Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Can’t believe nothing more come of that stamp. The linesman looking straight at it.
  • Can’t believe nothing more come of that stamp. The linesman looking straight at it.
    I would have expected VAR to take a look at it. Looked deliberate.
  • Uruguay coming into form at the right time ? .. England v Senegal, take lessons from the Ugus, it's vital to stand up physically at the start .. I hope England are unchanged from the Wales game
  • edited December 2022
    Well played ref, right decision there. Never a penalty - don't know why the VAR thought it was.
  • Dave2l said:
    Yes it does. Perfect example of VAR getting it right. Also perfect example of Souness Neville and co being extremely irritating. Instead of talking about what was possible the best game of the World Cup so far all they could do was winge. Had to turn off 
  • redman said:
    Dave2l said:
    Yes it does. Perfect example of VAR getting it right. Also perfect example of Souness Neville and co being extremely irritating. Instead of talking about what was possible the best game of the World Cup so far all they could do was winge. Had to turn off 

Yes Gary neville does winge and it seems like it is purposeful moaning. 

Alan Shearer is the moan twin brother.

They are a VAR-moan bad influence on the rest of us

• edited December 2022
    That has to be as tight as when Liverpool played @ the Etihad a few years ago, and made a clearance on the line

Technically it is still in play, just. However I never seen it given by any official in my entire live before, as still in play.

In the history of Football from the Dog and Duck 2nd team to the World Cup that is given as out of play. No if's or but's. 
    Other than all the occasions there have been genuine error regarding the ball being in or out?

if you think the entire ball was over the line, you need an eye test. 

If you can't see the whole of the ball was over the line you need a Labrador. It was the sphere of the outer part of the ball that was deemed in play. Two different games now, with and without technology.

Spent to much time at football grounds as spectator to manager to know that decision would create riots especially in lower league football. 

Serves me right as a VAR fan but my complaint is with the rule makers as much as 'the computer said no' 

We move on...
    You’ve literally just said the ball was out and the ball was in in the same paragraph. 

The outer sphere is part of the ball, so it was in, the fact some linos would have - quite understandably - got that decision wrong, doesn’t change the fact it wasn’t over line. 

Can you read ? Do you know what deemed means. Have we seen the official graphics yet as it's hard to tell as it looks so amateurish. 

• edited December 2022
    If Korea can score here they're above Uruguay on goals scored right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Korea!! Uruguay need a goal
  • Gettin... Uruguay play such boring Football
  • so Brazil the only team left in the competition with a 100% record then
  • 2 and a half minutes for Korea to hold on.
  • Suarez crying on the bench
    Good!!!!!
  • Uruguay have got another goal in them in this match 
  • edited December 2022
    Happy result if Korea can get through.
    Not in Uruguay though.
    Premature celebrations by Son and Co ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2022
    Wonderful save to deny Cavani - would've been offside but keeper had no way of knowing
  • S. Korea have done their bit. Now hang on Ghana.
  • 8 mins added for Uruguay
  • Come on Ghana hold out.
  • edited December 2022
    Seems crazy we could see only Brazil and Argentina beyond the Group Stages for South America

Africa have two Nations through themselves (Cameroon can still add to the number)
    Asia now have three
  • Still 7 mins on injury time to endure.
  • Ghana can still qualify themselves if they score twice - unlikely but possible.
  • Christ Uruguay are gonna throw themselves to the floor every time they get into the box

Ridiculous from Cavani
  • That would've been very very soft but there was contact... had my heart in my mouth.
  • Absolutely brilliant the end of these groups