Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Do the Ghana fans sing "we've got more Ayews than you"?
  • edited November 2022
    Didn't see South Korea's 0-0 but Ghana should've got a Desmond against Portugal but the Tom Daley dive won the game for Ronaldo and co.

Will Ghana gets the breaks today and come to the WC Partey ?
  • Massively against the run of play, but one of my mates has Ghanaian parents and is at the game so I’m supporting them!
  • I'm glad it wasn't disallowed, but surely by the letter of the law currently it should have been. Strange decision for me.
  • JP having a good commentary game with his impeccable pronunciations and I'm partial to a 'discombobulated'.

Yet again a different interpretation of what constitutes a hand ball by a forward in the built up to a 'goal'.
  • South Korea getting punished for not making that early dominance pay.
  • Eight goals already today - been waiting a while for this!
  • They’ve just said that if the player who handled the ball had scored, it would have been disallowed.
    Is it just me, or does this make absolutely no sense? 
    Is it handball or not? Surely that’s the only consideration?

I’ve no axe to grind here as I have no preference for whether that gets disallowed or not, but this seems like a strange rule to me.
  • Ghana's Inaki Williams hasn't missed a game for Bilbao for over 6 years, incredible record for an outfield player in the modern day game.

Guaranteed if he rocked up at Charlton, he'd be injured within a month.
  • edited November 2022
    Eight goals already today - been waiting a while for this!
    There were 12 goals on day 2! (And only three games that day!)
  • Sponsored links:

• They’ve just said that if the player who handled the ball had scored, it would have been disallowed.
    Is it just me, or does this make absolutely no sense? 
    Is it handball or not? Surely that’s the only consideration?

I’ve no axe to grind here as I have no preference for whether that gets disallowed or not, but this seems like a strange rule to me.
    That's happened in the PL as well, it's a dubious rule, but then the handball rules are a shambles now!
  • The World Cup today is fucking nuts
  • Great header. Another completely unexpected comeback
  • Joe would have caught it
  • Serbia/Cameroon was a terrific game .. pity that it looks as though neither will qualify from their group .. now Korea/Ghana providing similar excitement
  • 2 goal leads aren't what they used to be.

Magic Monday.
  • The 2 "dull on paper" Monday games have been crackers. You can guarantee that the Brazil and Portugal games will be snoozefests now!
  • An assist for Williams there  :D
  • Both cracking games so far today 
  • great dummy
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Chunes said:
    I think Ghana will go 2-0 goals up but then Korea will score 2 goals quickly via Cho. Kudus will put Ghana 3-2 up again around 68 mins... Just a prediction.......
    ☝️Good call that man
  • Cleared off the line to stop the 12th goal in 2 matches.
  • Monday is The best day for goals.

78 goals so far…
    23 of them scored on Mondays.
    😎

(I know, more Monday games so far, but still…)
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    I think Ghana will go 2-0 goals up but then Korea will score 2 goals quickly via Cho. Kudus will put Ghana 3-2 up again around 68 mins... Just a prediction.......
    ☝️Good call that man
    😂
    Nice try.
  • The chances keep falling to Korea's left back
  • edited November 2022
    Serbia defend a 3-2 lead near the half way whereas Ghana defend with 11 behind the ball.
  • I've never seen a side so dominate added time so much, 10 minutes of one sided pressure 
  • Ben Garner gets another red card  :D
  • What a day of football. Been brilliant World Cup so far.
  • Taylor should've played another 30 seconds at the end, no wonder the coach was upset. Ghana player down getting treated for well over a minute.