Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• France won the last World Cup and Giroud didnt score a single goal. People are clueless.
    Didn't have a shot on target
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Dave2l said:
    It does wind me up how much people moan about Kane.
    Its not just moaning.  Social media, especially Faceache, is full of absolute pure hatred of him.
    I'm sorry, I just dont get it.  I understand Arsenal fans having a go... but its one thing after another.  He only scores pens, he is one dimensional, he dives, he backs in and will break someone's neck, he doesn't lead the line, he has no pace, he drops too deep, he speaks with an impediment...anything they can find to have a go at him, they'll do it.

Kane is the most complete centre-forward we've had and we're lucky to have him.  He would walk into any team in the PL and would walk into most International sides yet the stick he gets is outrageous.

It's gotta be narrowed down to just jealousy or a desire to constantly whinge?

Some twat from twitter who's probably never kicked a ball in his life thinks Kane isn't good enough 🤔

It's not the worst thing in the world to be fair as I think a lot of players like sterling and Kane mostly use criticism like a chunk of fuel to keep improving their game and prove people wrong.

• are people not asking the wrong question of VAR ?

Didn't the ref give it as a goal originally ?
    surely VAR would have to show the ball was OUT in order to change the decision rather than show the ball was in ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    are people not asking the wrong question of VAR ?

Didn't the ref give it as a goal originally ?
    surely VAR would have to show the ball was OUT in order to change the decision rather than show the ball was in ?

I didn't know the proof was provided.

Yes, the Germans are out the world Cup and it's all their own fault!

2 years worth of qualifying games counted for nothing...because Japan gave them an anime bitch slap so they can return early to a scheduled boring Bayern Munich bundesliga of 2pint glass sausage empty euro pubs
  • Christ alive I hate those stuttery penalties

• Ghana miss another pen v Uruguay. 
  • What a wanky penalty, deserved to have it saved.
  • Just take the penalty properly. Idiot..
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful, awful penalty.
  • Never seen a team form a protective barrier around the penalty spot to stop the other team wrecking it.

Awful penalty mind. 
  • se9addick said:
    Never seen a team form a protective barrier around the penalty spot to stop the other team wrecking it.

Awful penalty mind. 
    Portugal did it the other night, against Uruguay actually.
  • Massive reprieve for Uruguay, was the right decision but Ayew bottled it. 
  • I don’t want to curse it…but this could be a good one!
  • se9addick said:
    Never seen a team form a protective barrier around the penalty spot to stop the other team wrecking it.

Awful penalty mind. 
    Ah really - do teams exclusively do it against Uruguay?
  • se9addick said:

Awful penalty mind. 
    So no one trusts Uruguay?
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Awful penalty mind. 
    Ah really - do teams exclusively do it against Uruguay?
    I suppose so - you know you've got a problem when even the Portuguese think you play dirty.
  • Very fine goal. Wollacott might have saved it with his foot though - he's got a good technique for those
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant goal. They are such an unlikable team.
  • Good finish, annoyingly.
  • Only.upside if they win, Brazil v Uruguay could be tasty.
  • Let's hope South Korea pip them despite their likely win. Would make it funnier.
  • Can't believe the groups are almost over already.
    Is it the Groups that have been condensed or the KO Rounds that have less time between them now to ensure that the World Cup doesnt impact the Domestic Leagues so much this year?

If it is the Groups, then I've quite liked this compact, quick fire schedule
    We'll be 3/4 of the way through after today.
  • edited December 2022
    Can't believe the groups are almost over already.
    Is it the Groups that have been condensed or the KO Rounds that have less time between them now to ensure that the World Cup doesnt impact the Domestic Leagues so much this year?

Four games a day in the group stage for rounds 1 and 2 (rather than three per day) condensed the group stage phase by two days.

We're also not getting a break day between group stage and round of 16 like would've been done in the past.
  • Can't stand Uruguay but think that they may at least stand more of a chance of upsetting Brazil in the next round than Ghana or S. Korea.

Four games a day in the group stage for rounds 1 and 2 (rather than three per day) condensed the group stage phase by two days.

We're also not getting a break day between group stage and round of 16 like would've been done in the past.
    Dont see the issue of that... Netherlands and United States havent played since Tuesday, Argentina and Australia played on Wednesday - Thats more than enough of a break between Charlton playing midweek / Saturday