Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• France are looking average... Although are passing as patiently as we did yesterday
  • Fun whilst it lasted
  • France are looking average... Although are passing as patiently as we did yesterday
    Kermits 1 Socceroos 1

I think the Aussie skipper needs a bit more sandpaper to hand.
  • Maynard Brewer would have saved... would have got concussion from that
    Yeah this is bullshit, they're playing exactly like us yesterday

Just quietly passing around till they find an opening
  • Australia doing a Charlton 
  • the Arab nations are pretty much playing on home turf, I expect the Saudi players are on very big wages, they've been drilled for months, are very committed as well as being pretty skilful and as fit at butcher's dogs .. IF the Argies has played with as much commitment and organisation, they would not have lost this one.
    Tunisia ? .. most of the team play at a high level in Europe, I suspect a few were born in Europe as well. The same applies to them as to Saudi, playing for their turf (sand lol?) and pride.
    Senegal were not as good on the day as Holland, yet were still really only beaten because of fragile goalkeeping. So far all the teams except the bedraggled Iranis have looked well organised and committed. Time for a cliché .. there will be NO easy games at this World Cup  :)
    Demonstrably false - England didn't have any real trouble v Iran, 6-2 isn't a lucky, flukey scoreline.
  • All those hours of watching the Charlton defensive play videos are clearly paying off for the Aussies. They’ve got the hang of gifting goals to the opposition to a T
  • Griezman decides Giroud won't get another shot until Griezman's on the scoresheet, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unlike Argentina, France are determined to simply enjoy themselves out there, they never panicked 
  • Murphy adding nothing as usual
  • IdleHans said:
    Murphy adding nothing as usual
    I think he's left to give Pearce some alone time with this French side

Sounds like he wants to start beating one out to their Football in a minute
  • IdleHans said:
    Murphy adding nothing as usual
    I think he's left to give Pearce some alone time with this French side

Sounds like he wants to start beating one out to their Football in a minute
    Branlerball
  • That Mbappe is shite... Send him to SE7 for penance 
  • 6 minutes?! Hernandez 1 wasn't down that long was he 
  • edited November 2022
    Olivier Giroud scores from his first shot on target in a World Cup since 2014, despite playing 546 minutes in a World Cup-winning campaign in the meantime.

as it stands Olivier Giroud is the only player born before the BBC started showing Neighbours to score at the 2022 World Cup. Bit harsh on Australia that
  • Giroud is like a young Kermorgant 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Giroud is like a young Kermorgant 

Not as good though.
  • Random thought just popped into my head….. remember when we were linked with the Australian international player Scott Chipperfield on and off for a good while….. 

Am I making this up in my head or did it happen?
  • What a “defensive line break”?
  • edited November 2022
    Random thought just popped into my head….. remember when we were linked with the Australian international player Scott Chipperfield on and off for a good while….. 

Am I making this up in my head or did it happen?
    Chipperfield?

Bloody circus that was. Too many clowns involved and they all fell through ...
  • se9addick said:
    What a “defensive line break”?
    I assume it means beating the offside trap but I'm not certain
  • Jesus wept... Pearce and Murphy will get in each others way and piss Mbappe off if they dont take it in turns to suck him off!!
  • France looking good.
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    In 2 hours' time, England won't be the only team with 6 goals, is my prediction
    I didn't say who the other team would be though
    France. I meant France 
  • Jesus wept... Pearce and Murphy will get in each others way and piss Mbappe off if they dont take it in turns to suck him off!!
    Oh, is that Murphy? I thought vuvuzelas had made a comeback
  • So worst teams of the Tournament so far - Qatar | Iran | Australia?