Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• edited September 2022
    Don't panic, Kirk on.....
  • Fraser and CBT off, Kirk and Leaburn on.
  • IR94 said:
    Huskaris said:
    I much preferred the yo yoing years where we were going between the champ and league one. At least then you are either fighting to survive, or fighting to go up. 

This mid level mediocrity is just so unbelievably dull. It's not even October and the season feels like its over. 
    could be fighting for survival at league 1 at this rate
    I love thee positivity... "fighting..."
  • edited September 2022
    442, this won't finish 2-0.
  • Barnsley also make a sub but dunno what effect that's have on their formation.

• Down to 16th in this shite league while The Valley is full to the rafters with YouTubeers.

What a time to be alive 
    16th in League One, goodness me. Absolutely shameful. 
  • Another year in L1 for us probably. 
    Probably?
    Relegation is still a possibility 
  • And know we’re subbing off probably our two best players on the day. 
  • This could be worse than last season. At least when Jacko took over he had options up front. 

January could be too late to strengthen. 
  • so many just poor players, dobson, leaburn, rak and maybe clare and cbt at a push are the only redeeming players we have, the rest I couldn't care less about
  • Sponsored links:

• 4-4-2 now.

Not sure I’d be keeping Morgan on over Fraser. 
    No way could Fraser play in a midfield two. He's been pretty anonymous today anyway
  • IR94 said:
    Huskaris said:
    I much preferred the yo yoing years where we were going between the champ and league one. At least then you are either fighting to survive, or fighting to go up. 

This mid level mediocrity is just so unbelievably dull. It's not even October and the season feels like its over. 
    could be fighting for survival at league 1 at this rate
    I love thee positivity... "fighting..."
    The
  • Ok we can’t get a clean sheet win, let’s settle for 2-2.
  • aliwibble said:
    Barnsley also make a sub but dunno what effect that's have on their formation.
    Whatever it is,will still be better than ours…
  • Huskaris said:

Could go down still....
  • Egbo down the right, manages to cross, but Stockley's under the ball and it's header clear for a corner.
  • Weak up front and weak in the left back position. 

But we knew that. 
  • We really haven’t played badly, we’ve created all the best openings, and we’re losing two nil from the only two shots on target in the match.
    Shows the importance of getting the shots on target.
  • Sponsored links:

• decent ball by egbo, stockley is just pathetic 
  • 4-4-2 now.

Not sure I’d be keeping Morgan on over Fraser. 
    Not sure I'd be keeping Stockley on over anyone.
  • Corner gets cleared and we retain possession, send the ball forward to Morgan who just manages to keep it in play by the corner flag. Doesn't have a lot of support and gets dispossed
  • Hope Minto reads my non footballing question out at full time, or this woulda been a complete waste of fuckin time
  • aliwibble said:
    Egbo down the right, manages to cross, but Stockley's under the ball and it's header clear for a corner.
    Stockley has been a massive disappointment this season in the air. He never seems to win any of those half chances now 
  • And know we’re subbing off probably our two best players on the day. 
    CBT was either knackered or picked up a knock. I don't think Fraser has the workrate to play in a midfield two, but beyond that he's just had a baby and suspect he's not slept much in the last two weeks so may not be at his fittest. 
  • Come on come on now, you can’t judge until we have played 10 games. Earlier than that it’s not a true picture…….

oh Hold on game number ten and we are 16th and 3 points off the bottom 3. 
  • We chip the ball into their area, keeper scampers out and punches away slightly limply. Barnsley come forward,  and could possibly have done a bit better with the shot that goes wide for a goal kick.
  • If this finishes 3 or 4 to Barnsley Garner will be sacked. 
  • Totally, utterly depressing.

I see NO way out of this dilemma.

Not a shred of "let"s raise our game and get at 'em' from anywhere on the pitch , and notably our captain.

Sadly I don't see anything changing for the better  this side of May.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!