Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Finish work just in time for the Brazil match, have have I missed anything? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Finish work just in time for the Brazil match, have have I missed anything? 
    After the excitement today, it'll be
    Brazil 1 Switzerland 0
    Portugal 0 Uruguay 0
  • just seen the Ghana 3rd goal, surely it was offside .. the final pass was forwards to a Ghanaian who's well in front of the last Serb ??
  • edited November 2022
    Reckon the pace will slow right down for this Brazil game, maybe a 1-0 or 2-0 like against Serbia.

Portugal Uruguay feels like it could be a slog too with niggly fouls and theatrics abound.
  • edited November 2022
    just seen the Ghana 3rd goal, surely it was offside .. the final pass was forwards to a Ghanaian who's well in front of the last Serb ??
    If you mean the 3rd Cameroon goal, the goalscorer was behind the ball when his team mate crossed it
  • just seen the Ghana 3rd goal, surely it was offside .. the final pass was forwards to a Ghanaian who's well in front of the last Serb ??
    ?

If you mean the 3rd Cameroon goal, the goalscorer was behind the ball when his team mate crossed it
    yes, Cameroon, getting my West Africans mixed up .. you're right .. made a right mess of that did I not  :#  
  • Racist as bad as Keown mixing up Canada and USA.
  • I've never seen a side so dominate added time so much, 10 minutes of one sided pressure 

Ghana's Centre backs were class though.
  • Good to see South Korea banging in the crosses rather than passing it to death and getting nowhere.
  • God I cant wait for Brazil to be knocked out at the Group stages losing to Switzerland and Cameroon

Fed up of the love fest from the BBC and ITV now
  • Sponsored links:

• Kane and Son, 0 goals in 2 games
    Richarlison 2 goals in 1 game
  • Kane and Son, 0 goals in 2 games
    Richarlison 2 goals in 1 game
    2 assists for kane tho. He will come alive.
  • God I cant wait for Brazil to be knocked out at the Group stages losing to Switzerland and Cameroon

Fed up of the love fest from the BBC and ITV now

Disagree, They have been the outstanding side since the WC started back in 1930.
    They have been shite as well with the horror show in the semi final when Germany slaughtered them.
    No respect during the 100 minutes if opposition but we pay homage in every sport to the best and Brazil have been contenders since the beginning and the only team to qualify in every world Cup. 

Respect to past Players but this present team can be beaten.
  • So sick of the commentators wanking themselves off over Brazil. 
  • edited November 2022
    iaitch said:
    Good to see South Korea banging in the crosses rather than passing it to death and getting nowhere.
    Technically they still got nowhere doing what they did 😬
  • One thing that struck me from the second match of the day. I don’t think Cho Gue-sung will be playing in South Korea for much longer. Looked a real talent.
  • Brazil's bench is better than most countries first XI.

Ederson, Fabinho, Bruno Guimaraes, Jesus, Martinelli, Rodrygo, Antony amongst their subs. 

I'd love to know how Tite looks through that squad though and thinks 'yes i'll start Fred'.
  • One thing that struck me from the second match of the day. I don’t think Cho Gue-sung will be playing in South Korea for much longer. Looked a real talent.
    Looked like an old fashioned English centre forward
  • Sponsored links:

• Any free kick in the opposing half, that doesnt result in the ball entering the oppo penalty area really pisses me off
  • Their midfield play for united, striker struggles to get a game at spurs and their playmaker plays for West Ham. Put on a Brazil shirt and everyone goes mad. They’re a fantastic side but beatable.
    100%
  • Their midfield play for united, striker struggles to get a game at spurs and their playmaker plays for West Ham. Put on a Brazil shirt and everyone goes mad. They’re a fantastic side but beatable.
    Agreed, and i think their defence isn't all that and will struggle against better sides. Dani Alves made their squad and he's nearly 40 and playing in Mexico.

But i think it's their strength in depth that makes them so good. They have the option to bring on 5 great players if they're struggling in a game.
  • Brazil's bench is better than most countries first XI.

Ederson, Fabinho, Bruno Guimaraes, Jesus, Martinelli, Rodrygo, Antony amongst their subs. 

I'd love to know how Tite looks through that squad though and thinks 'yes i'll start Fred'.
    I would say that England's second string side would probably get through qualifying and most of our bench would start for most other countries.

I agree it's a puzzler how you would come up with Fred as the answer but it's amazing how many managers do.  I think all managers become more "conservative" the longer they are managers for.  
    Full backs aren't great either. 
  • Lee Dixon will need a hammer and chisel to get his pants off later - anybody would think he is Brazilian. 
  • Weird one in that normally I'd go for the underdog, but I'd rather Brazil win here givne they'll almost certainly beat Cameroon, and it'll make Switzerland v Serbia a more interesting game if Serbia just need to win, not also worry about goal difference etc.
  • Didn't realise Shaquiri is only 31.

Feels like he's been around for years.
  • Brazil look shite against Switzerland
  • So sick of the commentators wanking themselves off over Brazil. 
    Are you telling me you’ve never wanked yourself off over a Brazilian?