindest bit of difference. You have had the wool
    pulled over your eyes like the rest of us, so it’s either case of jacking it in or trying to make the best of what you have available to you. 

Maybe he did Jackson a favour, the owner 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I think with two or three good additions we would be one of the best in the league. We will give Brighton a good game because they will try to beat us. I know Port Vale and Mk Dons tried a bit but not really that much, they merely stopped us as a priority and allowed us to beat ourselves. That isn't a criticism of them, it is absolutely the best way to play about us because despite us scoring some goals recently, we are rubbish at breaking through mildly competent packed defences. Accrington played very negatively for a home side against us too, but we fortunately managed to draw that. 
  • Options
    Woeful. Not one player came out of it with credit except maybe AMB.

We just watched PV. Didn’t lay a glove on them. You can be shit but lack of urgency and effort as a professional footballer is unforgivable. We were also cowardly. JRS constantly turning back to Clare who I thought had a total stinker. 

And as much as Stockley is a good guy, he’s playing the worse football of his career with us. Can’t hold it up, head it, pass or shoot. Should be rested but we can’t bank on Chuks.

This season is a cup run then. Bomb out of those three in the next rounds and it’s going to feel a very long year following this lot 

• Options
    I don't blame Garner. I think he could be a good manager for us but he needs a bit of support. Basically we started the season offensively with Stockley and a hope that an unproven kid could support him alongside a decent striker who when fit cant play more than 30 minutes. Is that Garner's fault or Sandgaard's fault? To me it is obviously Sandgaard's fault.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, it looks things might come to a head sooner than we thought....in an unedifying shit-slinging competition involving people at the club scrambling to blame each other for the festering pile of toss that our once great club has become.

At least we have the upcoming festival of football humanity in the desert to restore some dignity to the beautiful game and take our minds off things....LOL
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Are we any better off than this time 12 months ago? League position is exactly the same now as it was then as is the points total (Plus one extra this season) 

I’ve lost track on how many comments Garner has made re budgets, recruitment etc. It won’t make the blindest bit of difference. You have had the wool
    pulled over your eyes like the rest of us, so it’s either case of jacking it in or trying to make the best of what you have available to you. 

With Jackson here now we would be worse off. Fact
    Possibly but stating it’s a fact, well who knows. 
    Granted fact might be strong but looking where Afc are in L2 its a strong possibility.
  • Options
    We needed to score first, which would have made them open up more, they just parked the bus from the off and waited for us to give them the ball, which we were only too pleased to do, we just had no idea how to break down the white wall in front of us, it was embarrassing and annoying to watch.
    Why Ben didn't change things up at half time is beyond belief, but it was more of the same, with sadly the inevitable result of them taking another gift to score a well taken goal, once more against a non existent defence, January can't come soon enough and a time to hopefully clear out the shite and get some players in who want to play for the shirt...🤞🤞🤞

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Lets get Gunter, Matthews and Gilbey back!

Jackson is currently in a midtable League Two side with the likes of Gunter and Davison. 

We played pub football last season, no thank you to round two of that stuff. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

With Jackson here now we would be worse off. Fact
    Possibly but stating it’s a fact, well who knows. 
    Granted fact might be strong but looking where Afc are in L2 its a strong possibility.
    Wimbledon and Charlton are in similar positions in their divisions, but they're one of the form teams and rising up the table. 

Not saying I want Jacko back btw, but good to see things improving for him there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have said many times, I saw this with Stockley at Preston. He is playing by numbers and needs a break. We know he is better than this but it isn't helping him playing in a system that doesn't suit him with zero confidence. But there are not any options but to start him!
    Didn’t watch today but based on previous games I’ve seen it would help if he actually appeared to be trying, stopped throwing his arms around in a strop all the time and stopped blaming his teammates for everything. And Captain? What a joke.
  • Options
    Is Simon Church available? 
  • Options
    A few folk saying AMB had no chance with the goal. 
    He dives too parallel to the goal, an angular dive to cover the far post properly and he would have got it. 
    Basic goalkeeping stuff, but with 3 defenders in front of him letting a striker get a shot away - the problems are much deeper than ANB positioning. 

64% possession and only 1 shot on target tells the story - failing tactics by a group who are not that bothered. Another year in this poxy division looks a certainty unless Garner faces reality and starts CBT and Chucks instead of the under-achieving Kirk and hopeless Stockley. 

Harsh words but the facts and stats don’t lie. 
    Mid table
    Can’t beat low quality teams
    One away win
    Bad discipline 
    9 goals conceded in the last 3 games
    etc etc etc. 
  • Options
    Is Simon Church available? 
    Shirley Temple
  • Options
    Lavelle wasn't as bad today as he was last week but that's three games running that a forward has run at him, gotten a shot away and scored 
  • Options
    AMB had a good game and should take no blame at all for the goal, totally let down by the disappearing defence in front of him..
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Thing is Benny boy, WE expected different from YOU when you joined the club as well.

So just get on with doing your job and stop whining like a child.
    Behave. 
    He's been shafted by banjo boy.
    The buck stops with Sandgaard 
    Exactly 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So TS is right that we had a top six budget, a bigger budget than last season too just that he hasn’t let Ben have access to it. Time will tell if anything changes in January spending wise but I just can’t see it. TS will probably instead decide its Ben’s fault and the merry go round starts again. Nothing will essentially change until TS leaves. Ben is right in what he said above.