Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Gotta admit I've not seen much of Theo Hernandez but from what I have he seems very suspect defensively.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Gotta admit I've not seen much of Theo Hernandez but from what I have he seems very suspect defensively.
    Very lucky not to give away a penalty just then
  • What the *hell* was that yellow for Boufal?
  • Leuth said:
    What the *hell* was that yellow for Boufal?
    You ARE getting Argentina vs France in the Final if you like it or not
  • Laddick01 said:
    Gotta admit I've not seen much of Theo Hernandez but from what I have he seems very suspect defensively.
    Well he isnt even the best full back in his family, the French Phil Nevile if you like.

This is France's 7th World Cup semi final.  IF it takes England another one before we get to a final, like it did France we might get there by about 2042.
  • Where was this French finishing against us..
  • Giroud really should have scored that.
  • Morocco are making more of a game of it but the French look dangerous every time they attack. Think they will get one or two more before this game is out.
  • edited December 2022
    That was a 10 m race between Mbappe and the defender. Defender had a 5 m head start. Mbappe won by a metre. He really is insanely fast.

Massive let off with the resulting Giroud miss.
  • Leuth said:
    What the *hell* was that yellow for Boufal?
    They showed the replay and it still looked like a penalty not a foul the other way, maybe (probably) I missed something?
  • Sponsored links:

• That was a 10 race between Mbappe and the defender. Defender had a 5m head start. Mbappe won by a metre. He really is insanely fast.

Often wonder if Mbappe will end up having similar injury issues to Owen
  • Morocco player not given a yellow for a genuinely bad tackle back then too. Bizarre stuff
  • Amazing effort, so unlucky.
  • What an effort that is.
  • edited December 2022
    That would've been an unbelievable goal in a World Cup semi final. Huge save from Lloris who turns into a monster at these major tournaments.

France getting very lucky again.
  • That would've been an unbelievable goal in a World Cup semi final. Huge save from Lloris who turns into a monster at these major tournaments.

France getting very lucky again.
    You'd be gutted!!  Great effort. 
  • 1-0 HT

Very good half of football - glad Morocco didn't crumble after losing that early goal.
  • Where's Peter Walton when we need him?  :D
  • I get that Hernandez touched the ball, but he follows through on the player after that, rather than being fouled.

At best it's just a clean tackle by Hernandez, definitely not a foul and a yellow card for Morocco.
  • Sponsored links:

• Should we really be surprised that Argentina made the WC Final? Much as been made of the Saudi defeat but they fell asleep for five minutes and paid for it by conceding two goals. Interestingly, they had the same spell of a lack of concentration late on against the Netherlands when they let in two in seven minutes. The only other goal they've conceded in the tournament was an own goal from a deflected shot that wasn't heading anywhere near the goal.

The Saudi loss is their only defeat in the last 42 games and that run dates back over three years to 6th July 2019. In that time they've played the World ranked number one, Brazil, three times and beaten them twice and drawn the other one and didn't concede a single goal in those matches. By comparison, France (assuming they make the Final) have lost four of their last 11, kept just one clean sheet in that time and conceded in every one of this WC. Ignoring any bias they were extremely lucky to beat us too. 

Messi has carried them to the Final but a one man team doesn't lose just one game from 42 and if they can keep their concentration at the back I think they will win. With or without Messi making the difference. 
    Yeah, if we forget the four goals they conceded when they fell asleep for a bit and the own goal, they have been defensively sound. 

In other news, Harry Kane has been exceptional from the penalty spot this tournament apart from when he had that  one moment when he lost concentration and blasted one over the bar. 
  • That was a 10 race between Mbappe and the defender. Defender had a 5m head start. Mbappe won by a metre. He really is insanely fast.

Often wonder if Mbappe will end up having similar injury issues to Owen
    One nasty hamstring injury could really ruin him. Always a risk with pacy players. He's not in their bracket yet anyway, but hard to see him having the length of career at the very top that Messi and Ronaldo have had, although to be fair Ronaldo somewhat reinvented himself as his pace and athleticism started to fade a bit.
  • Love that. Great tackle.
  • Morrocco remind me a bit of us at our best in the 90s and 00s. Committed, pragmatic football but can really play a bit when the opportunity arises.
  • edited December 2022
    Infantino looks a proper c*nt in those trainers. Oh.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Love that. Great tackle.
    Quality. Loved that. Amrabat been my favourite player (that I didn't already know) from this tournament.
  • Defensively France look woeful
  • Oh my word. Inches from a tap in.
  • TS get on the phone and put an offer in for Amrabat 
  • Need to score here. France all at sea but it won't stay like this all half.