Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• That wasn't as good 
  • That was even better. 
  • edited December 2022
    Absolute scenes.  If that was tomorrow that would cause a riot. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Absolute scenes.  If that was tomorrow that would cause I riot. 
    What happened, you're the only one it seems to have picked the better game to watch
  • Qatari ref being incompetent.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Absolute scenes.  If that was tomorrow that would cause I riot. 
    What happened, you're the only one it seems to have picked the better game to watch
    Croatia should of had a blatant pen and VAR didn't even check out.  Would have been goal of the tournament as well.
  • Great game, tell those players the 3rd place game is a waste of time.
  • Good game that 

Annoys me how scared they are to shoot though, and keep trying to get another pass in. 

Qatari ref had a shocker in 2nd half but not as bad as the VAR officials 
  • Third place play-off = first match I have completely missed. This is because it's the only match of no meaning at all.
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Great game, tell those players the 3rd place game is a waste of time.
    I'd tell them if I could but I'm sure they know already. They will probably throw their stupid medals in the back of the drawer, or melt them down.
  • This third and fourth place playoff meant more to these two teams than if it has been France and Argentina contesting it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Third place play-off = first match I have completely missed. This is because it's the only match of no meaning at all.
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Great game, tell those players the 3rd place game is a waste of time.
    I'd tell them if I could but I'm sure they know already. They will probably throw their stupid medals in the back of the drawer, or melt them down.
    Well you can tell by your ignorance of the subject you didn't watch it.  Maybe sometimes it's best to say nothing.

You might not care, they clearly did.
  • The 3rd place playoff is for pride and they are doing it for their fans.

We won't ever care about it and that's understand considering we invented football

It's all or nothing for us. "80 years of hurt" is creeping up
  • edited December 2022
     we played 3rd place play off in the last world cup. Didn't watch it and actually had to look it up online to see what the score was 

we lost 2 nil to Belgium 

•  we played 3rd place play off in the last world cup. Didn't watch it and actually had to look it up online to see what the score was 

we lost 2 nil to Belgium 

Not sure that's a spoiler....
    He's gone and booted it into his own face off the post there
  • Dave2l said:
    If morroco win then they've officially gone further in a world Cup in comparison to England throughout the last 56 years.

We've never reached 3rd 
    And it means absolutely nothing.

I'd bet that a lot of people would have to google what happened in our third place matches in 1990 and 2018.

I have a total blank on the 3rd play off match in 2018 but I have a vision of Peter Shilton making a mistake with his feet and England losing to Italy in 1990 ?

A sign of old age when you remember 1990 3rd match game rather than 2018 !

Same here 1990 game was in Bari.....I didn't even watch the 2018 one.
  • On a flight back to London during the game ffs. 

Never again will I let my girlfriend book our flights home for Christmas.
  • On a flight back to London during the game ffs. 

Never again will I let my girlfriend book our flights home for Christmas.
    Depends what airline you’re flying but some have live sport on the inflight entertainment system. Or you might get decent WiFi and be able to watch on iPlayer (with a VPN)
  • Sponsored links:

•  we played 3rd place play off in the last world cup. Didn't watch it and actually had to look it up online to see what the score was 

we lost 2 nil to Belgium 

Not sure that's a spoiler....
    It is if you have had it on your sky planner for the last 4 years and was always meaning to see it. 
  • I imagine the 3rd place playoff means more if you've never won the World Cup, as it's your country's greatest ever finish.

• I imagine the 3rd place playoff means more if you've never won the World Cup, as it's your country's greatest ever finish.

In the 6 world cups they could have qualified for Croatia have come 3rd twice.  They have been in as many semi finals and finals as England have.

It's really remarkable.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Said it before, I don’t care for the politics surrounding it all, but this has been a cracking World Cup. 
    Just need a 4-3 or something in the final now.
    Came so close....
  • MrOneLung said:
    Said it before, I don’t care for the politics surrounding it all, but this has been a cracking World Cup. 
    Just need a 4-3 or something in the final now.
    Came so close....
    Martinez save of the tournament away from it
  • Brilliant tournament and gutted its over. Shame Argentina won it, but hey ho. Roll on Euro 24.
  • Anyone else aiming to get over to Germany in ‘24?
  • It ended up being a great tournament overall.
  • edited December 2022