Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• cafctom said:
    Was at Lusail today for Saudi vs Argentina. 

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. Come away from it feeling like we’d seen a real World Cup moment.

Saudi Arabia is the bordering country so their support here was absolutely enormous - as was Argentina’s in fairness.

Glad you're having a great time... From home, that game felt the first one where we had a proper atmosphere from the stands - Great all round
    Thank you mate.

I was curious about how it is coming across on TV.

The noise in the Wales end was great last night, but came and went in spells. The England game was a little more flat, but I think it was largely because the game was sewn up so early.

The atmosphere around the grounds is absolutely fantastic. 
  • The two results today show how good the England result  was.3 unfancied middle east team sthat played great,we were the only victor.
  • Hannibal subbed on for Tunisia!

Don't talk about the elephant in the room.  Or even on the pitch.
  • my 33/1 on over 0.5 goals in every game is going well so far. 

Damn those Danes and Tunisians.
  • the Arab nations are pretty much playing on home turf, I expect the Saudi players are on very big wages, they've been drilled for months, are very committed as well as being pretty skilful and as fit at butcher's dogs .. IF the Argies has played with as much commitment and organisation, they would not have lost this one.
    Tunisia ? .. most of the team play at a high level in Europe, I suspect a few were born in Europe as well. The same applies to them as to Saudi, playing for their turf (sand lol?) and pride.
    Senegal were not as good on the day as Holland, yet were still really only beaten because of fragile goalkeeping. So far all the teams except the bedraggled Iranis have looked well organised and committed. Time for a cliché .. there will be NO easy games at this World Cup  :)
  • Chunes said:
    One big advantage we have at this tournament is that Harry Kane isn't coming off a season break. 

He's been so poor at the beginning of other tournaments and as Spurs fans will protest, he takes time to get back into the swing of things when he's been off. 

But at this one he's already warmed up and firing because it's mid-season. Huge bonus for our attacking threat.
    Shouldn't really be any excuses of tired players either. Plenty of tournaments where our players have looked dead on their feet in games, bemoaning the fact of having played such a long season. Can't have that excuse this time and that can only be a good thing for us.
  • I really hope we don't get countdowns at the start matches in England.  It's a footie match not a moonshot!

• edited November 2022
    Just read that Saudi Arabia's King Salman has announced a public holiday on Wednesday to celebrate their win
  • Chunes said:
    Just read that Saudi Arabia's King Salman has announced a public holiday on Wednesday to celebrate their win

Charles could generate a bank holiday for brits if England win a penalty shootout against a big  nation
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    Chunes said:

Charles could generate a bank holiday for brits if England win a penalty shootout against a big  nation
    Brits ? .. only in England surely  :smile:
  • England get a public holiday if they win a penalty shootout. Wales get a public holiday if they win a game of any description. Scotland get a public holiday if they ... oh. Wait...
  • England get a public holiday if they win a penalty shootout. Wales get a public holiday if they win a game of any description. Scotland get a public holiday if they ... oh. Wait...
    ever beat the All Blacks ?
  • Poland look crap. They always seem to not turn up at major tournaments.
  • Bielik on for Poland. Moving on loan to Birmingham has worked for him personally
  • edited November 2022
    Poland look crap. They always seem to not turn up at major tournaments.

I follow them after England and its so true. Very bland and uninspiring unfortunately.

Always have a lovely kit though.

Also too much reliance on Lewandowski who is top drawer but usually surrounded by world class support at club level.

Not getting any today.
  • There is absolutely zero quality in this game
  • And that is never a penalty. Just good strong defending
  • Game's gone. That is not a penalty
  • edited November 2022
    To be fair thats a penalty if they remain consistent after the one Iran got against us

Mexican has a hold of his shirt - Lewandowski puts an arm out, but thats it
  • Sponsored links:

• 6 of one half a dozen of the other. No penalty in my view.
  • Jason Pearce must be glad he's retired!
  • What was the clear and obvious error there?
  • the leg going across nowhere near the ball from the defender is why that is given.
  • Justice done.
  • Honestly, glad the 'dark arts' of defending are getting a pasting. Defend properly and this doesn't happen 
  • Can't stand this screechy commentator 
  • Game's gone. That is not a penalty
    He grabs his shirt! 
  • Wow... Ochoa is an outstanding Goalkeeper, but to save against the best Striker in the world...

Lewandowski just cant score at the World Cup can he