Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: PORT VALE V CHARLTON ATHLETIC / SATURDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2022 3.00pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Mid table at best...let's not dress it up...phew..
  • Options
    I had no intention of going to that game.  I must have been psychic.
  • Options

An absolutely dismal and spineless performance. We hardly won a second ball all afternoon and created practically nothing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many misplaced passes from a Charlton team.

More feeble defending from Inniss and Lavelle for their goal and you can never fancy this side to keep a clean sheet.

Given the level we’re playing at and the poor quality of the opposition, that was as bad a performance I’ve seen from Charlton for a long time. Abysmal stuff and many more performances like that will see Garner coming under pressure.

• Options
    Is this better than NA or JJ?

It makes me feel more sorry for them but I'm not going to blame Garner
  • Options
    ...and respect for diehard fans who made the long journey to witness that...
  • Options
    What a depressing watch that was….a Sunday league pitch and team. Looked like a dark depressing place which is where we are as a club. Nasty little bastards like Smith and Benning who in my day I would have gone right thru. No fight in this team. I give up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Garner has shown in performances this season with a full squad what he can be capable of with this team. 

Problem is once we miss one or two players, we look crap because our depth is way way below what is required. 

Sound like a broken record but first 60 minutes we have to play with ten men every single game because of our poor excuse for a striker up top. 

Come January we need to spend. Will TS actually make an investment or wait to finish lower midtable again and blame the manager for it? 
    There is absolutely nothing to suggest he will make any significant investment in the squad. I have zero expectation.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Appalling. We don't even have the simple skills of controlling the ball. Can’t make an accurate pass to our man ten yards away. We can’t tackle: pathetic weaklings. We have absolutely no idea of clever forward movement – either on or off the ball. We are utterly dreary: physically slow, and mentally dim. Outplayed by a team in the fourth division last year. Rubbish.

• Options
    I feel for the guys on Charlton TV. I love watching them apart from Brownie who can be annoying at times. Having to watch this shite and then to analyse it. 
  • Options
    Port Vale lost heavily last week so went very defensive We should have gone for them but we were happy to fart about painfully passing it about five yards or less. Our defence is so crap, they were always going to get a goal from somewhere and we sleepwalked into it. AMB didn't have a save to make but If I was an opposing manager playing us I would go defensive as we have trouble breaking teams down. 

• Options
    Well, that was bloody dire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crap,total,crap,they got every second ball,seconds before their guy scored I burst my lungs at the screen,"dont let him shoot"fuck it what do I know ,let us three defenders follow him the width of the box and shoot when he wanted to.Final 2 minutes , a corner,straight into the keepers hands,appalling,not even sunday morning on blackheath would you see that.A bit livelier when Payne etc.came on,but he missed a sitter,probably our only decent chance of the game.I have had it,I defend this team week in and out,really pissed off with what I saw today,and Really,i Could not give a toss now.A special mention for our skipper,the worst half I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

We're  SHITE!

• Options
    Awful match from start to finish. Stockley has gone from being a fairly decent striker at this level, to someone who looks like they should be playing non league.

Thank fuck we've got a bit of a break from League footie.
  • Options
    I have said many times, I saw this with Stockley at Preston. He is playing by numbers and needs a break. We know he is better than this but it isn't helping him playing in a system that doesn't suit him with zero confidence. But there are not any options but to start him!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    ct_addick said:
    Yet again people pointing fingers at the wrong person.

It is not Garner's fault he is stuck with Stockley as his only striker. 

It is not Garner's fault he is stuck with Lavelle as our defensive cover. 

It is not Garner's fault that he only has 5/6 decent players in his entire squad and outside of that they're barely lower League one level. 

Look at the scouting department and TS specifically for the reason why we have dross like Lavelle, Stockley, Jaiyesimi, Gilbey and a bunch of kids to run a side with. 
    Disagree….he’s not motivating them from the start. Plus can’t play tippy tippy shit at the back on a pitch like that. Game was crying out for 2 forwards and go direct. Talks the talk and holds his hands up after every game but that soon gets old. 
    We haven't got two forwards to go direct to.  Even if we wanted to.