Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Messi has made an absolute mug of Gvardiol there and he's a defender who's allegedly got clubs after him for 80m+
    TBF he has been outstanding in the tournament 
  • Reminds me of a young Kevin Lisbie. 
    Yes, I really think this Messi chap is THAT good. 
    I don't think he is as good as Lisbie was but close.
  • Have to say that was brilliant from Messi.

I'm glad this isnt on BBC though, Lineker & Co would be sucking him off after that
    Have you muted McMoist? I think his commentary position probably resembles a plasterers radio.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Messi has made an absolute mug of Gvardiol there and he's a defender who's allegedly got clubs after him for 80m+
    Agreed he has been very good, which just shows that Messi is on another planet.

Quite surprised at 3-0 up they haven't taken him off. Imagine if he got injured now.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Messi has made an absolute mug of Gvardiol there and he's a defender who's allegedly got clubs after him for 80m+
    Agreed he has been very good, which just shows that Messi is on another planet.

Quite surprised at 3-0 up they haven't taken him off. Imagine if he got injured now.
    Was just thinking the same thing.
  • Cue the video package highlights of Messi's penalty, 5 yard passes and walking around for the opening 30 minutes. 

And getting tackled everytime he received the ball for the opening 40 minutes. 
    Decent third goal though eh
  • edited December 2022
    Going back to HT, Peter Walton is an absolute joker.

If the ref had said no penalty, he would have said it was the right decision.

I blame BT for making it a feature.  Waste of time and borderline embarrassing.  Up there with ITVs introduction of Andy Townsend's tactics truck when they nicked MOTD from the Beeb.
  • Just hoping for Otamendi to mistime a tackle and get a second yellow. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Just hoping for Otamendi to mistime a tackle and get a second yellow. 
    Would prefer it to be Romero after he feigned injury for the 2 months before the WC.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    Just hoping for Otamendi to mistime a tackle and get a second yellow. 
    And me 125/1? Skybet?
  • Couple of comments from earlier in the night looking very silly now.
  • Argentina now 1 game away from emulating Spain in 2010 who are so far the only side to ever lose their first match at a world cup and go on to win it.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Going back to HT, Peter Walton is an absolute joker.

If the ref had said no penalty, he would have said it was the right decision.

I blame BT for making it a feature.  Waste of time and borderline embarrassing.  Up there with ITVs introduction of Andy Townsend's tactics truck when they nicked MOTD from the Beeb.
    Rather hoping that the little box that Walton sits in is a shipping container that, due to an admin mix up, spends the next six months bobbing around in the Indian ocean
  • edited December 2022
    GOAT

Careful this thread is full of haters.
  • Golden Boot race:

Messi: 5 goals, 3 assists
    Mbappe: 5 goals, 2 assists
    Alvarez & Giroud: 4 goals, 0 assists
  • Argentina's fans will certainly create a better atmosphere in the final than Croatia would've done. Probably the best fans at this tournament in terms of numbers and noise.
  • Messi has 5 goals and 3 assists out of the 12 goals Argentina have scored and he has created more chances than any other player in this tournament. Ronaldo has 1 goal and no assists out of the 12 goals Portugal scored.

Messi is still doing it at 35 too. Ronaldo is a couple of years older but, whereas Messi has carried Argentina to the WC Final, Ronaldo is sulking at home following his tantrums at club and country.
  • Sponsored links:

• Golden Boot race:

Isn't penalties the first tie breaker? 
  • edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Golden Boot race:

Isn't penalties the first tie breaker? 
    Goals
    Fewest goals from pens
    Assists
    Fewest minutes on pitch
  • edited December 2022
    Amazing, that Messi, stops and goes pass people with mesmeric skill and Mbappe, stops and then goes 0-60 leaving Walker & co behind.

Argentina's operation Qatar in getting 'Barras Brabas' * ultra groups to the Middle east has turned their matches into home games.

*Brave gangs 
  • City paid £14.1m for Alvarez. There have been worst buys in the Premier League. 
  • At least this finishes the Maradona/Messi debate once and for all...
  • Croatia fall at the last step .. and I fancied them to beat the Argies  :'(
  • City paid £14.1m for Alvarez. There have been worst buys in the Premier League. 
    Ironically - the two most successful EPL clubs of recent years have spent some of the wisest money going.

Compare likes or Alvarez, Haaland, Walker, Cancelo, Van Dijk, Robertson, Mane, Salah to some of the guff the mid table have spent.
  • Reminds me of a young Kevin Lisbie. 
    Yes, I really think this Messi chap is THAT good. 
    I don't think he is as good as Lisbie was but close.
    Lisbie still has potential though.
  • Croatia fall at the last step .. and I fancied them to beat the Argies  :'(
    Second last step surely?
  • Is Messi better with Argentina now that he left Barcelona...it does seem like it

Perhaps feels like he can fully prioritise the national side