Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• People laughingly comparing this to their defeat to Cameroon in 1990 seem to be forgetting Argentina still got to the final that year.
    Yes - and thankfully they lost. I'm still a firm believer that the ref gave the Germans the penalty just to stop Maradona's lunatics from winning. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Cameroon at the World Cup 1990.

- beat Argentina in a shocking result in their first match
    - lost to England in the quarter final

Saudi Arabia’s path makes it possible that they could meet England in a quarter final… 🧐
    I still remember loving every minute of that cameroon performance, but man, they made some hideous challenges on the Argentines. Really should have been a few red cards, but everyone was happy as the favourites got beat.
    My abiding memory of that match was that they took three attempts to poleaxe Cannigia - he rode the first two but got absolutely smashed with the last one!
    https://youtu.be/KeRlJJbtdHc

Right another meeting so this game will finish 4-4
  • Absolutely love how Massing gets 1 1/2 red cards there
  • Messi looked ordinary.
    The World Cup just isn’t his thing is it? 🤷‍♀️
    His first one was, when he was 17 or something. He was amazing. 

Anyway, sorry I don’t know how to embed this video, but it’s stunning! 

• JamesSeed said:
    Messi looked ordinary.
    The World Cup just isn’t his thing is it? 🤷‍♀️
    His first one was, when he was 17 or something. He was amazing. 

Anyway, sorry I don’t know how to embed this video, but it’s stunning! 

Not available to me here.
    I’ll have to find it 👍🏼
  • The Danish Stockley somehow misses the ball
  • 'Jayden Stockley' is a very Nordic name already tbf!
  • 0.83 xG on that missed chance for the Danish Jayden!
  • Hannibal subbed on for Tunisia!
  • That substitution has really improved Tunisia's hair levels
  • Sponsored links:

• He'll have a mountain to climb.
  • Carthago delenda est!
  • That's like an English player calling themselves Boudicca or something
  • (maybe Chloe Kelly could consider it?)
  • Who’s doing the commentary for this match back in the U.K.?

Here in America we’re enjoying the unlikely duo of Jacqui Oatley and Warren Barton.
  • my 33/1 on over 0.5 goals in every game is going well so far. 
    You shouldn't have said that!
  • edited November 2022
    Who’s doing the commentary for this match back in the U.K.?

Here in America we’re enjoying the unlikely duo of Jacqui Oatley and Warren Barton.
    Seb Hutchinson and John Hartson 
  • Wow... Just five mins added - This referee hasnt got the memo has he
  • Wow

Impressive running speed from the ref. Then NOT being swayed by the TV evidence
  • edited November 2022
    Wow... Possibly a great call from the referee

The Tunisian bloke potentially handballs it, but could equally argue that the Danish bloke over on the left fouls the guy he's marking by pushing him off the ball, as the ball comes in
  • Sponsored links:

• If France dont get out this Group now... the curse really does exist
  • The games today have highlighted what a good job England did yesterday
  • The games today have highlighted what a good job England did yesterday
    Could argue that only England and Ecuador have done a ruthless job so far
  • Wow... Possibly a great call from the referee

The Tunisian bloke potentially handballs it, but could equally argue that the Danish bloke over on the left fouls the guy he's marking by pushing him off the ball, as the ball comes in
    I just don’t get this ball hitting the hand business the ball hit the fellas torso and bounced onto his arm and I don’t care if his arm was in an unnatural position. It should be about intent and I didn’t see any 🤷‍♂️
  • Well done Ref. Thought he got that right. Denmark never deserved to win that.
  • Who’s doing the commentary for this match back in the U.K.?

Dave Benson-Phillips and Pat Sharpe
  • Chunes said:
    Who’s doing the commentary for this match back in the U.K.?

Dave Benson-Phillips and Pat Sharpe
    Now I want to see the Danish team get gunged for failing to score…
  • cafctom said:
    Was at Lusail today for Saudi vs Argentina. 

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. Come away from it feeling like we’d seen a real World Cup moment.

Saudi Arabia is the bordering country so their support here was absolutely enormous - as was Argentina’s in fairness.

Glad you're having a great time... From home, that game felt the first one where we had a proper atmosphere from the stands - Great all round
  • edited November 2022
    One big advantage we have at this tournament is that Harry Kane isn't coming off a season break. 

He's been so poor at the beginning of other tournaments and as Spurs fans will protest, he takes time to get back into the swing of things when he's been off. 

But at this one he's already warmed up and firing because it's mid-season. Huge bonus for our attacking threat.