Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: PORT VALE V CHARLTON ATHLETIC / SATURDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2022 3.00pm KO

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    What puzzles me with the team’s performances is that it’s either Garnerball or shyteball - we have played at times some really attractive football against good teams and look unbeatable. And then there’s the flip side where they’ve churned up substandard football with lack of effort against the mediocre teams. Anyone care to exam why?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    What puzzles me with the team’s performances is that it’s either Garnerball or shyteball - we have played at times some really attractive football against good teams and look unbeatable. And then there’s the flip side where they’ve churned up substandard football with lack of effort against the mediocre teams. Anyone care to exam why?
    If only someone could.🤨
  • Options
    Do you think that Garner knows how to break down a team that has 10 men behind the ball ? 
  • Options
    Do you think that Garner knows how to break down a team that has 10 men behind the ball ? 
    Try and keep it level going into the final 30 and throw on Aneke 
  • Options
    I made a mistake earlier.
    We have Plymouth Away tomorrow evening in the silly buggers cup, and then an U21 game against Fulham on Wednesday.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    clb74 said:
    bobmunro said:
    I went yesterday - dreadful - like their ground though 

What on earth was going on outside the ground afterwards, Police everywhere, and scuffling with fans (mainly Charlton ones from what I can make out) ???
    What was the agg all about , was it Charlton fan’s anger after that crap that  Glad all fucking over was being played , over zealous old bill, local northern Herbert’s on the wind up … all of the above 

What I saw as I left the ground was pissed off Charlton fans rather than pissed up - the police were very heavy handed (and there were lots of them) - almost like they were hoping for aggro.

My missus was two miles away in the car waiting for me and my eldest and our anger had just about gone by the time we had walked that two miles. Didn't see any trouble at all as we walked away.
    At times its like our lot go to a different game.
    The old bill were quite pleasant outside when we left on 84minutes.
    Wished us on our way , pointed us in the direction we might be able to pick a cab up aswell.
    Luckily enough cab there and was able to get the 17.13 back to London.

We left about 15 minutes later as the players went off.

I has no issue with the police, smiles and pleasantries exchanged - but an old fart like me doesn't exactly present them with a challenge! There just seemed to be a lot of them, but I believe PV games are routinely fairly heavily policed.
    Vale are a very lively and active bunch of Herbert’s, plus we had a notable risk group attend on a coach, which had not gone unnoticed by there lot or the local ob. The ob presence outside the away end after was to stop our group attempting to leave the away compound. It worked.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Garner does have to ifentify why we are worse away. I would say there is a definite pattern of weaker teams being ultra cautious and us being a bit more cautious away which is a problem. At home you can't generally play with the lack of ambition we showed in Saturday's match against a home team determined to get bodies behind the ball and nick a goal and not get booed. I suspect that if we were a bit more gung ho and attacked games more away, we would have gained more points.

If we are playing a team that has no interest in putting us under pressure, do we really need two centre halves for instance. These are things Garner should be thinking about. At the end of the game he had Dobson playing as a quasi centre half and this may be the way against the more negative teams as they do seem to be our biggest issue. I'm not saying we are great and we don't have other issues but a glaring problem night require a radical solution. Especially with the attacking shortcomings we currently have and the likliehood we will concede the sort of goal we did on Saturday however few chances our opponents have. And we have to remember that many of the teams we play are not that good.
  • Options
    I consortium of dentists?
    Certainly something to get there teeth into.....

Sorry :smiley:
  • Options
    Ýý
  • Sponsored links: