Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• That pass inside the full back was every bit as good as Messi’s ‘pass of the tournament’ not a mention by the commentators 
  • This place is going to go nuts when Morocco score. 
  • When the likes of Amrabat chose to play for the country of their parents, rather than the Netherlands in his case, I can't imagine that he expected to be slugging it out in a WC semi final for Morocco!
  • This game is playing out almost exactly the way the quarter-final did on Saturday. France are such a weird side to play against. They're not untouchable but at the same time, you always feel like they're ready to go up a gear and score again if you do equalise against them.
  • PWR so don't know if it's been mentioned 
    Is the commentator saying Griezmann in a West Indian accent 
  • Thank god we got knocked out by France. Imagine if we’d won, the country went batshit, and we then went and got rumped by Morocco out working us! 
  • edited December 2022
    The worry for Morrocco, apart from needing to score still, is how will their legs hold up, but they've had a lot of the ball and haven't been chasing around like they had to vs. Spain and Portugal. That should be helping them.

France will likely find a way to win this, but Morrocco, despite being more distant underdogs, have put a much better fight than Croatia did yesterday.
  • Why does he keep pronouncing Griezmann like that?
  • The Moroccan players remind me of the types of lads in the playground back in school who even though they’d have a pretty poor touch they’d always somehow fluke their way out of a challenge with the ball. Good but in a weird way. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Shoot FFS!!!

• Shoot FFS!
    What he said.
  • and that's what happens when you shoot
  • France vs Argentina in a battle of who can get luckier.
  • So harsh on Morocco.
  • Another huge slice of luck for France
  • So harsh on Morocco after the way they have played, but surely all over now.

• Laddick01 said:
    France vs Argentina in a battle of who can get luckier.
    Hopefully France!!
  • Not sure if it's already been said but that French bloke Thuram is the cousin of the goalkeeper who was on loan to us back in the day.
    Bugger the French have scored.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jammy by France, came up against a couple of teams in a row who cant finish. 
  • edited December 2022
    Another huge slice of luck for France
    Stay in enough games long enough you will get lucky.  All four semi finalists have done this.  I would say all 8 quarter finalists did and 4 got lucky.
  • France will not be able to sustain such a long spell of pressure on their defence in a final against Argentina.
  • The French defenders have been doing a good job of crowding the Moroccans out every time they seem to have got through. But I'm sure the Argentinians will have noticed how often they've needed to do that.
  • edited December 2022
    The French defenders have been doing a good job of crowding the Moroccans out every time they seem to have got through. But I'm sure the Argentinians will have noticed how often they've needed to do that.
    And no doubting that, in Messi, Argentina have a player who might just dance through the crowd anyway.
  • In a great World Cup (on the pitch) I have to say the semi-finals haven’t been brilliant. 
  • se9addick said:
    In a great World Cup (on the pitch) I have to say the semi-finals haven’t been brilliant. 
    That 3rd goal last night was more than enough to make that game memorable IMO.

Morocco have made tonight much more interesting than I envisaged.
  • The fact that didn't go in just shows it's not Morocco's night.
  • edited December 2022
    Ha! More French luck, even when they don't need it.
  • Very similar to the other night. France not been the better side, really, and they have given up chances, but Morrocco have not been able to punish them.