Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Amazing to see the Argies second best physically
  • Cameroon at the World Cup 1990.

- beat Argentina in a shocking result in their first match
    - lost to England in the quarter final

Saudi Arabia’s path makes it possible that they could meet England in a quarter final… 🧐
  • edited November 2022
    Football did the talking today.
    That was an absolutely quality high tempo game.
    Argentina in a bit of a messi situation now.

That Saudi  number 10 take a bow son.

Also Saudi keeper that jump for their last header to also catch that ball was sublime.

Fair play, I wouldn't want to face them in a quarter final game.
  • Well that’s every accumulator in the country buggered!  Didn’t watch. Just saw the result. Shocker. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It wasn’t a footballing spectacle but the tempo was excellent. I enjoyed it myself.

Now it actually feels like the World Cup is underway. I’m actually looking forward to waking up at 3:30am tomorrow to watch Argentina v Saudi Arabia of all teams..!
    Remember when Argentina score 4 or 5 that no one in the tournament is worse than Iran. Wibble wibble Southgate wibble 😜 
    You are aware England are allowed to be good AND Iran are allowed to be bad right? 

It's not an either/or. 
    England were very good, Iran weren't allowed to be.  They are no worse than most of the other teams we have seen so far. 

The results will tell us over the next week, we won't agree on it until then.  I know your view, you known mine.  Only time will prove either right, if it ever does, as 4 draws won't prove either way.
    England never stopped Iran from being good, they did it all by themselves. 

If they are the 20th best team in the world football is fucked.
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It wasn’t a footballing spectacle but the tempo was excellent. I enjoyed it myself.

Now it actually feels like the World Cup is underway. I’m actually looking forward to waking up at 3:30am tomorrow to watch Argentina v Saudi Arabia of all teams..!
    Remember when Argentina score 4 or 5 that no one in the tournament is worse than Iran. Wibble wibble Southgate wibble 😜 
    You are aware England are allowed to be good AND Iran are allowed to be bad right? 

It's not an either/or. 
    England were very good, Iran weren't allowed to be.  They are no worse than most of the other teams we have seen so far. 

The results will tell us over the next week, we won't agree on it until then.  I know your view, you known mine.  Only time will prove either right, if it ever does, as 4 draws won't prove either way.
    England never stopped Iran from being good, they did it all by themselves. 

If they are the 20th best team in the world football is fucked.
    you're right... we should have won 10-0 

how crap were we...i bet brazil would have done it....

i'd do an eye roll emogee but A (i don't know how) and B ( if my eyes rolled any further back at your comment it would elicit zombies to spawn like it was the evil dead)
    Not sure what you are waffling on about but no part of my comment referred to England or the way they played. I was replying to a previous comment relating to how bad Iran were
  • done messi any goalscorer so that won. 

1/8 they were argentina. 

looking at the rest of todays games 

denmark win 
    poland mexico draw
    france win 
  • Well that’s every accumulator in the country buggered!  Didn’t watch. Just saw the result. Shocker. 
    spot on - just had to redo all mine. Still, moneybags munro will be pleased. Again.

• Sponsored links:

• Watched the last 5 minutes, how good was that seeing the Argies getting frustrated by Saudi time wasting. Hope some shots surface of Messi crying to round it off.
  • McBobbin said:
    Leuth said:
    That was absolutely awful from Argentina. No plan at all
    unless "give it to messi" counts as a plan
    Worked well for them for the first goal, he's the one that gave it away. 
  • Take that silly smirk off your faces everyone.
  • Denmark: Kasper Schmeichel, Joakim Andersen, Simon Kjaer (c), Andreas Christensen, Joakim Maehle, Pierre-Emil Hojbjerg, Thomas Delaney, Christian Eriksen, Andreas Skov Olsen, Kasper Dolberg, Rasmus Kristensen

Tunisia: Aymen Dahmen, Ali Abdi, Montassar Talbi, Yassine Meriah, Dylan Bronn, Mohamed Draeger, Aissa Laidouni, Ellyes Skhiri, Anis Ben Slimane, Youssef Msakni (c), Issam Jembali
  • Oh, I enjoyed that. 

🙂
  • lol! Sorry do have to laugh a little bit at the Danish pundit on ITV describing Eriksen's pacemaker - Saying he's the safest player on the pitch, as he'll be warned with a little electric shock if things get too dangerous for him.
  • I don't get all this "Argentina were crap" stuff. They cut SA apart in the first half many times & had THREE goals rules offside (2 very marginal). Without VAR I expect Argentina would have been 2 or 3 up at half time (excluding the penalty). Once SA had something to defend they dropped a lot deeper & Argentina couldn't get in behind them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Goals: Argentina 1-2 Saudi Arabia

Expected goals: Argentina 2.23 - 0.14 Saudi Arabia

Statistically speaking, given the chances each team created, the Saudis win that match around 1-2 times in a 100.

The statistical chance of a 1-2 full time result would occur once every 500 matches roughly.
  • edited November 2022
    Goals: Argentina 1-2 Saudi Arabia

Expected goals: Argentina 2.23 - 0.14 Saudi Arabia
    Saudis were 80/1 in play at half-time!

Argentina went to around Evens (1/9 pre-match) when they went 2-1 down - in-play went barmy!
  • Cameroon at the World Cup 1990.

Saudi Arabia’s path makes it possible that they could meet England in a quarter final… 🧐
    I still remember loving every minute of that cameroon performance, but man, they made some hideous challenges on the Argentines. Really should have been a few red cards, but everyone was happy as the favourites got beat.
  • Football did the talking today.

Also Saudi keeper that jump for their last header to also catch that ball was sublime.

I would absolutely love to face Saudi Arabia in a World Cup Quarter final.

One game at a time but a team that plays a high line against England would play into the hands of Kane, Sterling, Saka, Rashford, etc as long as the runs were timed correctly.

Argentina still have the ability to win against Mexico and Poland. They recovered from losing the first game against Cameroon in 90 so no reason they can't bounce back this time.
  • bobmunro said:
    IdleHans said:
    Well that’s every accumulator in the country buggered!  Didn’t watch. Just saw the result. Shocker. 
    spot on - just had to redo all mine. Still, moneybags munro will be pleased. Again.

Much appreciated - we will eat this week.
    Mrs M will be pleased, she can reinstate champagne and caviar on this week's Waitrose order.
  • my 33/1 on over 0.5 goals in every game is going well so far. 
  • Football did the talking today.

I would absolutely love to face Saudi Arabia in a World Cup Quarter final.

One game at a time but a team that plays a high line against England would play into the hands of Kane, Sterling, Saka, Rashford, etc as long as the runs were timed correctly.

Argentina still have the ability to win against Mexico and Poland. They recovered from losing the first game against Cameroon in 90 so no reason they can't bounce back this time.
    Great for the group though.

And IF Argentina can win both those games well, then having to play must win games under pressure will benefit them, as it did England (and Pakistan) in the T20 WC.
  • edited November 2022
    Cameroon at the World Cup 1990.

I still remember loving every minute of that cameroon performance, but man, they made some hideous challenges on the Argentines. Really should have been a few red cards, but everyone was happy as the favourites got beat.
    My abiding memory of that match was that they took three attempts to poleaxe Cannigia - he rode the first two but got absolutely smashed with the last one!
  • People laughingly comparing this to their defeat to Cameroon in 1990 seem to be forgetting Argentina still got to the final that year.