Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Totally, utterly depressing.

I see NO way out of this dilemma.

Not a shred of "let"s raise our game and get at 'em' from anywhere on the pitch , and notably our captain.

Sadly I don't see anything changing for the better  this side of May.
    Which May?
    Theresa.
  • Kirk cross forward to Leaburn but doesn't quite reach him, and then we conceded a free kick in the centre circle. Barnsley try to take it quickly but ref not happy so they take it again,
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Let's sack the manager 
    It says a lot that there isn't a Garner Out Thread, yet.
    Everyone can see he's not the issue.
    It wasn't the issue last season either.  There were 2.
  • This is all on the owner. What a waste.
  • Anyone got a favourite barbecue food ?
    Love a bit of sausage 
  • se9addick said:
    If this finishes 3 or 4 to Barnsley Garner will be sacked. 
    Then the owner is an idiot.

He hasnt supported the manager in the transfer market. You cant play tikka takka with players who cant score. We genuinely only have a couple of players who you could say were goal scorers. The rest couldn't score in a brothel. 

I wouldn’t sack Garner, I don’t massively blame him for what’s going on currently. I’m not sure Klopp or Pep could get a tune from this team. The “fourth highest budget in the league” stuff from Sandgaard is either a lie or an admission that he doesn’t know how to spend his money. 
  • Barsnely have a shot the deflects and looks to be going out for a corner and McG picks it up, although some debate whether it had already  gone out.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Totally, utterly depressing.

I see NO way out of this dilemma.

Not a shred of "let"s raise our game and get at 'em' from anywhere on the pitch , and notably our captain.

Sadly I don't see anything changing for the better  this side of May.
    Which May?
    Theresa May?
  • This is pathetic - useless & clueless owner, non proven coach and average players [average for league 1 & 2].

Our best player is a kid from Palace and they will take him back if this continues.

Our league position flatters us - we could end up in League 2.

Wholesale change over years might turn this around. 
  • The guitar playing Wankpuffin  should do one of Two things. 
    Give Garner the money to build a decent side.
    Or

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF. 
    Perfect for TS but change wording too “knows fuck all about running a football club”
  • Sponsored links:

• Kirk switches across to Egbo, cross in is cleared out for a corner and we have a triple sub.
  • A few boos after those substitutions?
  • Payne, Sess, McGrandles on. JRS, Dobson, Egbo off.
  • Mcgrandles and Sess to get some match fitness thankfully.
  • Short of getting on the pitch and playing himself, not sure what people expect of Garner.
    Better defensive organization, particularly when we're defending in our own third.

Better defending in transition, this has been a problem all season. 

Working on delivery and final balls.

Garner has work to do. That being said, Garner is not the biggest problem here. We have Stockley up front. We have a CM converted to RB playing LB. We have Lavelle at CB. And our only striker on the bench is 18. We should definitely be doing better with this squad, but this squad also has shortcomings. 
  • JRS, Dobson, Egbo off
    Payne, McGrandles, Sessegnon on.
  • Why is Morgan still on the pitch - done nothing so far 
  • We put the corner in, flicked on by O'Connell and out for a Barnsley goal kick.
  • Not sure how Kirk might win this for us. 
  • Bizarre subs there, but good to have sess back
  • Sponsored links:

• O'Connell joins the 🐄🪕 club.
  • Short of getting on the pitch and playing himself, not sure what people expect of Garner.
    Whilst I appreciate BG has been limited with his signings I expect a certain level of skill and professionalism from the players and that is down to BG and his coaching staff.

Our set pieces are shocking, our finishing is woeful and Stockley should be nowhere near the captain’s armband 
  • Barnsley have not even had to play well - they have just used a few bits of pressure to get their goals.

Its an easy 2-0 for them. 

• Why is Morgan still on the pitch - done nothing so far 
    Personally, I'd prefer to take Stockley out of the game.
  • Garner looks totally out of his depth 
  • McGrandles passes a bit wildy to Payne and it's out for a Barnsley throw in their half.
  • I have to say I am increasingly unconvinced with Garner (and I kind of backed his appointment) - we seem to lack fight, tactics & any form of a plan - I know we are lacking a few players but this is not a weak starting line-up or subs bench & we look dead

hope I am proved wrong & we come back & win this 3-2

• Mcgrandles and Sess to get some match fitness thankfully.
    It will be good when all players are match fit
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • SDAddick said:
    Short of getting on the pitch and playing himself, not sure what people expect of Garner.
    Better defensive organization, particularly when we're defending in our own third.

Better defending in transition, this has been a problem all season. 

Working on delivery and final balls.

Garner has work to do. That being said, Garner is not the biggest problem here. We have Stockley up front. We have a CM converted to RB playing LB. We have Lavelle at CB. And our only striker on the bench is 18. We should definitely be doing better with this squad, but this squad also has shortcomings. 
    I don't honestly think we should when our only goal threat is Shockley and an all be it, promising, 18 year old.

Garner isn't the problem, just like Jackson wasn't last year, the problem is poor recruitment/lack of recruitment.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!